Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Cosmetic, Cosmetology, Beauty, Personal Care Industry, Salon Products, Salon Products Testing, Salon Products Safety, Beauty Salon, Skin Care, Pedicure, Manicure, Artificial Nail, Artificial Nail Products, Artificial Nail Procedures, Cosmetic Labeling, Cosmetic Warnings, Cosmetic Regulations, Beauty Industry, Fingernails, Cuticle, Hair, Natural Nail, MMA, Nail Technician, Nail Salon, Wraps, Gel Nails, UV Gels, Acrylics, Nail Infection, Nail Fungus, Nail Cosmetics, Nail Glue, Nail Polish, Beauty Products, Cosmetics, Salon Practices, Salon Regulations, Cosmetic Regulations, Personal Care Products Regulations, NGO, Controversial Ingredients, MSDS,
Synopsis of Expertise
Expert is considered a leading technical, regulatory and scientific expert in the beauty, cosmetic and personal care industry. For 20 years he managed a world-class research and development laboratory and is now a highly respected scientific, technical and regulatory consultant. Expert often provides expert testimony before courts, as well as, domestic and international regulatory bodies and panels. His expertise in the salon/cosmetic/personal care industry is broad and includes on all aspects of professional beauty salons and services; research and product development related to hair, nail and skin care, cosmetology, pedicure, manicure and artificial nail products/procedures, cosmetic personal/care product development, quality, labeling, warnings, regulations, as well as proper handling and safe use. Expert is a world-renowned scientist, author and educator for the professional salon industry specializing in risk identification/communication and injury prevention.
Expert often works as an industry liaison to NGO groups, associations and government organizations and specializes in US and Canadian cosmetic product regulations and ingredient issues. Besides his considerable chemical and scientific expertise, he is also knowledgeable in the fields of toxicology, polymer science, material science and testing.
Beauty Industry Related Job Experience
- Master of Science Degree in Chemistry, University of California-Irvine (1982-84). President, Expert Scientific + Regulatory Consulting, LLC (2007- present)
- Chief Scientific Adviser- Creative Nail Design, Inc (2007-2014)
- V.P., Science & Technology and Board Member- Creative Nail Design, Inc. (1988- 2007).
- Co-Chair, Nail Manufacturer’s Council/Professional Beauty Association (2003- present) Executive Director and Founder of Chemical Awareness Training Service (1986-92).
- Consulting Chemist for the American Beauty Association (1987-2003). American Beauty Association, Safety and Standards Co-Chair (1999-2003)
- Author of several salon safety and chemistry books for hair and nail professionals. Contributing author to several editions of Milady Cosmetology Standard text book. Contributing author to several editions of
- Milady Nail Technology Standard text book. Author of many informational/best practices brochures for beauty professionals Author of audiocassette and video safety training programs for beauty salons.
- Works with State, Federal and International regulators to develop beauty industry related standards and regulations.
- Experienced working with Canada, Australia, EU, and Japanese cosmetic regulatory agencies and many domestic and international trade associations.
- Over thirty years experience as a researcher, lecturer, author and educator.
- World renowned expert; considered a leading scientist in the field with extensive expertise in product development, ingredient safety of professional salon and retail products.
1984 University of California- Irvine, CA. Master’s degree/Chemistry
1982 California State University- Long Beach, CA. Bachelor’s degree/Chemistry
1974 Medical Laboratory Technician Training, U.S. Army, Fort Sam Houston, TX
As well as, many years of additional advanced education classes in; toxicology, anatomy, physiology, polymer chemistry, cosmetic chemistry and material science, critical thinking, etc.
Expert Scientific + Regulatory Consulting ,LLC, Dana Point, CA.
- Title: President (7/07 to present)
Creative Nail Design, Inc. Vista, CA.
- Title: Chief Scientific Advisor (6/07 to 2014)
Creative Nail Design, Inc., Vista, CA.
- Title: V.P of Science and Technology (12/88 to 6/07)
Chemical Awareness Training Service/Newport Beach, CA.
- Title: Executive Director and Founder (1986 to 1992)
Bacon Industries/Irvine, CA.
- Title: Director of Research and Development (1985-1988)
MD Pharmaceuticals/Costa Mesa, CA.
- Title: Researcher (1984-1985)
ROK Industries/San Pedro, CA.
- Title: Laboratory Manager (1981-1982)
Shell Oil Laboratory/Carson, CA.
- Title: Laboratory Technician (1978-1980)
St. Mary’s Hospital/Long Beach, CA.
- Title: Laboratory Technician (1976-1978)
U.S. Army- Natick Research Labs
- Title: Research Laboratory Technician (1974-1976)