Expert Witness No.1100
OCCUPATION: Accident Reconstructionist
ACTAR Certified--Registration Number 102
EDUCATION: Georgia Institute of Technology
151 quarter hours toward BME
B.S.E. - 1994
EXPERIENCE: Cerny & Ivey Engineers, Inc. (1972 - 2001)
Diversified consulting engineering experience involving physical testing of materials and systems; fire investigations and damage evaluations; accident reconstruction; failure analysis; model and exhibit preparation; surveying; boiler failure evaluation; tire testing, research, and examination; seismologist in ground and structural vibrations from blasting, pile driving, machinery movement, etc.; pre-construction surveys; structural evaluation of vibration damage; vehicle component failure analysis; modular and mobile home design evaluation, testing, and certification; flammability testing of materials. During the latter half of the employment at Cerny & Ivey Engineers, Inc., the focus was increasingly placed on motor vehicle accident reconstruction and on evaluations of motor vehicle components and systems while I was employed as Senior Staff Engineer. Also served on the Board of Directors, as Corporate Secretary, and as Webmaster.
Engineering Design (1968 - 1971)
As a cooperative student, was employed by Georgia Power Company Central Engineering and by American Can Company Project Engineering, Naheola, Alabama. Experience included plan and profile drawings; cut and fill drawings and calculations; ash pond life expectancy studies; floodplain property maps; railroad design and layout; machinery and equipment design and location planning; piping design and drawing; maintenance engineering assistance.
During this period became familiar with various aspects of civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering. Acquired knowledge of paper mill operation, including power and recovery boilers, pulp and paper machines, water treatment, materials handling equipment and systems, pulp digesters, and cooling towers.
Available on full CV
- American Boat and Yacht Council American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Illuminating Engineering Society of North America Society of Accident Reconstructionists
- Society of Automotive Engineers Southeast Accident Reconstruction Society
ACTAR: Full Accreditation as a Traffic Accident Reconstructionist
- Guest lecturer at company seminars and talks to claims organizations; topics included vehicular and structural fire investigations and motor vehicle accident reconstruction.
- Principal member of the National Fire Protection Association Technical Committee on Chimneys, Fireplaces, Vents, and Solid Fuel Burning Appliances, 1983 to 2000. (NFPA 211 and 97M)
- Advanced Accident Investigation course at the Institute of Police Technology and Management (I.P.T.M.), University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Florida, November 7- 18, 1983.
- Selected State Fire Marshal's Annual Arson Seminars in Athens, Georgia. Engineering Refresher Courses at Georgia Tech: Fall of 1980 and Winter of 1984. FCC Marine Radio Operator Permit (by written test)
- Member - Boat Owners Association of the United States.
- Tire Forensics course at I.P.T.M., Jacksonville, Florida, February 6-10, 1989.
- Advanced Traffic Accident Reconstruction with the Use of Microcomputers, I.P.T.M., Jacksonville, Florida, January 7-11, 1991.
- Special Problems in Traffic Accident Reconstruction, I.P.T.M., Jacksonville, Florida, April 13-17, 1992.
- BH2VK Crash Testing Project, San Bernardino, California, August 12-14, 1992.
- Computerized Collision Diagramming, I.P.T.M., Jacksonville, Florida, December 5 - 9, 1994.
- Concept of Night Visibility for Traffic Accident Investigators, I.P.T.M., Jacksonville, Florida, May 1-3, 1995.
- Human Factors and Visibility Concepts Hampering Perception/Reaction Times, I.P.T.M., Jacksonville, Florida, April 18 - 20, 1996.
- The Inspection and Investigation of Commercial Vehicles in Accidents, I.P.T.M., Jacksonville, Florida, August 19-23, 1996.
- Allied Signal (Bendix) Advanced Air Brake School, Atlanta, Georgia, October 14 - 16, 1996.
- American Boat and Yacht Council Accident Investigation Seminar, Atlanta, Georgia, October 20 and 21, 1997.
- Investigation of Motorcycle Accidents, I.P.T.M., Jacksonville, Florida, August 3-7, 1998.
- Pedestrian/Bicycle Accident Investigation, I.P.T.M., Jacksonville, Florida, April 19-23, 1999.
- Advanced Crash Reconstruction and Collision Prediction (Simulation) with WinSMAC, I.P.T.M., Jacksonville, Florida, March 5-8, 2001.
- Crash Data Retrieval Toolkit User Certification, I.P.T.M., Jacksonville, Florida, February 6-8, 2002.
- Married, no children.
- Landmark Church, Norcross, Georgia—Member in good standing. Voluntary participa- tion includes sound system operations, computer hardware and software consulting, oil change
- ministry, and moving ministry.
- Gideons International—Memorial Bible Chairman, Gwinnett North Camp.
- Registrar, Georgia Mountains Camp Farthest Out, a non-denominational Christian camp which meets annually for one week near Toccoa, Georgia.