Expert No. 2013
He is an engineering consultant and corporate V.P. of structural design involving structural analysis and tower renovations for numerous companies in the broadcast and telecom industry. He has also worked with the wind turbine industry in engineering design, during which time he has developed tower and antenna structures projects which have involved research, design, manufacturing and erection.Education
BSME, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology; 1973
Special Studies, University of Evansville, 1986-1990:
Civil Engineering, "Structures IV"
Civil Engineering, "Computer Applied Stucture Design"
Mechanical Engineering "Finite Elements"
Civil Engineering "Geotechnical Engineering I"
Civil Engineering "Geotechnical Engineering II"Towers
- Tower structural analysis
- Wind Turbines
- Antenna Systems Design
- Specialty Rigging
- Cell phone towers
- Project research, design, manufacturing, erection
- Monopole, lattice and guy towers
- Loss prevention
- Special structures
- Manufacturing facilities
- Property insurance
- Industry standards
- Forensic engineering
- Tower erection systems
- Support structures
Registered Professional Engineer: Mechanical and Civil Engineering
Arizona, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin Professional Societies
American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
American Welding Society (AWS) PresentationsAvailable Upon RequestIndustry Professional Services
- TR14.7 Committee, Telecommunications Industry Association and Electronics Industry Association
- Write and approve the ANSI/TIA/EIA-222 Standard, the American National Standard for Steel Antenna Towers and Antenna Supporting Structures
- ANSI/TIA-1019, 2004 Gin Pole Standard Development, "Structural Standards for Steel Gin Poles Used for the Installation on Antenna Towers and Antenna Supporting Structures"
- Chairman of the technical section, responsible for creating a full construction standard entitled "Structural Standards for Installation, Alteration, and Maintenance of Communication Towers, Antennas, and Antenna Supporting Structures" (ANSI/TIA-1019"Draft")
- Experimental Investigation of Load Amplification Factors Due to Sudden Guy Rupture and Guy Slippage, University of Windsor, 2006.
- Use of Temporary Guys During Construction 5-16-2006 Bulletin, NATE,
- Testing of Reinforced Leg Members of Weld-Together Tower Sections, Electronics Research Inc. through University of Windsor, 2004.
- Testing of Bolted Circular Flange Connections Typically Used in Broadcast Tower Designs. Electronics Research Inc. through University of Windsor, 2003.
- Strength of Bolted Ring-Type Connections of Solid Round Leg Members of Guyed Communication Structures. Electronics Research Inc. through University of Windsor 2002.
- Effects of Residual Stresses on Column Strength of Solid Round Bars. TR 14.7 TIA committee, 2001.
- Analytical Research, Small Scale Testing and Full Scale Testing for Development of Overall Buckling Factors for Steel Gin Poles. 1999-2002.
- Effective Length Factors for Solid Round Diagonals in Guyed Communication Towers. University of Windsor, 1999.
- Effective Length Factors for Solid Round Chord (Leg) Members of Guyed Towers. University of Windsor, 1999.
- Indiana Structural Engineers Association Spring Conference, 2009
- Florida Engineer's Laws and Rules, 2009
- Wind Mitigation Methodology, Advanced Florida Building Code, Green Building Materials, and Toxic Mold Education Classes, 2009
- Hubbell Power Systems, Inc. Seminar "Helical Anchor& Foundation", 2008
- SSTC Seminar "Structural Welding for Broadcast Towers", 2006
- AISC Seminar "Design Steel Your Way With the 2005 AISC Specification", 2006
- AISC Seminar "Steel Design After College", 2005
- ASCE Seminar "Structural Vibration", 2004
- AISC Seminar "Basic Design for Stability" - Columns and Frames", 2003
- AISC Seminar "Fundamentals of Earthquake Engineering", 2002
- Crosby Communication System Seminar "Computer Tools for Rigging", 2002
- AWS Seminar "Weld Cracking: Causes and Cures Conference", 2001
- AISC Seminar "Hollow Structural Section Connections", 1998
- AISC Seminar "Bracing of Steel Structures Short Course", 1997
- SSTC Seminar "Structural Welding: Design and Specification", 1996
Owner, Engineering Consulting, tower fabrication, structural analysis and tower renovations with numerous companies in the broadcast and telecom tower industry and wind turbine industry:
Electronics Research, Inc. (ERI), Richland Towers, Clear Channel Communications, Citadel Broadcasting, Broadcast Connection Equipment Solutions, Broadcast Tower Technologies, Inc., Klein Broadcast Engineering LLC, Wind Tower Systems LLC, BMB Communications Management LLC, Crown Castle USA, American Tower, RF Services Inc., and others.
Electronics Research, Inc.
VP of Structural Division, through Consolidated Engineering
Analyze and assist in research, design, manufacturing and erection of tower and antenna structures
Factory Mutual Engineering Association (FMEA)
Resident Engineer, St. Louis District Office
Loss prevention and analysis for property insurance companies, large industry inspections, loss investigations, building and special protection system plans, forensic engineering, loss prevention.