Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Certified Public Accountant, Real Estate, Business, Valuations, Financial Analyst, Controller, Business Valuator, CPA, ABV,
Expert Witness No.355
Expert in the areas of business sales and transactions, as well as business valuations. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and holds the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ (AICPA) Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV). Expert also holds a valid and active California Department of Real Estate Salespersons license.
Expert is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), holds the AICPA’s Accredited Business Valuator (ABV) designation, and is a licensed California Real Estate Salesperson with 14 years of experience selling, acquiring, merging, appraising and consulting small businesses. Expert received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting from the University of San Diego (USD). He is the managing director of Consulting firm Business Valuations as well as the Director of Sales for a private group. He has personally sold over 100 businesses and been involved in over 300 transactions, formally appraised over 100 businesses and calculated value estimates of over 1,000 businesses, and consulted with parties on lease negotiations, corporate structure, partnership agreements as well as other advisory services. Fluent in Spanish, Expert also provided integral services to the Latino community.
In 1997 Expert launched his own Consulting in San Diego, California. Consulting firm specialized in providing small and mid-size businesses with accounting, tax, valuation and consulting services related to growth strategies, tax planning, and the implementation of cost management and efficiency programs. Early in the company’s inception, Consulting firm managed the investment and financial divisions for some of most successful restaurants and nightclubs in San Diego’s Gaslamp district, including the Side Bar, Stingaree and Confidential Restaurant and Loft. The accounting systems that Expert created and implemented are still used by the Gaslamp’s top restaurants and nightclubs.
Expert began his career working for Howard Publications where he was regularly promoted until he became the firm’s assistant controller. In this role managed the financial reporting for 18 newspapers, 4 domestic natural gas trading divisions, and an eastern European natural gas exploration division. During this time he also coordinated the acquisition of a $25 million publishing subsidiary in Washington, led the forensic investigation of a $1.2 billion natural gas trading operation, and consulted on various natural gas trading, transportation and exploration engagements in the U.S., Canada, Ukraine and Azerbaijan. Upon Howard Publications sale, Expert joined National Retail Partners where he managed a $400 million commercial property portfolio for California Public Employment Retirement System – the largest public pension fund in the U.S. (CalPERS).
- Private Company – Director of Sales 2003 – Present
- Consulting firm– Managing Director 1997 – Present
- Household Auto Finance – Sr. Financial Analyst 2002 – 2003
- National Retail Partners – Sr. Property Analyst 2001
- Howard Publications – Assistant Controller 1995 – 2001
- Accredited Business Valuator (ABV) – May 2011
- California Certified Public Accountant – November 2003
- California Real Estate Salesperson – June 2004
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
University of San Diego – Bachelor of Arts Accountancy 1995
EXPERT WITNESS TESTIMONY
- Designated for court testimony in March 2017 to provide consultation and testimony related to the valuation of a catering business as well estimate potential damages due plantiff.
- Provided expert court testimony in May 2016 on general practice related to the purchase and sale of a business and the intermediary’s role related to their representation agreement.
- Designated for court testimony in January 2015 to provide expert testimony on general customs and practices of a business broker/intermediary’s role in the sale of a company.
- Designated for court testimony in January 2014 to provide expert testimony on the estimated value of a vending route company.
- Designated for court testimony in October 2012 as to the value of a restaurant as of the date of disassociation in a partnership dispute.
- Designated for court testimony in October 2011 as to the value of a music recording studio and state of credit markets for small businesses in the Los Angeles area.
- Deposition testimony in March 2011 as to general practices followed in a purchase and sale transaction.