University of Chicago, Graduate School of Business, concentrations in marketing and Finance.
Northwestern University, Medill School of Journalism, concentration in news/editorial sequence.
University of Michigan, College of Literature, Science and the Arts, major in journalism.
A Private Company, Chicago, Northbrook, and Evanston (1983-present)
Principal of this marketing services/consulting firm, which specializes in:
- Strategic marketing planning including creating written market plan documents.
- Implementing marketing programs.
- Integrated marketing communications services including advertising, public relations, sales promotion, direct mail.
- Project management including building and directing creative and production teams to execute marketing plans and specific tasks.
- Helping clients develop and maintain business relationships.
As a "hands-on" consultant, I help clients develop strategies and programs as well as assist in the implementation. The firm concentrates on business-to-business marketing with specific focus on financial services, accounting and consulting services, commercial real estate, eldercare, office technology, manufacturing and distribution. Concurrent with the management of Market Strategies, I became involved with:
The Investor Relations Company, Northbroock, IL (June 1998 to July 1999) As Senior Vice President, I was involved in the full array of Investor Relations activities including account management; working with the financial press including magazines, newsletter and wire services; direct contacts with analysts and brokers; and writing of financial news releases, quarterly and annual reports, profiles and fact sheets.
The Financial Relations Board, Inc., Chicago, IL (April 1997 to June 1998) As an Account Manager for this large, national investor relations firm, I:
- Coordinated account service, market intelligence and media activities.
- Created investment profiles and fact sheets; developed and wrote annual reports,
quarterly earnings releases and other news releases.
Stern Walters/Earle Ludgin, Inc., Chicago, IL (1991-83) Vice President - Account Supervisor:
- Account manager for Associates Commercial Corporation account, a commercial finance company with advertising billings in excess of $7 million.
- Account manager for Sears, Roebuck & Co. Contract Sales Group division.
- Developed marketing strategies, planning and account management.
The Wittleder Company, Inc., Chicago, IL (1976-80) Vice-President -Account Supervisor:
- Created and implemented marketing strategies and programs.
- Clients involved in office products and services, data systems, micrographics,
commercial real estate, automotive aftermarket and financial services.
Brand Advertising, Inc., Chicago IL (1973-76) Vice-President –Director of Public Relations:
- Responsible for firm’s public relations profit center.
- Programming, planning, client and media contact, writing and editing.
- Active in new business development.
- Clients involved in automotive aftermarket, industrial equipment, agriculture.
Golin/Harris Communications, Inc., Chicago, IL (1971-73) Account Supervisor for this large public relations agency:
- Worked on McDonald’s restaurants, agency’s major account.
- Created national model awareness program for Chicagoland market.
- Managed McDonald’s involvement in public affairs, ecology, energy conservation,
labor relations and the inner city.
- Involved in financial relations and marketing-support activities.
Began career as copy, wire and make-up editor for CHICAGO DAILY NEWS. Moved into corporate public relations as editor of an employee publication for ILLINOIS BELL TELEPHONE COMPANY in Chicago and Springfield, IL. As a publicity specialist for MORTON INTERNATIONAL INC., I became involved in the consumer, industrial, institutional, automotive and agricultural markets. My first experience in agency public relations was with THE PUBLIC RELATIONS BOARD, INC., (now known as PORTER NOVELLI), first as an account executive and later as an account supervisor.
PROFESSIONAL MEDIA EXPERIENCE
- Copy Editor for Chicago Daily News, Chicago, IL
- Editor and General Assignment Reporter for The Patriot Ledger, Quincy, MA
- Correspondent for United Press International in Ann Arbor, MI
- Part-time general assignment reporter for Pioneer Press newspapers, Wilmette and Highland
- Free-lance columnist for Homelife section of Chicago Sun Times
Available Upon Request
Available Upon Request
Business-related articles in
- Active Times
- Business Life
- Office Dealer
- Office System
- Chicago Sun-Times
- Dow Jones Business Employment Weekly
- Texas Realtor
- Multifamily Executive
- Office and Industrial Properties
- Real Estate Profiles
- Kiwanis Magazine
- The Rotarian
- Home Business Journal
- Business Sense
- Real Estate Chicago
- American Fitness
- Area Development
- Real Estate Chicago
- Plants, Sites & Parks
- Journal of Property Management
- Commercial Investment Real Estate
- Crain’s Chicago Business
Kellogg Graduate School of Management
- Business Marketing -- A graduate level course focusing on industrial and business-to-business marketing principles and cases.
School of Continuing Studies
- Principles of Marketing -- An introductory survey course that covers basic principles including market research. - Strategic Marketing: Cases in Decision-Making -- A more advanced, case-method course.
- Business-to-Business Marketing -- A course that explores the differences between consumer marketing and business marketing.
- Introduction to Public Relations -- An introductory course that focuses on the various facets of public relations and publicity.
- Integrated Marketing Communications -- A course that I created that focuses on the synergies of coordinating all the promotional blend elements.
Walter E. Heller College of Business Administration
- Marketing in Theory and Practice -- A graduate level course that covers basic principles of marketing and market research.
- Selling and Sales Management -- An undergraduate course focusing on consultative selling and the management of the sale force.
- Consumer Behavior -- An undergraduate course that explored the how’s and why’s of consumer purchasing.
- Introduction to Advertising -- An undergraduate course focusing on advertising, sales promotion and integrated marketing communications.
- International Marketing Analysis -- A graduate level course that probes how foreign companies market in the United States and how domestic companies market abroad.
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT CHICAGO
- Advertising and Sales Promotion -- An undergraduate course that introduces students to the basic principles of advertising.
- New Product Management -- An undergraduate course focusing on the new product development and marketing process.
DE PAUL UNIVERSITY
College of Commerce -- Graduate Level
- Marketing Strategy -- A case-oriented course focusing on decision-making.
- Industrial Marketing -- A course utilizing cases and text that concentrates on industrial and business-to-business marketing.
College of Commerce -- Undergraduate Level
- Principles of Marketing -- A basic, survey course that introduces all the College of Commerce students to marketing.
- Marketing Management -- A second-tier course that uses cases to illustrate basic marketing principles.
- Introduction to Advertising -- A course for marketing majors that introduces students to basic advertising.
- Industrial Marketing -- A course for marketing majors focusing on industrial and business-to-business marketing.
- Personal Selling -- A course for marketing majors that concentrates on consultative selling.
LAKE FOREST GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
- Marketing Management -- An executive graduate-level course that uses cases and a major team project to introduce students to the principles of marketing and marketing management.
MINNESOTA STATE BAR ASSOCIATION
Continuing Legal Education
- Faculty member Minneapolis State Bar Association, Minneapolis, MN
AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST