Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Registered Nurse, Anesthetist, N95 Respirator Mask, Istat, Glucometer, Teaching, New Equipment Testing, Laboratory Testing Equipment, Level II Trauma Center, Operating Room Nurse, Scrub Nurse, Circulating Nurse, Orthopedics, ICU, Medical Conditions, Neurosurgical Conditions, Cardiac Conditions, Surgical Conditions, Ventilators, Camino Monitoring Systems, Hewlett Packard Monitors, A Lines, Balloon Pumps, Swanz Gantze Catheters, Bedside Procedures, Endoscopy, Bronchoscopy, Intubation, Shock Trauma Center, DCANA, AANA, CPR, ACLS, Anesthesia, CRNA, Positioning Injuries, Labor Epidurals, Regional Anesthesia, General Anesthesia, Surgical Awareness, Sedation, Aspiration, Airway Management,
EXPERT WITNESS NO. 366
January, 2005 – Current
Private Health Care Facility
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
- Charge CRNA - responsible for coordinating the schedule with the operating room staff and making CRNA assignments
- Education and Equipment Coordinator - Create and present educational materials to the anesthesia department. Work with materials management, the anesthesia staff and the chief CRNA to trial new equipment, resolve issues with supplies and cost cutting opportunities.
- Coordinate the completion of orientation and compliance paperwork within the anesthesia department.
- Ensure training is up to date and complete for on site laboratory equipment, including the ISTAT and glucometer.
- Perform general, regional and conscious sedation anesthesia in a large community hospital including anesthesia for cardiac, thoracic, neurosurgery, and obstetrics.
- Trainer for N95 respirator mask and trainer for ISTAT and glucometer on site laboratory testing equipment.
October, 2000 – July, 2002
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Worked in Level II trauma Center as an operating room nurse.
- Performed the duties of a scrub and circulating nurse with an emphasis in orthopedics.
February, 1999 - February, 2003
Prince George Hospital Center
Registered Nurse Full Time and Float Pool
- Nurse for patients in ICU of Level II Trauma Center with varied types of medical, neurosurgical, cardiac, cardiac and surgical conditions. Duties included monitoring and caring for patients with multiple types of ventilators, camino monitoring systems, Hewlett Packard monitors, A-lines, balloon pumps, and Swanz Gantze catheters. Assisted with bedside procedures including endoscopy, bronchoscopy and intubation.
July, 1998 - February 1999
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
- Registered Nurse – Provided nursing care in a rehabilitation hospital to a population that included people with spinal cord injuries, orthopedic surgeries, amputations, brain injuries and strokes.
- Performed nursing duties such as foley changes, medication administration and dressing changes. Aided clients with activities of daily living, transferring to wheelchairs and activites of daily living.
Master of Science in Nursing
- Participated in clinical experience in Washington D.C. area hospitals including Baltimore Shock Trauma Center, Mary Washington Hospital, Washington Hospital Center, ANOVA Fairfax Hospital and VA Hospital of Washington D.C.
- Completed Research Project and presented to the DCANA.
- Published article on Student Journal of Nurse Anesthesia Research Project in AANA Journal.
Thomas Jefferson University
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Cumulative Grade Point Average 3.27
- CHP member, Univeristy Commons Board
- Elected to Sigma Theta Toa - Delta Roe Chapter.
Bachelor of Arts
- Majored in Geology with a Concentration in Environmental Studies
CERTFICIATIONS AND LICENSES
- Registered Nurse, Pennsylvania in 1998
- Registered Nurse, Maryland in 1999
- Registered Nurse, Virginia in 2002
- Registered Nurse, Practitioner Virginia in 2005
- Certified Nurse Anesthetist, expires July 2015
- CPR, expires March 2015
- ACLS, expires December 2016