Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Accident Reconstruction, Mechanical Failure Analysis, Crash 3, Motorcycle, Bicycle, Pedestrian, Tire Failure Analysis, Lamp Analysis, Human Factors, Cause Analysis, Seat Belts, Collision Avoidance, Vehicle Black Box, Event Data Recorders, Forensic Mechanic, Failure Analysis, Collision Reconstruction Technology, Pedestrian Bicycle Crashes, Work Zone Traffic Safety, Tire Forensics, Event Data Recorders, Accident, Traffic Safety,
Expert No. 2131
Expert 2089 is a certified and experienced traffic accident reconstructionist. He has over thirty years of experience in vehicle and traffic safety, research, design and training. He has provided training to accident investigators and engineers, and spoken on topics including Collision Reconstruction Technology, Pedestrian & Bicycle Crashes, Work Zone Traffic safety, Tire forensics, and Event Data Recorders. He is a PhD of Industrial Safety Engineering from Texas A&M, and holds a masters in Industrial Education. Expert 2089 has been an advisor to the US Department of Transportation and the Department of Education, and has received multiple awards for his work in traffic safety.
- Ph.D. / Industrial Safety Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1979
- M.A. / Industrial Education, East Carolina University, 1971
- B.S. / Industrial Technology, Salem College, 1970
- Mechanical failure analysis
- Crash 3
- Tire failure analysis
- Lamp analysis
- Human factors
- Cause analysis
- Seat belts
- Collision avoidance
- Vehicle black box
- Event data recorders
- Forensic mechanic
- Failure analysis
“Traffic Accident Reconstructionist”, The Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction, ACTAR
Transportation Data Programs
Available Upon Request
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- SAE Sections Board, 1997-2000.
- Chairman, South Florida Section, 1995-1996.
- Accident Investigation & Reconstruction Practices Technical Standards Committee
- Canadian Association of Technical Accident Investigators and Reconstructionists Board of Directors
- National Association of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialists
- Society Of Accident Reconstructionists
- South Florida Forensic Association
- International Tire and Rubber Association
- North American Council of Automotive Teachers
- Marine Industries Association of South Florida
- American Trucking Association
- Florida Trucking Association – Safety Committee
- National Safety Council
- International Association of Marine Investigators
- Service Technicians Society
Honors / Achievements
- U.S. Dept. of Transportation, Advisor “Multimodal Transportation Strategies: A Millennium
- Plan for Aging Baby Boomers and Older Adults” 1999.
- Education Distinguished Service Award 1998, Traffic Safety Comm. of the Palm Beaches.
- Safe Communities, Boca Raton Steering Committee. USDOT, FAU, & WHO.
- Who’s Who Of Outstanding Americans, 1995-1996.
- Society of Automotive Engineers, “Section Officers Leadership Seminar”, 1994.
- Who’s Who In Leading American Business Executives, 1992-1993.
- Who’s Who In Leading American Business Executives, 1990.
- “Entrepreneur of the Year”- Nominated by: Inc. Magazine, Merrill Lynch, Ernst & Young, and Ocean
- Information Systems, Inc., 1990.
- Who’s Who of American Inventors, 1990.
- U.S. Dept. of Education, Advisor, High-Technology Training Programs, 1989.
- Industry-Educational Advisor to “Autotronics Technology” State of Florida Pilot Program
- administered by the University of North Florida (1988-89-90).
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation, Inc. Advisor, 1988.
- Vocational Education Advisory Council Member. Dade County, FL, 1989-90.
- Automotive Hall of Fame – Inducted 1987.
- ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician / Master Body – Paint Technician / Master Heavy Duty
- Truck Technician.
- “World Class Technician” awarded jointly by ASE and ASIA.
- U.S. Patent No. 4,690,475 for: Computer Harness Adaptive Tester, 1986.
- U.S. Patent No. 4,402,306 for: Thermal Energy Storage Method and Process, 1983.
- Outstanding Young Men of America, 1982.
- Design News Engineering Excellence Award, 1981.
- United States Army, Honorable Discharge, 1971.
- Eagle Scout, 1965.
Business and Community Activities
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Texas A&M University Alumni Association
- National Association of Corporate Directors
- National Eagle Scout Association
Publications since 1995
Available Upon Request
Lectures / Academic Programs since 1995
Available Upon Request
A Company, Overland Park, KS
Consulting for vehicle event data recorders, accident reconstruction, product liability, forensic mechanics, solar and alternative energy.
Forensic Accident Investigations, Inc., Boca Raton, FL.
Accident reconstruction and vehicle product liability analysis for insurance companies, attorneys, and corporations.
Diagnostic Products Company, Homestead, FL.
Automotive education service equipment and curriculum. Design, production,
sales and marketing for diagnostic service tools and training systems.
General Motors Corporation, Houston, TX.
Staff Instructor, Product Service Training
Train GM car division personnel and dealership technicians on: fuel, ignition,
mechanical, electronic & safety systems. Develop statistical analysis procedures
for evaluation of GM training programs.
Alief, Houston, TX.
Department Chairman, Instructor
Chairman for industrial & vocational education programs. Taught automobile systems, small engines, bicycle systems, and drafting.
American Solar Energy Corporation, Arlington, VA.
Patent thermal energy storage method and process to capture & store solar
thermal power to heat & cool homes and provide electrical power. Design and
construct experimental vehicle incorporating TESMP system.
Auto Locators, Inc., Bryan, TX. Honda dealership.
Texas Transportation Institute, College Station, TX.
High Performance Driving School. Taught police advanced vehicle handling.
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX.
Arlington & Fairfax County, VA.
Rosenthal Chevrolet, Arlington, VA.