Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Accident Reconstruction, Commerical 18 Wheeler, Private Vehicle Accident Reconstruction, Bicycle-Pedestrian Accident Reconstruction, Product Liability, Forklift Accident Reconstruction, Accident Site Measurement, Metal Fatigue Analysis, Biomechanical Analysis, Machine Tool Analysis, Aircraft Structural Analysis, Design
- Accident Reconstruction: Commercial (18 Wheeler) and private vehicle accident reconstruction
- Bicycle-Pedestrian Accident Reconstruction
- Product Liability
- Forklift Accident Reconstruction
- Accident Site Measurement
- Metal Fatigue Analysis
- Biomechanical Analysis
- Machine Tool Analysis
- Aircraft Structural analysis and Design
- Accident Reconstructionist Expert Witness March 2015- Present
- Holloman Engineering and Consulting, Houston, TX., Jan. 2014-Present
Engineering Consultant: Tractor-trailer accident reconstruction; mechanical product liability analysis.
- Bombardier Aerospace, Toronto, Canada, Jan. 2013 – Nov. 2013
Contract Stress Analyst: Performed structural analysis of business aircraft.
- U.S. Army Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL. Jan. 2009 – Aug. 2012 Contract Stress Analyst: Performed structural analysis of helicopters
- Volt Technical Services Seattle, WA. Aug. 2007-Aug. 2008
Contract Stress Analyst: Performed structural analysis of the Boeing 747 aircraft.
- Aerotek Corp. Houston, TX. Sept. 2006-May 2007
Contract Stress Analyst: Performed aircraft and spacecraft structural analysis
- Aerostructures Contract Engineers, Grand Prairie, TX. May 2006-Sept. 2006
Contract Stress Analyst: Performed aircraft structural analysis of the Boeing 787 aircraft.
- Wyatt & Associates, Wichita, KS. Sept. 2004-April 2006
Contract Stress Analyst: Performed aircraft structural analysis of the Boeing 737-900 aircraft.
- Asgard Avionics Group, Arlington, TX. Oct. 2003-July 2004
Contract Stress Analyst: Performed aircraft structural analysis of the F-35 fighter aircraft.
- Holloman Engineering and Consulting, Sugar Land, TX. Jan. 2002-Oct. 2003
Engineering Consultant: Performed accident reconstruction including accident site investigations, preparation of accident site drawings, & time-distance & speed analysis. Performed fatigue analysis of commercial vehicle beam structures; Performed roof structural analysis of box trailer. Prepared corresponding technical reports.
- ATA Associates, Houston, TX. Sep 2001-Jan. 2002
Staff Engineer: Led accident reconstruction teams & performed accident analysis; Performed trajectory analysis. Prepared corresponding technical reports.
- System Engineering and Laboratories Sep 1997-Sep 2001
Forensic engineer: Performed accident reconstruction including accident site investigations, preparation of accident site drawings, & time-distance & speed analysis. Prepared corresponding technical reports.
- Billy Cox & Associates May 1995- Aug. 1997
Vice-President of Engineering Services: Supervised failure analysis engineers & accident reconstruction specialists; Prepared corresponding technical reports; Performed accident reconstruction, vehicle instrumentation & testing.
- McDonnell-Douglas Aerospace Corp. Houston, TX, Aug. 1988-Jan. 1994
Technical Specialist: Analyzed software specifications and defined requirements for a SSRMS simulator.
- NASA-Johnson Space Center Houston, TX, Aug. 1980 – Aug. 1988
Aerospace Engineer: Performed Space Shuttle and Space Station navigation systems analysis;
- Hughes Aircraft Co. Denver, CO. Jan. 1979 – Aug. 1980
Member of Technical Staff: Data analysis for real-time spacecraft operations;
- Martin-Marietta Corp. Denver, CO. Jan. 1977 – Jan. 1979
Aerospace Engineer: Performed design of spacecraft structures
Led test team in tests of automobile collisions and brakes
Bus brake testing
Machine accuracy and specification compliance testing for Mitsubishi Industries.
- Graduate study in Mechanical Engineering, Rice University, Houston, TX. (1991-1995)
- Master of Science, Physical Science (1984) University of Houston-Clear Lake City, TX.
- Bachelor of Science, Aerospace engineering (1976) University of Missouri, Rolla, MO.
- US DOT CMV Inspection and Crash Investigation Course. Transportation Safety Institute, Oklahoma City, OK., August 14-18, 2017.
- Commercial Vehicle Accident Reconstruction I, Arkansas State University;
- Commercial Vehicle Accident Reconstruction II, Texas A & M Engineering Extension (TEEX), College Station, TX.
- Pedestrian/Bicyclist Collision Reconstruction, TEEX.
- OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) Forklift Operation and Safety Course, Houston, TX.
- OSHA Compliance Training, Houston, TX.
- Safety and Health Standards for General Industry, OSHA Training Institute, TEEX.
- Small Power Watercraft Damage and Claim Evaluation, First Marine Insurance, Houston, TX.
- Biomechanics, TEEX.
- Low Speed Crash Analysis and Advanced Accident Reconstruction, TEEX.
- Brake Systems Analysis, Harris County Community College, Houston, TX.
- Diesel Engine Fundamentals & Heat Exchangers – Continuing Education Units.
Adjunct Faculty member at the San Jacinto Community College, University of Houston-Downtown & Clear Lake City, 1986-1990; Rice University, 1994-1995
Taught courses in Physics, Astronomy, Orbital mechanics, Matlab, Introduction to Data Processing & FORTRAN.
Registered Professional Engineer, State of Texas
SOCIETIES & MEMBERSHIPS / ORGANIZATIONS:
National Society of Professional Engineers
Texas Society of Professional Engineers – Houston Chapter.
REFERENCES AND TESTIMONY EXPERIENCE:
References, trial and deposition testimony experience available upon request.
On my personal time, I enjoy taking unmanned aerial vehicles classes, fly my UAV, write, and spend with my wife.