Provides Testimony In
Participant Atheletic Events, Fesitvals, Music Events, Special Event, Event Director, Triathlon, Bicycle Event, Bicycle Race, Special Event Producer, Special Event Promoter, Bicycle, Duathlon, Public Events,
U.C. Santa Cruz – Highest Honors in Political Theory – B.A (1975)
U.C. Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall) – J.D. (1978)
Special event creation, management, and marketing; course design; event team building; instructional manuals; expository and creative writing; competent in PC computing; law.
A PRIVATE COMPANY San Diego, CA (2/93-Present)
President of event management and consultation business. Clients and projects as follows:
- Bike The Coast – Oceanside (2010-present)
- Gran Fondo Colnago – San Diego (2009-2011)
- Operations Director for 2000+ person San Diego stop on national bicycle tour.
- Rose Hall Triathlon, Montego Bay, Jamaica (2008 – Present)
- Co-founder and consultant for Jamaica’s most spectacular and first professional triathlon
- Jake’s at Treasure Beach/BREDS, Treasure Beach, Jamaica
- Event and Marketing advisor to community-based charitable triathlon.
- Jake’s Jamaican Off-Road Triathlon (2002-Present)
- Encinitas Sports and Fitness Festival, Encinitas, CA (2006-Present)
- Encinitas Sprint Triathlon
- Encinitas 5K
- Encinitas Sports Festival and Expo
- San Diego Century Bicycle Tour
Team Championships Incorporated, Denver, CO (2003-2007)
- Consult with world’s largest participatory sports business (150,000 participants in Hoop It Up; Kick It! & Let It Fly!) on commercial venue design and local marketing issues.
- Lynne Cohen Foundation, Los Angeles, CA (2005)
- Produce charity running events for ovarian cancer charity in NYC and LA.
- Reebok Women’s Triathlon Series (2003-5).
- Partner with CAPRI Events and Series Administrator in 12-city triathlon event series for women.
Capri Events, Chicago, IL (1996-2003)
- Chicago Triathlon, Chicago, IL (1996 – present)
- Consulted with the world’s largest triathlon (co-founded in 1982) on event, media, course and sponsorship issues
Elite Racing, Inc. San Diego, CA (2004)
- Consulted on course layout of future running events.
Jamaica Tourist Board, Kingston, Jamaica, (1994-2002)
- Designed and produced special event industry continuing education conferences, tourist promotions and athletic events highlighting Jamaica’s prominent cultural position.
Caribbean Sports and Special Events Conference – Kingston, Jamaica, 1994 &1995
James Bond Jamaica Festival – Ocho Rios, Jamaica, 1996
- Jamdammers Running Club, Kingston, Jamaica (Present)
- Consult with the premier running club in Jamaica on the creation, marketing and operation of Jamaica’s only international Marathon.
Reggae Marathon, Negril, Jamaica (2001-2002)
SWATInc., Del Mar, CA (1999-Present)
- Event consultant to a marketing and promotions agency representing several International and San Diego-based product and service businesses.
FitnessAge, Inc., La Jolla, CA (2000)
- Designed national web-based fitness promotions; consulted on national sponsorship/tour issues for a web-based fitness industry start-up.
Transact Art, Inc., San Diego, CA (8/00-2/01)
- Worked as one of three-member founding team to establish financial and transactional service company in the Fine Arts sector.
New York Road Runners Club, NY (2000)
- Managed four cities of the 13-city tour for TOMMY HILFIGER FRAGRANCES, concentrating on public relations, on-site merchandising and promotions.
Tommy’s american running series 2000 Tour (July 4, 2000)
Quintana Roo, Inc., San Marcos, CA (1/97-10/99)
- Executive producer for 20-city triathlon tour. Negotiated, and managed local producers, designed and produced sets, set-up and managed transfers, co-designed and executed marketing plans, oversaw on-site production.
Bally Total Fitness U.S. Triathlon Series – Twenty Cities <1997-1999>
QR Multi-Sport Event Directors Conference – San Diego <1998 & 1999>
- Designed, booked and produced triathlon event director conference.
IWERKS, Inc., Irvine, CA, (2/94-11/96)
- Negotiated fees and exposure, oversaw placements & client liaison, booked six truck entertainment attraction into fairs and festivals around the U.S., AT&T- Virtually There- Simulation Tour – 150 venues, 25 states
CAT Sports, Inc., Carlsbad, CA (1982-1993)
- Co-Founder and Sr. Vice President of CAT Sports; served as head of event production and member of Executive Committee with operations, marketing, promotion and sponsorship duties. Designed and produced the following events:
BUD LIGHT US Triathlon Series – 125 Events, 18 States, 125,000+ Participants (1982 – 1993).
- First nationwide triathlon event series, first to give equal prize money to M & W, created Olympic distance in triathlon, wave starts and bike racks
Bahamas Diamond Triathlon of the Stars – Bahamas – (1984)
The Japan Triathlon Series – Ten Cities, 35 events (1984 – 1989) <Active>
IRONKIDS Triathlon Series – Six U.S. Cities (1987) <Active>
America’s Paradise Triathlon – St. Croix U.S.V.I. – (1988) <Active>
MICHELOB Night Riders – Six U.S. Cities (1988)
NFL Quarterback Challenge – Kauai, Orlando (1988 – 1993) <Active>
SEAGRAM’S Golden Quarterback Challenge – Kauai (1990 – 1992)
Triathlon World Championships – Walt Disney World (1990)
ABC Wide World of Sports’ SUMMER SKATE – Universal Studios (1991 – 1993)
- International Events Group – IEG Sponsorship Conference – Chicago (1992-1996)
- Caribbean Sports and Special Events Conference – Kingston, Jamaica (1994-1995)
- Barbados Sponsorship Conference (1995)
- QR Multi-Sport Event Directors Conference – San Diego (1998 & 1999)
- Guest Lecturer in Event Marketing – SDSU 2005; CSUDH 2006-2009
- Co-founder Triathlon Federation USA – (1982); Board member/VP (1982 – 1988)
- Wrote original triathlon safety rules and procedures. Headed event sub-committee.
- Co-founder & VP, International Triathlon Union (1986 – 1987)
- Member, “Volunteers in Parole” Attorney/Youth Parolee Program (1982 – 1986)
- Founded Encinitas, CA – Hondo, Japan “Sister City Program (1988)
- Board member, Chairperson, Encinitas Parks and Recreation Commission (1988 -1990)
- Board member, Torrey Pines Community Planning Group (1995-1996)
- Executive Committee & Producer – Heart Failure Awareness Week (2000 – 2002)
- Co-Producer – Spin De Cove – The Spin For Challenged Athletes – for Challenged Athletes Foundation, La Jolla (2002-2005). Helped spin event increase donation revenue from $7500 in 2002 to $160,000 in 2005.
- Creator – Team Vector – Fundraising vehicle for Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation. Raised over $150,000 in 12 Reebok Women – Triathlon
- Series events. (2003-2005)
Advisor/Committee Member – Canyon Crest Academy Foundation (2004-2005)
PUBLICATIONS: Available Upon Request
- Outstanding Contributions – U.S. Triathlon Federation (1984, 1985)
- 100th Event – Anheuser-Busch – (1990)
- Community Service Award – City of Encinitas (1991)
- Special Commendation – City of San Diego (1996)
- Inducted into Triathlete Magazine – Hall of Fame – (2000)
- Assoc. Event Director, U.S. Olympic Trials – Dallas (2000)
- Hondo City 50th Anniversary/Hondo-Encinitas Sister City – Honoree – Hondo, Japan (2004)
- Inducted into USA Triathlon Federation – Hall of Fame – (2010)
Presenter for Dave McGillivray, USA Triathlon Hall of Fame Induction – (2011)
REPRESENTATIVE PAST CLIENTS
- ABC Sports
- American Airlines
- AVIA Shoes
- Bally Total Fitness
- Gran Fondo USA
- Jamaica Tourist Board
- Las Vegas C&VB
- Lynne Cohen Foundation
- New York Road Runners Club
- NBC Sports
- Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation
- Pacific Athletic Club
- Reebok International, Ltd.
- Tommy Hilfiger
Speak with this Expert for freeRequest This Expert