Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Acupuncture, Pain Management, Chronic Pain Management, Worker’s Compensation, Personal Injury, Acupuncture Treatment Appropriateness, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Chinese Herbs, Craniosacral Therapy
- Licensed Acupuncturist in California: license
- NCCAOM Certified in Oriental Medicine
- Diplomate of the Board of Acupuncture Orthopedics
- Qualified Medical Evaluator in the California Worker’s Compensation system
- Subject Matter Expert for the California Acupuncture Board and Department of Consumer Affairs, involved in all aspects of exam development for the California licensing examination
- Certified Kripalu Yoga Teacher
- Advanced training in Functional Nutrition
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (retired 1995)
Balboa Park Holistic Wellness Center
Clinical private practice as a business owner and licensed acupuncturist. General practice focuses on cancer treatment support, women’s health, orthopedic issues, sports injuries, work related injuries, autoimmune disorder management, and graceful aging.
Clinical Skills include:
- Manual therapies including tui na, craniosacral therapy, acupressure
- Therapeutic exercise instruction
- Nutrition counseling
- Chinese herb and vitamin/mineral supplementation
- Patient education
- Coordination of care with other healthcare providers
- Provision of on-site clinical services including acupuncture and massage for corporate wellness programs
- Medical-legal evaluation in California Worker’s Compensation including preparation of detailed, evidence-based reports
Previous work history
Wellness Solutions: Provided on-site massage therapy to employees of Hewlett Packard and Biogen Idec.
Parker Hannifin: Provided on-site acupuncture services to employees as part of a worker’s compensation prevention program.
Quality Rehabilitation Resources: Provided vocational case management services to injured workers to facilitate prompt return to work.
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Resources: Provided vocational case management and medical case management services to injured workers to facilitate timely return to work.
- Pacific College of Oriental Medicine: MSTOM 12/1999
- State University of NY at Albany: BA Psychology 12/1985, MS Rehabilitation Counseling 08/1987
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center: Completed course in Oncology Acupuncture
- Toastmasters International: Achieved level of Advanced Communicator Bronze and Advanced Leader Bronze, and served as club secretary and president
- ICEAM: Completed 5 course sequence in Classical Chinese Medicine via the Jin Gui Xiao Luo
- Apex Energetics: Completed 4 courses in Functional nutrition, endocrinology, laboratory interpretation, and treatment of thyroid disorders
- Lerner Education: Completed 12 month program (300 hours) in Acupuncture Orthopedics
- Upledger Institute: Completed 4 courses in Craniosacral Therapy
- Society for Integrative Oncology
- American Acupuncture Council