A designer, builder, programmer, integrator and installer of complex distributed systems, technology integration, analysis, design, implementation, commissioning, troubleshooting, mechatronics, mechanical, structural technologies, data acquisition, camera, audio matrix, video matrix, temperature sensor, moisture sensor, seismic sensor, valve, solenoid, motor, intruder detector, flow sensor, finger print scanner, load cell, strain gauge, position sensor, shaft encoder, keypad, sounder, lamp, relay, rfid scanner, software, hardware, equipment, cabling, software ip, automation, remote monitoring, remote control, scada, bms, ems, bems, energy, audio, video, tv, cctv, circuit design, data acquisition, device drivers, digital signal processing, dlls, dns building, firmware hardware interfacing, gpio read write, graphical user interfaces, hardware in the loop, mathematics algorithm design, mesh networking, secure code programming, software porting, software hardware interfacing, virtual private networks, analogue electronics, radio wireless hardware development, remote termination units, sdram, stepper motor drivers, intercoms, telecoms,
Expert No. 3374Objectives
To work on Technology Integration Projects worldwide - in analysis, design, implementation, commissioning, troubleshooting or teaching/training. This could be directly on the product itself, or project-managing a company's outsourcing of this work to overseas companies in India or China for example. In addition to electronics and software, projects could also incorporate mechatronics and mechanical or structural technologies.
As an expert/specialist in Networked Sensing & Control Systems (also known as Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) within certain fields); I would be very pleased to secure further work in this area. Basically, if a company has a stand-alone product, eg: pan-tilt-zoom-focus (PTZF) camera, audio matrix, video matrix, temperature sensor, moisture sensor, seismic sensor, valve, solenoid, motor, intruder detector, flow sensor, finger-print scanner, load cell, strain gauge, position sensor, shaft encoder, keypad, sounder, lamp, relay, RFID scanner, etc; I have the experience to be able to create a networked infrastructure (from bespoke and COTS, software, hardware, equipment, and cabling), along with the required interfaces to each stand-alone sensor or device, to allow these products to be installed on-mass over a wide area, eg: over a large machine, aircraft or test-rig; in every room of a hotel; throughout a port or airport; across an entire city; or even spread across multiple countries. If automation is also required, then scripts can be developed to provide rules, for interaction of sensors/devices with each other automatically, eg: wave analysis for tsunami detection, integrated campus automation systems, city-wide CCTV & ANPR systems, complete home/building automation systems, road displays for directing drivers to available parking spaces around a town, etc.
In the human brain, approximately 100 billion neurons connect to each other via MESH networking. Each neuron connects directly to their neighbouring neurons via an average of 7,000 direct links called synapses. Having successfully designed and implemented software which allows approximately 66,000 computers (neurons), to each connect directly to their neighbouring computers via approximately 150 direct links (synapses), via RS232, RS422, RS485, Ethernet, UDP/IP, WiFi, 3G, Microwave, Laser, etc; I am keen to help companies to network their products in this way, via either Embedded Microcontroller-Based Computers or PC-Based Computers or dedicated ASICs. I have also developed software which: allows approximately 4 billion full-function PTZF cameras spread across approximately 66,000 major signal/data concentration sites and control rooms, to be integrated into one system, and additionally allows an unlimited number of digital/analogue sensors and devices to be integrated via distributed modules/RTUs, into one massive SCADA & Automation system, across any distance, multiple topologies and media types. One application of such technology was to help an OEM, also a Police contractor, to interface their CCTV products with London's city-wide, Metropolitan Police Service controlled CCTV Network, interconnected across London via a TVNP infrastructure. I would be pleased to help: Security, BMS, EMS, SCADA & Automation manufacturers to develop the technology, Systems Installers to be able to tender for similar enterprise-scale projects worldwide, and, Airport, Ports, and Government to implement such complex infrastructures directly. Countries & Work/Business Visas/Permits
-Work/Business Visas/Permits Not Required for: UK & All EU Countries & Canada.
-Work/Business Visas/Permits Hold/Held for: United States of America (USA), Peoples Republic of China (PRC), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), and the Isle of Man (IOM).
-Have USA H1B Visa, and also eligible for USA TN Visa.Profile
A designer, builder, programmer, integrator and installer of complex distributed systems - A self-motivated problem solver with experience in all aspects of turn-key systems - Ability to analyse complex asynchronous systems - Ability to integrate mixed components and equipment - Ability to make judgments independently or with minimal direction from others - Ability to work within multi-disciplined teams or remotely or on own - Enjoys pioneering new products - Enjoys technically challenging problems - Experienced in electrical, electronics, computers, software, firmware, hardware and mechatronics - From software to hardware to mechatronics, from concept to completion - Hands-on from lab coat to boiler suit - Methodical and organized - Novel, Innovative & Creative designs - Strong interest in learning and growing - Strong technical debugging and problem solving skills at the boundaries of SW/FW/HW - Training of customers and users - Very analytical - Willing to travel internationally and work remotely - Develops and tests incrementally for a works first time approach.Current PatentsAvailable Upon RequestExample Accomplishments - Working Autonomously From Home-Office
Designed & Developed hardware and software IP, for: Distributed Analogue I/O, Distributed Digital I/O, Electronic Security, Building Automation, Remote Monitoring, Remote Control, SCADA, BMS/EMS/BEMS, Energy & Water Saving, Distributed/Routed Audio/Video/TV/CCTV, and Facilities Management. Involves interconnection of system components, via any networking topology including MESH/LATICE, and via various protocols over: wired, wireless, satellite and/or fibre-optic media, in local intranet and/or global internet modes.
Designed & Developed TVNP software/middleware and specific CCTV drivers, to help expand and further integrate, London's city-wide: Metropolitan Police Service (MPS), Transport for London (TfL) Underground Metro, and Highways Agency, shared CCTV Network.
Designed & Developed a bespoke specialized embedded computer for automated Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) systems, with a multitude of specialized communications interfaces, for: storage-bin weight measurements, barcode scanning, finger-print scanning, RFID reading, logging of all accesses, the locking/unlocking of secure cabinets/safes/drawers, and automatic re-ordering. The range of MRO products based on this specialized computer, are particularly essential in medical, pharmaceutical and firearms, requiring access controlled and access logged storage applications. The Single-Board-Computer (SBC) / Motherboard, runs Windows CE (WinCE).Top 20+ Skills (Years):
- Advising (26) - Autonomous Invention (26) - C/C++ (17) - Consulting (26) - Control Systems (26) - CPLD & PLD Design (26) - Device Driver Design (26) - Electronics Design (Analogue & Digital) (26) - Full Life Cycle Development by Self or With Team (26) - Independent Research (26) - Investigating (26) - Microcontrollers & Microprocessors (26) - Op-Amps (26) - RS232 (26) - RS422 (21) - RS485 (21) - Run-Time Library (RTL) (20) - SCADA (26) - Software Design (26) - Troubleshooting (26) - UDP/IP (5) - Win32 (13).Microcontrollers & Microprocessors Experienced (Years)
- 8-Bit (26) - 16-Bit (26) - 32-Bit (9) - 64-Bit (1) - 6809 (6) - 68000 (3) - 8051 (26) - 8085 (3) - 80x86 (26) - ARM (9) - C166 (12) - C167 (12) - Intel Atom (1) - PIC (17) - PowerPC (13) - ST10 (11) - ST6 (17) - ST7 (17) - StrongARM (9) - X86 (26) - XScale (8).Documentation Tools Experienced (Years)
- MS Office (17) - MS Project (14) - MS Visio (11) - Photography (26).Documentation Types Experienced (Years)
- Writing Detailed Design Documents (26) - Writing Requirements Documentation (26) - Writing Specification Documents (26) - Writing Test Documents (26) - Writing User & Engineer Manuals (26).Engineering Techniques Experienced (Years)
- Board Bring-Up (26) - Building Final Product (26) - Fault Finding (26) - Installation of Equipment into Buildings (26) - Machining (26) - Maintaining Equipment (26) - Problem Solving (26) - Proof of Concept (26) - Prototyping (26) - Quality Analysis (26) - Reverse Engineering (26) - Root Cause Analysis (26) - Safety Analysis (26) - Soldering (26) - Troubleshooting (26).Schematic & Circuit Design Tools Experienced (Years)
- Cadence OrCAD Capture (& Layout Reviews) (23).Programming Languages & Tools Experienced (Years)
- ANSI C (26) - Assembly Language (26) - BASIC (26) - Borland C++ Builder (2) - C (26) - C/C++ (17) - Jungo KernelDriver (1) - Jungo WinDriver (1) - Lauterbach ICE (2) - MS BASIC (26) - MS C (26) - MS Visual Basic (17) - MS Visual C++ (17) - MS Visual Studio (17) - Nohau ICE (1) - Sun Studio (1) - TCL (2).Electronic/Electrical Tools Experienced (Years)
- Workshop Machines (26) - Workshop Tools (26).Software/Hardware Testing Tools Experienced (Years)
- In-Circuit-Emulators (ICE) (1) - Logic Analysers (26) - Multimeters (26) - Oscilloscopes (26) - Protocol Analysers (26) - Signal Generators (26).Source-Code & Documentation Version Control Software Experienced (Years)
- MS SourceSafe (6) - PVCS (2).Software-Change Management Software Experienced (Years)
- Agile (1).Operating Systems Experienced (Years)
- MS DOS (26) - MS Windows (13) - RTOS (26) - Sun Solaris (1) - VenturCom RTX (5) - VxWorks (5).Programmable Logic Experienced (Years)
- Altera MAX+PLUS II (4) - Altera MAX7000 (4) - CPLD (4) - Design & Test (26) - Glue logic (26) - I/O (26) - Ladder Logic (26) - Memory Map (26) - PLC (26) - Registers (26).Data Processing Experienced (Years)
- Compression (26) - Design & Test (26) - Encryption (26).Data-Signal Modulation Experienced (Years)
- Copper (26) - Design & Test (26) - Fiber-Optic (26) - Laser (26) - RF Carrier Wave Modulation (26).Data Communications Sub-Systems Experienced (Years)
- Bridges (26) - Design & Test (26) - Firewalls (13) - Repeaters (26) - Routers (26) - Switches (21) - Transceivers (26).Serial Communications Experienced (Years)
- ARINC-429 (3) - Bi-Phase-Level Encoding (21) - CAN (1) - Design & Test (26) - Ethernet (17) - I2C (21) - Internet (17) - Intranet (17) - IP (5) - JTAG (11) - LAN (21) - Layer 1 (26) - Manchester Code (21) - Mesh Networking (3) - Mesh Networks (3) - MIL-STD-1553B (2) - Multi-Layer Communications Protocol Stack Design & Test (26) - Multi-Topology Networks (26) - Near Field Communications (NFC) (26) - OSI Layers (26) - PHY Layer (26) - PWM (26) - RFID (17) - RS232 / RS-232 (26) - RS422 / RS-422 (21) - RS485 / RS-485 (21) - SDLC & HDLC (2) - SPI (21) - TCP/IP (1) - TV Network Protocol (TVNP) (3) - Twisted-Pair (26) - UARTs (26) - UDP (5) - UDP/IP (5) - WAN (9) - Wi-Fi (5) - WLAN (5).Software Compilers & Assemblers Experienced (Years)
- GCC (11) - GNU (11) - Intel (26) - Keil (11) - Microchip (17) - Microsoft (26) - Motorola (26) - Sun Microsystems (1).Software Development Experienced (Years)
- APIs (14) - Artificial Intelligence (AI) (21) - Berkley Sockets (5) - BIOS (26) - Bit-Fields (21) - BSPs (26) - Built-In-Self-Test (BIST) (26) - Built-In-Test (BIT) (26) - Client-Server Applications (17) - Cradle (2) - Data Acquisition (26) - Data Logging (26) - Data Structures (21) - Design & Test (26) - Device Drivers (26) - Digital Signal Processing (DSP) (26) - Direct Register Manipulation (26) - DLLs (13) - DNS Building (3) - Embedded (26) - Encryption (26) - Error Detection & Correction (26) - Ethernet (17) - Filtering (26) - Firmware Design & Test (26) - Firmware-Hardware Interfacing (26) - GPIO Read/Write (26) - Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) (26) - Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) (26) - Hardware-Software Integration (26) - High Throughput (26) - HMI (26) - I/O (26) - IDEs (21) - Internet Tunnelling (5) - Interprocess Communication (21) - Interrupt Service Routines (26) - Inter-Site Comms Links (26) - Low Latency Programming Techniques (26) - Low-Level (26) - Mathematics & Algorithm Design (26) - Mesh Networking (3) - Mesh Networks (3) - Middleware Design & Test (26) - MMI (26) - Modelling (26) - Multiplexing (26) - Multi-Tasking (26) - Multi-Threaded (21) - Mutexes (21) - Object Oriented Design (OOD) (21) - Packetization (26) - Power-On Diagnostics (26) - Proprietary Databases (21) - Proprietary Protocols (26) - Protocol Camouflage (17) - Real-Time (26) - Reliable and Guaranteed Messaging Delivery Policies (26) - Routing (26) - Run-Time Library (RTL) (20) - Script Porting (26) - Secure Code Programming Techniques (5) - Semaphores (26) - Shared Memory (26) - Simulation (26) - Software Porting (26) - Software-Hardware Interfacing (26) - State Machines (26) - Stepper Motor Drivers (26) - Timers (26) - Time-Stamping (26) - Use Cases (26) - Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) (5) - Watchdogs (26) - Win32 (13) - Yourdon Methodology (14).Hardware Development Experienced (Years)
- ADC (26) - Amplification (26) - Analogue Electronics (26) - Analogue ICs (26) - Audio (26) - Audio Matrixes (26) - Built-In-Self-Test (BIST) (26) - Built-In-Test (BIT) (26) - Clock Recovery (26) - CMOS (26) - Comparators (26) - Cross-Points / Matrixes (26) - DAC (26) - Design & Test (26) - Digital Electronics (26) - Digital ICs (26) - Digital Phase Locked Loop (DPLL) Design (26) - Discrete Analogue Components (26) - Discrete Digital Components (26) - Electrical (26) - Embedded (26) - Ethernet (17) - Filtering (26) - Grounding/Earthing Techniques (26) - Harnesses (26) - HMI (26) - I/O (26) - I/O Cards (26) - IEE (26) - IEEE (9) - Instrumentation (26) - ISA (13) - LCD Displays (17) - Linear ICs (26) - Low Voltage (26) - Marvell/Galileo (Data-Concentrator ICs) (2) - Measurement (26) - Mechatronics (v) - Mesh Networking (3) - Mesh Networks (3) - Metering (26) - Micro Electronics (26) - Microcontrollers (26) - Microprocessors (26) - Mixed-Signal Components (26) - MMI (26) - MODEMs (26) - Motion Control (26) - Motion Sensing (26) - Multiplexing (26) - NVM (26) - Op-Amps (26) - Opto-Isolation (26) - Packet Radio (14) - Passenger Information Displays (PIDs) (14) - PC Interfacing (26) - PC/104+ (14) - PCB Design Supervision (26) - PCI (14) - PHY Layer (26) - Physics Analysis (26) - Radio & Wireless (26) - Remote Termination Units (RTUs) (26) - SDRAM (9) - Servo Control (26) - Servo-Mechanisms (26) - Signal Conditioning & Conversion (26) - Signal Mixing (26) - SMT (9) - Stepper Motor Drivers (26) - TFT Displays (9) - Three-Phase Power Systems (26) - Transducers (26) - Transformers (26) - Transponders (26) - TTL (26) - VHC (9) - Video (14) - Video Matrixes (14) - VME (13) - Zilog Z16C30 & Z16C32 (Communications ICs) (9).Systems Development Experienced (Years)
Addressable Sensors & Devices (26) - Cabling (26) - Calibration (26) - Computerization (26) - Computers (26) - Computing (26) - Design & Test (26) - Embedded (26) - Infrastructure (26) - Intelligent Systems (26) - Robotics (26) - Robots (26) - Safety Critical Systems (26) - Single-Board Computer (SBC) (26) - SOC (26) - SOIC (26) - SOPC (26) - Telecontrol (26) - Telematics (26) - Telemeters (26) - Telemetry (26) - Telephone Systems (26) - Turn-Key Systems (26).Limited Use Or Knowledge Only
.NET - ADSL - Altium Designer - ASICs - Bash - Bluetooth - C# - C-Shell - Code Composer Studio - DO-178B - DO-254 - DOORS - DSLAM - FPGA Development - GPS - HTML - Java - LabView - LDAP - Linux - Matlab - Memory Management Unit (MMU) - MFC - OSIsoft - PI System - Platform Builder - Protel - PSTN - QNX - Simulink - SQL - TMS320 DSP - Tridium Niagara - UML / Rhapsody
UNIX - USB - VHDL - VOIP.Turn-Key Systems & Software/Hardware Products Designed & Developed To Date
- Access Control Systems - Accounting Systems - Aircraft & Avionics Automated Test Equipment & Test Rigs - Aircraft Fuel System Test Systems - Aircraft Landing Gear Test Systems - Alarm Systems - Appliance Control Systems - Automated Test Equipment (ATE) - Automation - Building Control Systems - Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS) - Building Management Systems (BMS) - Burglar Alarms - CCTV Systems - Cheating Detection Systems - Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4i) - Communication Bridges - Communication Switches - Communications Repeaters - Communications Routers - Computers - Control Systems - Cross-Compiler - Data Logging Systems - Database Systems - Diesel EMU/EMS Automated Test Systems - Distributed Control System (DCS) - Educational Equipment - Electronic Code Locks - Electronic Security Systems - Energy Management Systems (EMS) - Engine Management System Test Systems - Home Automation Systems - HVAC Control Systems - In-Circuit-Emulators (ICE) - Infrared Camera - Instrumentation & Control (I&C) - Integrated Airport Systems - Integrated Metro Systems - Integrated Railway Systems - Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) - Intercoms - Learning Disability Rehabilitation Equipment - Locomotive Control Systems & Factory/Field Test/Diagnostics Systems - Machine Control Systems - Machine Safety Systems - Metal Detectors - Metro Communication Systems - Metro Control Systems - Power Supplies - Printing Press Control Systems - Proprietary Data Transmission Systems - Proprietary Telemetry Protocols - Public Address Systems - Railway Communication Systems - Railway Control Systems - Remote Control - Remote Monitoring - Remote Sensing - Remote Test & Diagnostics - RFID Systems - Robotic Control Systems - Satellite & Astronomical Tracking - Scheduling Systems - Security Systems - Sound Systems - Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) - Surveillance Systems - Switches & Bridges - Telecommunications - Telephone Systems - Thermal Imaging Camera - TV Network Protocol (TVNP) - Vehicle Immobilization Systems.End Users Summary
- Airbus - Alcatel - AMEC - BAE Systems - British Aerospace - Building Architects & Planners - Building Contractors - Cameron Health - Centro - Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) - Dispense-Source - Dixon's Stores Group - Domestic Consumers - East Pennine Assembly Hall - Educational Psychologists - Fairfield Assembly Hall - Fish Farms - Fraud Squad - GE Locomotive - GKN Westland Helicopters - Godstone Assembly Hall - Grampian Regional Council - Hasalarm Security Electronics - Highland Regional Council - Highlands & Islands Development Board - Hi-Sat Communications - Hong Kong Airport & Railway - Hospitals - Hotels & Guest Houses - Imperial War Museum - Infineon - Infinitronix - Isle of Skye Medical Centre - ITEC - Jumbo's Corner - LC Automation - Lego - Leyland Auto Electrical & Diesel - London Underground - Lord & King Air Executive Jets - Lord Lovat's Estate - Lucas / TRW - Manchester Assembly Hall - Mansion Control - Midland Metro - Nexiant - Nohau - Others who wish to remain anonymous for confidentiality - Police - Private home owners - Proton - Quanzhou Normal University - Quickly Built Kingdom Halls - Retail shops - Seaboard Anchors - Simon Printing Presses - South Western Sydney Institute - Sumita Business Machines - Sumita Electronics - Sun Microsystems - TeleNetwork V2D - Transport for London (TfL) - Union Pacific Railroad - Veba Oil Operations (joint venture between the National Oil Corporation and Petro-Canada) - Volvo.Managed / Supervised
- Board and system bring-ups and commissioning - Engineers - Equipment Manufacturers & Assemblers - Meetings with Intel engineers for custom SBC design certification - On-site installations and field trials - PCB CAD Designers, Manufacturers & Assemblers - Students aged 11-16 in High School education - Students aged 16-18 in C&G education - Students aged 18-24 in University education - Subcontractors - Suppliers & Vendors - Teams of installation volunteers for charitable projects - Technicians - The design and build of electronics laboratories with surface-mount rework facilities - Trainees - University Interns.Education/Qualification Summary
- 2008: Dr of Science Degree in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology.
- 2007: Master of Science Degree in Electronics Engineering and Communications.
- 1999: Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science.
- 1984: BTEC National Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- 1982: 12x High School GCE/CSE's in Metalwork, Physics, Chemistry, Geometrical & Eng. Drawing, etc.
2007 - 2008: BELFORD UNIVERSITY (Internet based).
- Year of Graduation: 2008.
- Program Enrolled: Doctor of Science Degree (Doctorate/DSc/Sc.D/Ph.D/PhD).
- Major: Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology.
- GPA: 3.91 (Summa Cum Laude).
- Distinction: Advanced Electronics Engineering.
- Award of Excellence: Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology.
2006 - 2007: BELFORD UNIVERSITY (Internet based).
- Year of Graduation: 2007.
- Program Enrolled: Master of Science Degree (Master's/MSc/MSEE).
- Major: Electronics Engineering and Communications.
- GPA: 3.93 (Summa Cum Laude).
- Distinction: Advanced Control Systems.
- Award of Excellence: Electronics Engineering and Communications.
1999 - 1999: FOUNDATION FOR INTERNATIONAL SERVICES (Washington, USA).
- Evaluation required by US Government for H1B visa.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Bachelor's/BSc/BSCS) in Computer Science.
1982 - 1984: WR TUSON COLLEGE / PRESTON COLLEGE (England).
- Year of Graduation: 1984.
- Program Enrolled: BTEC National Diploma (Dip.EEE).
- Major: Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Distinctions: Mathematics and Microelectronic Systems.
Projects Personally Designed & Developed As Hobbies & Coursework From 1982 - 1984:
- A1-size Drawing Digitizer - Full Duplex Modem - GUI-Controlled 12-Input, 8-Output, low-noise Audio Mixer, with 12x8 crosspoint-switch, adjustable HF & LF roll-offs, gains, and built-in 8x power-output stages for octophonic effects, and direct speaker drive, etc.
1977 - 1982: PENWORTHAM PRIORY HIGH SCHOOL (England).
- Year of Graduation: 1982.
- 12x High School GCE/CSE's in: English, Mathematics, Metalwork, Physics, Chemistry, Geometrical & Eng. Drawing, etc.
Projects Personally Designed & Developed As Hobbies & Coursework From 1977 - 1982:
- Audio Mixers - Audio Power Amplifiers - Bicycle Signalling Lights - Bicycle Trailer & Universal-Joint-Coupler - Crystal-Sets and Radios - Digital Counters & Timers - Diving Weight Mould - Door Bells - Electronic Alarm Systems - Electronic Door Locks - Electronics Kits to teach others - Fishing Weight Mould - Intercoms - Metal Detectors - Nickel-Silver Jug - PABX Relay & Selector Exerciser - Remote Control for TV & Lights - Sound Effects Units - Tape Deck - Telephone with Digital Dialler - Timers - Various Wooden Cabinets - Wired link to friend's house.Summary Of All Major Professional Assignments
2007 - Present: Freelance Contracting under the umbrella of A Company (England).
- Roles: Director & Technology Integration Consultant/Analyst/Specialist (complete product life-cycle and very hands-on).
- Function: Electronics & Software - Design, Implementation & Commissioning. Bespoke & COTS SCADA Systems Integration & Architecture, applied to: BEMS/BMS/EMS, Security, Access Control, CCTV, ATE, and Complex Signal/Data Routing Equipment, etc.
- Actions Performed: Conceived, Specified, Designed, Built & Installed - Intelligent, Integrated, Distributed & Computerized - Automation, Monitoring, Instrumentation & Control Systems.
2005 - 2007: AIRBUS SAS (an EADS Company), based ultimately at their Fuel Systems Test Facility (FSTF) at Filton, Bristol (England).
- Roles: Test Engineering Services Consultant - Aircraft, Aerospace & Avionics, Systems Test Rigs (for A300, A330 & A340, etc).
- Reported to: Test Engineering Manager.
- Function: Bespoke SCADA Systems Integration & Architecture, applied to: Aeronautical Testing.
- Actions Performed: Designed, Built & Installed - Landing Gear Avionics & Stress Test Systems/Rigs ('97-'99); Fuel System Simulation & Avionics Test Systems/Rigs ('97-'99 & '05-'07); and Remote Sense/Control software for Remote Control & Monitoring of intrinsically-safe equipment, eg. actual A400M aircraft fuel pump drives, operated remotely from a purpose-built Control Room, for testing at the Fuel Systems Test Facility (FSTF), using actual heated/chilled aircraft fuel. These systems were used to verify and validate new avionics units (black boxes), or their recent software/firmware modifications, and provide a means for early identification of potential failure-modes throughout the life of the aircraft.
- Security Clearance & Official Secrets Act: Yes.
2005 - 2005: SUN MICROSYSTEMS INC (Prague, Czech Republic).
- Roles: Senior Software Development Engineer.
- Reported to: Team Manager.
- Function: Investigation into Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and Active Directory compatibility, for the Sun Solaris operating system enhancements.
- Actions Performed: Investigation of, and enhancements to, the Sun Solaris computer operating system source-code.
2004 - 2005: TAFE NSW SOUTH WESTERN SYDNEY INSTITUTE @ QUANZHOU NORMAL UNIVERSITY (People's Republic China).
- Roles: TESL & Business Technology - Teacher/Tutor of Student Teachers, Professor & Foreign Expert.
- Reported to: Dean of Languages, and Director of Business Studies.
- Function: Delivering University Education.
- Actions Performed: University Course Development & Teaching of Bachelor's Degree Courses to Student Teachers.
2003 - 2003: CAMERON HEALTH INC (Orange County, California, USA).
- Roles: Senior Principal Engineer (USD $6-fig. Per Annum (W2 Salaried Position) H-1B Specialty Occupation (Professional) Worker).
- Reported to: Vice President of R&D.
- Function: Bespoke SCADA Systems Integration & Architecture, applied to: FDA Regulated Medical Devices.
- Actions Performed: Groundbreaking research and computer modelling/simulation of proprietary RF Wireless/Radio Transceiver designs, their protocols, their complex interactions, and their RF/electro-magnetic characteristics, for Corrective Heart-Function Medical Implants known as Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (ICDs), to meet FDA requirements.
2001 - 2003: DISPENSE-SOURCE INC (now NEXIANT INC) (Orange County, California, USA).
- Roles: Senior Firmware & Electronics Design Engineer (USD $6-fig. Per Annum (W2 Salaried Position) H-1B Specialty Occupation (Professional) Worker).
- Reported to: Senior Vice President of Technology.
- Function: Bespoke SCADA Systems Integration & Architecture, applied to: Secure Dispensing Systems (SDS).
- Actions Performed: Designed, Built & Installed - Custom/Bespoke Windows Embedded Computers, Control Systems, and Proprietary Communication Interfaces.
2000 - 2001: TELENETWORK INC (Silicon Valley / Bay Area, California, USA).
- Roles: Senior Engineer (USD $6-fig. Per Annum (W2 Salaried Position) H-1B Specialty Occupation (Professional) Worker).
- Reported to: President & Chief Technical Officer (CTO).
- Function: Bespoke SCADA Systems Integration & Architecture, applied to: Voice/Video/Data Transceivers/Bridges for applications as diverse as, Digital Video Broadcast (DVB) Set-Top Boxes, to Remote Utility Meter Reading.
- Actions Performed: Groundbreaking research into innovative Transceiver architectures for Voice/Video/Data communications applications, including: high-power drivers, filters, digital phase-locked loops (DPLL's) for clock recovery, clock/data encoding/decoding, and efficient protocols.
1999 - 2000: NOHAU CORPORATION (Silicon Valley, California, USA).
- Roles: Senior Hardware & Software Design Engineer (USD $6-fig. Per Annum (W2 Salaried Position) H-1B Specialty Occupation (Professional) Worker).
- Reported to: President.
- Function: Bespoke SCADA Systems Integration & Architecture, applied to: tools for debugging, logging, monitoring and controlling, microprocessor and microcontroller prototype application boards.
- Actions Performed: Designed, Built & Installed - Microprocessor & Microcontroller Development Tools. Acted as Field Applications Engineer, and advised customers in the field on setting-up microcontrollers for a variety of communications protocols.
1997 - 1999: AIRBUS UK, BAE SYSTEMS (British Aerospace) & GKN WESTLAND (HELICOPTERS) DESIGN SERVICES (England).
- Roles: Test Engineering Services Software & Systems Eng. - Aircraft, Aerospace & Avionics, Systems Test Rigs (for A330 & A340, etc).
- Reported to: Control Systems Group Leader.
- Function: Bespoke SCADA Systems Integration & Architecture, applied to: Aeronautics - Structural & Avionics, Testing & Simulation.
- Actions Performed: Designed, Built & Installed - Landing Gear Avionics & Stress Test Systems/Rigs, Fuel System Simulation & Avionics Test Systems/Rigs, and Full-Scale Structural Ground Test-Rigs for static testing and fatigue testing, required to introduce loads and react loads safely into the test specimen (actual Landing Gear from a Canadian manufacturer, mounted in a purpose-built loading arrangement), and log all sensor data for analysis. Defined geometry of loading arrangements, including mounting positions for: hydraulic actuators, load-cells, strain-gauges, etc. Airbus used these test rigs to test equipment from Messier-Dowty, Goodrich, Smiths Industries, etc.
- Security Clearance & Official Secrets Act: Yes.
1996 - 1997: MARCONI COMMUNICATIONS LTD (now ERICSSON, was GEC PLESSEY TELECOMMUNICATIONS) (England).
- Roles: Systems & Software Engineer.
- Reported to: Software Systems Manager.
- Function: Bespoke SCADA Systems Integration & Architecture, applied to: Integrated Communications, Control & CCTV Systems for: International Airports, Railways & City Metros.
- Actions Performed: Helped Design, Build & Install in a pre-site mock-up for factory acceptance tests (FAT) - Multi-PC-based, Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) fibre-optic back-bone linked, Integrated C4i, ICCS & CCTV, for: Airports (Hong Kong), and Railways & Metros (TfL’s London Underground and Centro's Midland Metro).
- Security Clearance & Official Secrets Act: Yes.
1996 - 1998: POLICE FRAUD SQUAD DEPT. & CROWN PROSECUTION SERVICE (South Wales).
- Roles: Retained Expert Witness and Software & Hardware Consultant.
- Reported to: Fraud Squad Detective.
- Function: Technology Forensics Investigation & Reporting.
- Actions Performed: Researched, Investigated & Reported on - High Security, Vehicle Electronics & Software.
1995 - 1996: VARITY & LUCAS AEROSPACE LTD (now GOODRICH, was TRW AERONAUTICAL SYSTEMS) (York Road branch, England).
- Roles: Test Systems Design Engineer and Software & Hardware Consultant.
- Reported to: Test Engineering Manager.
- Function: Bespoke SCADA Systems Integration & Architecture, applied to: Ultra Portable Field Test & Calibration Equipment for Locomotive Engine Control Systems. A number of commissioned and calibrated units were delivered to GE Loco based in Erie. The units are known as GELFTE. They help GE during manufacture and with stranded locomotives in the field.
- Actions Performed: Conceived, Specified, Designed, Engineered & Commissioned - ATE & Factory/Field Test/Diagnostics Systems, for PowerTrain & Locomotive, Transportation Control Systems, based on FADEC aerospace technology.
- Security Clearance & Official Secrets Act: Yes.
1994 - 1994: VEBA OIL OPERATIONS and AMEC (North Africa, remotely from England).
- Roles: Integrated Systems, Communications & Automation Consultant.
- Reported to: AMEC's Branch Manager in Tripoli, Libya, and the Captain of Ras Lanuf's Oil Terminal Facility.
- Function: Bespoke SCADA Systems Integration & Architecture, applied to: Oil Terminal Facilities & Tank Farms.
- Actions Performed: Consultancy for the modernization of outdated SCADA, incorporating: DCS, Automation, Industrial Networks, Telematics, Instrumentation & Control Systems (I&C).
1994 - 1994: SMARTKEY SECURITY SYSTEMS LTD, and WALLACE RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT LTD (South Wales).
- Roles: Software & Hardware Consultant.
- Reported to: Managing Director.
- Function: Bespoke SCADA Systems Integration & Architecture, applied to: RFID-based Secure Access Control & Immobilization.
- Actions Performed: Designed, Built & Tested - software and hardware for Automotive RFID-based Secure Access Control.
1993 - 1994: MANSION CONTROL (Scotland & Canada).
- Roles: Integrated Systems, Communications & Automation Architect.
- Self Employment.
- Function: Bespoke SCADA Systems Integration & Architecture, applied to: Building/Home Automation, BEMS/BMS/EMS, Security, HVAC, Lighting, Energy Saving, and Comfort.
- Actions Performed: Conceived, Specified, Designed, Built & Installed - Building/Home Automation, BEMS/BMS/EMS, Security, HVAC, Lighting, Energy Saving, as a single, highly integrated SCADA system. Demonstrated working prototypes to try and secure funding.
1990 - 1993: GRAMPIAN REGIONAL COUNCIL (now ABERDEEN-SHIRE LOCAL GOVERNMENT) (Scotland).
- Roles: Senior Technician in Charge (Team Leader/Manager), based at Mearns Academy. Responsible for 5x Technicians, and supporting about 60-staff and about 1200-students.
- Reported to: Technical Resources Manager at the Council's Education Resource Centre.
- Function: Daily On-Site Technical Support to High School Education Departments, Teachers and Students.
- Actions Performed: Designed, Built & Installed/Setup, Education Equipment & Software, in the following Technical Domains: Design Technology, Science, Computing, Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Earth Observation Satellite System, Audio/Video/Media, etc.
1985 - 1989: HASALARM SECURITY ELECTRONICS (HSE), and INVERNESS ITEC (England & Scotland).
- Roles: Bespoke SCADA Systems Integration Architect, and City & Guilds Teacher/Tutor.
- Self Employed.
- Function: Bespoke SCADA Systems Integration & Architecture, applied to: a very diverse range of applications.
- Actions Performed: Designed, Built, Installed & Maintained - Building Management Systems (BMS), Energy Management Systems (EMS), Automation Systems, Electronic Security Alarm Systems, Activity-Boxes for Disabled Persons and Educational Psychologists, Active Mould Release System, Signs, Accounting and Business Admin Software, Light & Heat Control Systems for Commercial Chicken Sheds, Fish Farm Security System, Fish Farm Fish Counter, etc. Supervised students designing and manufacturing equipment for the Imperial War Museum and others. Teacher/Tutor to City & Guilds students.
1984 - 1985: LC AUTOMATION LTD (England).
- Roles: Research & Development Engineer / R&D Engineer.
- Reported to: Managing Director.
- Function: Bespoke SCADA Systems Integration & Architecture, applied to: Industrial Machines, Processes, and Safety Systems.
- Actions Performed: Investigated Problems in the Field, Conceived Solutions, Specified, Designed, Prototyped & Readied for Production: PC-based Control Systems, Plant Intelligence Modules, RTUs, Automation, Infrared Optics/Beams/Cameras, SCADA, Robotics & Safety Systems.ReferencesAvailable Upon Request