Is prepared to opine and give expert witness testimony in the following topics
Board Certified Hospital Administration, Hospital, Healthcare, Surgical, Open Heart, Oncology Programs, Departments of Radiology, Departments of Cardiovascular, Clinical Research, Stem Cell Transplant, Surgical Services, Radiation Therapy, Clinical Research Program, Engineering, Security, Biomedical Engineering, EEG, Surgical Research Technician, Vascular Research Technician Purchasing Buyer,Outpatient Diagnostic Centers, Ambulatory Diagnostic Centers, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Outpatient Surgery Centers, Negligent Credentialing, Sentinel Events, Joint Commission, CMS Conditions Of Participation, Medicare Conditions of Participation, Hospital Corporate Negligence, Laboratory Results Reporting, Critical Values Reporting, Telemedicine, EMTALA, Hospital Administrator, Patient Assault, Patient Falls, Wrong Site Surgery, ASC Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Robotic Surgery, Davinci, Informed Consent, Patient Transfers, ADA Patient Translators, Timely C Sections Caesarian Sections, Laboratory Results Reporting, Imaging Results Reporting, Contract Services, Faulty Medical Devices, Defective Equipment,
Expert No. 3617
- 2016 Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative, University of Miami
- 2014 OHRP Human Subjects Assurance Training NIH
- 2002 Board Certified Hospital Safety Manager (CHSM)
- 2001 FAA Certified IFR Pilot
- 2000 Board Certified Hospital Administration (FACHE)
- 1996 Licensed General Contractor (Florida)
- 1984 MBA, University of Akron
- 1979 BS, Business Administration
- 1973 Akron City Hospital Surgical Technician and Perfusion Program (First Assistant and Perfusionist)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS PARTICIPATION (Current & Past):
- Habitat for Humanity, Lee County, Florida
- OP Surgery Center of Mt Dora
- Southern Cooperative Insurance Company (Grand Cayman Medical Malpractice)
- Kendall Christian School Board – Vice President and Treasurer
- Bayshore Medical Equipment Board Chairman
- Habitat for Humanity Board President (Miami, Leesburg)
- Mercy Credit Union Board Member and Treasurer
- Immanuel Presbyterian Church Board (deacon)
- LeeSar/Cooperative Services (Medical Supply Distribution)
- University of Miami Masters in Healthcare Administration advisory board
MEDICAL STAFF COMMITTEE PARTICIPATION
- Villages Hospital – Medical Executive Committee, Department of Surgery Committee, Credentials Committee
- Baptist Hospital Miami – Medical Executive Committee, Department of Surgery Committee, Credentials Committee, Ethics Committee, Institutional Review Board
- Mercy Hospital Miami – Credentials Committee, Department of Surgery Committee, Ethics Committee, Institutional Review Board
|2009 to present
|| Part time Hospital Administration Medical/Legal Consulting
|2005 to present
|| Living Hope Haiti Surgical Team coordinator, surgical tech and Director of field Engineering (Croix-des-Bouquets, Haiti)
|2009 to 2012
||CEO Villages Regional Hospital, Executive VP and Chief Operating Officer, Central Florida Health Alliance
|2008 to 2009
||Sr. VP of Clinical Services for Central Florida Health Alliance 550 Beds
||System administrative responsibilities for surgical services open heart program, oncology program, radiology and cardiovascular departments, the Mt Dora Joint Venture OP Surgery Center and the Leesburg Medical Center Freestanding Outpatient Surgery Center.
|2007 to 2008
||Sr. VP and Chief Administrative Officer Thompson Cancer Survival Centers Administrative responsibility for 5 free standing cancer centers and a Clinical research and Stem cell (bone marrow) transplant program.
|1999 to 2007
||Vice President of Clinical Services, Baptist Hospital of Miami, 800 Beds
Administrative responsibilities for the following areas:
|In-Patient and Out Patient Surgical Services
|Clinical Research Program
|Pediatric Surgery & Imaging
|MRI, CT & Diagnostic Imaging
Baptist Health (5 Hospital System) Responsibilities:
System Wide Cancer Program – Radiation & Chemotherapy Centers
System Wide Responsibility for advanced Surgical Techniques and Equipment
1994 to 1999 Vice President of Clinical Services, Mercy Hospital, 550 Beds
Administrative responsibility for the following areas:
|Tri-County Reference Laboratory
|Clinical and Pathology Laboratories
||Pharmacy (Inpatient and Retail)
|Department of Radiology
||Hyperbaric Medicine Program
||Sleep Disorder Center
||Pulmonary Function Lab
- Also responsible for the same diagnostic areas in a freestanding outpatient center with 65,000 visits per year.
1991 to 1993 Vice President of Support Services, Mercy Hospital.
Responsibilities included Administrative oversight in the following areas:
Clinical Laboratory and Pathology, Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, CAT Scan, M.R.I., Central Services, Echo, EKG, EEG, Sleep Disorder Center, Cardiovascular Lab, Inpatient Psychiatry, Dietary, Materials Management/Purchasing, Pharmacy (inpatient and outpatient) Plant Operations/Engineering and Construction.
1988 to 1991 Administrative Director of Support Services, Mercy Hospital.
Areas of responsibility included Dietary, Security, Housekeeping, Linen and Laundry, Snack Shop, Patient Transportation, and Materials Management.
1985 to 1988 Director of Materials Management, Mercy Hospital. Areas of responsibility included Purchasing, Mailroom, Print Shop, Central Service, Inventory Control and Patient Escort.
1983 to 1985 Assistant Director of Materials Management, Akron City Hospital. A 600 bed Acute Care Surgical and Teaching hospital affiliated with Ohio State University and the Northeast Ohio Universities School of Medicine. Member of the Board of Directors and the Akron Area Hospital Purchasing Council. Negotiated contracts for the 28 member hospitals.
1981 to 1983 Director of Purchasing, Akron City Hospital
1980 to 1981 Assistant Director of Purchasing, Akron City Hospital
1979 to 1980 Purchasing Buyer, Akron City Hospital
1972 to 1979 Surgical and Vascular Research Technician, Akron City Hospital. Duties included first assisting surgeons (Surgical PA) during surgery and providing direct patient care during the immediate pre and postoperative periods. Participated in vascular, anti-coagulant and blood replacement research in the canine environment. Trained in the field of Autotransfusion, Kidney and Open Heart perfusion.
- Implemented the Cardiovascular Co-Management Company at Central Florida Health Alliance.
- Implemented the Minimally Invasive Aortic Valve Program (TAVI) at Leesburg Regional Medical Center.
- Implemented the following services at The Villages Hospital: Neuro Surgery, Total Joint Surgery, Ortho and Neuro Spine Surgery, Endo Vascular Surgery Program, Uro Gynecology.
- Obtained Stroke Certification at The Villages Hospital.
- Constructed 25 inpatient beds at The Villages Hospital.
- Constructed a 20,000 sq ft Cancer Center in The Villages.
- Constructed a 15,000 sq ft Cancer Center in Knoxville, TN.
- Expanded the Miami cardiac cath lab from single room at 900 procedures per year to a three-room program performing in excess of 3500 procedures per year including EPS and all interventional modalities.
- Expanded the Miami Cardiac Surgery Program from 150 open hearts per year to over 400 in 1999.
Construction project management:
- 650 car parking garage 1995
- Bio-hazardous waste incinerator and energy co-generation plant 1993-1994
- Three story medical procedure building housing a 12 person hyperbaric chamber, and a 3-room cardiac catheterization department 1993- 1994
- 10,000 sq. ft inpatient Rehabilitation department 1989
- Over 600 single family homes with Habitat for Humanity 1989-2008
- Implemented several clinical systems from SMS/HBO, Baptist Miami 2005 - 2009
- Implemented Cerner, a clinical information system for Laboratory, Radiology, and Pharmacy for results and order entry 1995-1996
- Implemented a mainframe Materials Management Accounts Payable computer system including bar coding 1990.
- Assisted in the formation and furnishing of a 24-hour day care center with a 600 child capacity at Akron City hospital 1983.
- Conducted canine research in blood replacement technology in the field of Autotransfusion and anti-coagulants 1975-1977.
- First kidney recovery/perfusion specialist in Northeast Ohio on the Akron City Hospital Kidney Transplant Team 1976-1978
- Member of one of the first level one trauma teams east of the Mississippi at Akron City Hospital 1975 – 1978
- Member of The Akron City Open Heart Team 1975 to 1978