Nursing Home Administrator, Nursing Home Administrator Negligence, Nursing Home Administrator Abuse, Nursing Home Administrator Abuse Assisted Living, Nursing Home Administration Expert Witness, Sub Acute Care Center, Administrator, Nursing Home Administrator Abuse Long Term Care, Acute Care Settings, Quality Improvement Specialist, Educator, Author, Consultant, Nursing Homes Expert Witness Nursing Homes Standards of Care, Licensed Nursing Home Administrator, Nursing Home Administrator Abuse Assisted Living, Nursing Home Administrator Abuse Retirement Housing, Subacute Care, Nursing Home Standards of Care, Nursing Home Malpractice, Nursing Home Abuse, Resident Falls, Pressure Ulcers, Restraints, Nursing Home Staffing, Resident Rights, Equipment Safety, Medical Records, OBRA, JCAHO, Nursing Home Experience, Nursing, Home, Nursing Home Administrator Abuse Legal Consultant, Nursing Home Administrator Abuse Long Term Care,
Expert No. 3627Education
Cornell University, Masters in Health Care Administration, 1990
State University of New York at Cortland, Bachelor of Science, 1987CEO/Nursing Home Administrator/Management
Facility in Crisis Management/Court Appointed Patient Care Ombudsman
- Served as CEO for a non-profit, multi-level senior care organization with an annual budget of $18 million providing a broad range of health services and housing for approximately 600 older adults. Operational responsibilities included management of two "resident-centered" nursing homes, two assisted living communities, HUD sponsored housing and market-driven housing for independent older adults.
- Prior Chief Operating Officer of a university-based new continuing care retirement community (CCRC) sponsored by the University of Fl.
- Nursing Home Administrator for 120 bed licensed nursing facility offering subacute care. Recipient of Florida's Gold Seal program awarded to less than 5% of nursing homes for excellence in management and quality of life for their residents.
- Served as Administrative Fellow at Miami Jewish Home and Hospital, the Southeast's largest provider of senior care services. Licensed Administrator since 1993.
Worked with legal counsel to serve as part of a Patient Care Ombudsman team for a nursing home requiring financial reorganization.… Served as part of the management team for a nursing home in receivership .... Participated in and or managed full back to compliance initiatives including Federal re-certifications, special Facility Focus, SNF program monitoring, and initial facility certifications.Additional Professional Qualifications
- Served as Expert Witness and /or litigation consultant for plaintiff and defense attorneys in matters involving administration of licensed nursing facilities and assisted living in Florida, Kentucky, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, and Missouri.
- U.S. Army Field Medic with a foundation in direct patient care.
- Certified as a Retirement Housing Professional (R.H.P.) from the American
- Association of Homes and Services for the Aging.
- Possess unique experience of opening new two new licensed nursing homes between
- 2003 through 2008. Knowledgeable of state and Federal regulations, NFPA governing life safety issues, Medicaid and Medicare, risk management and expectations of each level of care across the long term care continuum.
Summer 2011 NewsletterReturn to Summer 2011 Newsletter