Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Engineer, Gas Turbines, Rotating Machinery, Procurement, Quality Control, Fiscal Management, Petrochemicals, Offshore Platforms, Onshore Pipelines, Safety Compliance Inspections
- Asset Management Professional and Energy Industry Consultant, qualified engineer with an extensive career in the development of multinational projects involving gas turbines and related rotating machinery. Recently 24 years as President of company that was purchased by Cooper – Rolls Royce in 1998.
- Proven record as technical / engineering liaison, with strong skills in procurement, quality control and fiscal management. Background in collaboration with major energy companies such as Westinghouse (power generation / power distribution), Ingersoll Rand (gas compression) and El Paso Corp. (derivative power).
- Significantly accomplished in turnaround role for under-performing operations, expanding international sales channels and instituting process improvements. Contributed expertise to international energy providers such as Petrobras, Petroleos de Venezuela, Pemex, Fiat Energy, Fine Gas Co. and Belleli Energy.
- Demonstrated success with petrochemical plants, offshore platforms and onshore pipelines. Proficient with business development, performance management, new construction and upgrade / expansion initiatives. History of unbiased third-party failure analysis and safety compliance inspections.
- Forte for negotiation and work contracts in multinational environments. Heavily experienced in South America especially Venezuela, Brazil and Mexico, with service in the Middle East including Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Iran. Maintain high-level government contacts in most countries including the United States.
- Multilingual, with fluency in English, Spanish and Urdu and working knowledge of Italian and Farsi. Winner of world trade Industry Entrepreneur of the Year and first runner-up in overall competition, as awarded by Ernst & Young (1989), with similar award from Pakistani Engineers (1997).
President and Chief Operating Officer
GTS Drilling (a subsidiary of GTS of Texas Inc.), Houston, Texas 1997-Present
Land Drilling Operations in USA and Pakistan
- GTS took a new direction after selling the turbine operations of GTS Inc, and got into upstream business of oil and gas operations.
- GTS started with leased rigs as capital needs were high to purchase drilling rigs
- GTS was the first company in USA to bring and operate a Chinese “flex” hi-tech rig, and successfully execute this operation for an oil gas operator in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.
- Provides vast experience in USA and International operations, and was able to go from an idea to successful drilling operations, with five (5) drilling rigs under its belt and looks to expand its operations worldwide.
- GTS gets its drilling rigs from China
General Turbine Systems of Texas Inc., Houston, Texas 1979-Present
Started this firm to provide worldwide service, sales and marketing for Allison Gas Turbines (then division of General Motors) and developed it into major influence in the energy industry. Diversified company and 40 employees upon sale of Allison to Cooper-Rolls (division of Cooper Energy Services) in 1998. Continue to provide consulting services in research and latest technologies within oil, gas and energy industries.
- Accountable for budget development and administration for multimillion-dollar projects around the world, with focus on development and installation of gas turbines and related rotating machinery.
Directed project planning as well as sourcing and procurement of materials and services. Coordinated the activities of up to 200 multinational employees.
- Successfully competed with Fortune 500 firms such as GE and Westinghouse. Instrumental in representing foreign energy concerns in the US, participating in mergers / acquisitions and contract negotiations.
- Provided turnkey and complete prime mover services and gas turbines to numerous US-supported major pipeline concerns, as well as US Navy and international energy providers. Worked with El Paso Corp./Coastal Corp., Gulf Oil Corp./Chevron, Houston Natural Gas, Oasis, Northern National Gas, People’s Gas, West Coast Transmission, Nova-Canada, Alberta Energy (Canada) and Getty Oil Co.
- Additionally, provided third-party failure analysis for insurance claims, as well as safety compliance inspections throughout project development.
- Special Services for Government of Pakistan, for work from September 2001 to December 2005. Provided liaison services with Government of China to provide for energy projects in country of Pakistan.
- Presco, Inc. an independent ENT company in USA, providing special services to bring the first ever China made A/C high-tech drilling rig from China to mountains of Colorado in USA. Supervised entire project from inception September 2004 to January 2006.
- Energy services totaling $10 million to Petrobras, related to the critical Campos Basin offshore energy and oilfields; 1985-1998
- US energy goods and services totaling $18 million for PEMEX and AGA industrial gas division in Mexico; 1981-1998
- Power plant in Pakistan valued at $100 million, in joint venture with Fiat Energy of Italy; served as exclusive representative for energy business in the US; 1995
- Derivative power plant in Pakistan comprising GE LM-6000 engines and valued at $100 million; under contract to El Paso Corp. / Coastal Corp.; 1995
- Turnkey plant producing 100 tons of oxygen per day, in conjunction with Fine Gas Company in Pakistan; exported from US 1000 tons of chemical equipment and 400-foot towers; 1993
- Turnkey gas turbine power plant for US Navy operations on Guam; largest such government project budgeted under $10 million awarded to a small business; 1991
- Consulting services for Petroleos de Venezuela, comprising $25 million in US companies’ goods and personnel services; 1980-1990
Gulf Oil Corp., Caracas, Venezuela – Gas & Gas Liquids Division 1975-1979
- Senior Advisor and Production Co Ordinator –
Ingersoll-Rand Co., Phillipsburg, New Jersey 1973-1975
- Service and Sales Engineer
Westinghouse Electric Corp., Phoenix / Tehran / Dhahran / Pittsburgh 1971-1973
- SALES ENGINEER
Bachelor of Science Degree – Electrical / Communication Engineering with Marketing minor
Utah State University, Logan, Utah 1971
- Pakistan American Council of Texas (PACT) since 1997
- Minister’s Advisory Board, Overseas Pakistani Foundation based in Islamabad, Pakistan since 1995
- Asia Society since 1990
- Houston World Affairs Council since 1988
- Association for Corporate Growth since 1985
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) International since 1976
- Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers (IEEE) since 1971
General Turbine Systems of Texas Inc. OVERVIEW
- GTS was a start-up (by myself as sole owner) from a garage to a multi-million dollar company.
- General Turbine Systems was a focused service and overhaul support for Allison Gas Turbines and Ingersoll Rand compressors.
- The company grew into an international organization with offices in USA, Venezuela, Brazil, and Pakistan.
- GTS provided support services to over 70% of Ingersoll Rand GT-22 gas turbo packages on worldwide basis.
The main clients served by General Turbine Systems for compressors and turbines were:
- Oasis Pipeline (16 machines)
- Enterprise Products (13 machines)
- PDVSA Services (23 machines)
- PEMEX (12 machines)
- Petrobras (6 machines)
- Sui Gas Northern and Southern – Pakistan (6 machines)
- Coastal Pipeline – Colorado and ANR pipeline (16 machines)
- Arkla Gas (7 machines)
- Warren Petroleum / Chevron (12 machines)
- ADNOC, Abud Habi – Rolls Avons (2 machines)
- Saudi Aramco / Iscosa – Westinghouse – Saudi (10 machines)
Power Plant Experience:
EPC and Prime Contractor
GTS built two plants on EPC basis:
- US Navy – Guam – 17 MW. (a GTS / Fiat Avio joint venture) Project Value Turnkey – $12 million USD
- Sales Rep and Sub-Contractor in Quetta, Pakistan.
Fiat Avio – Prime Contractor. GTS – Prime Contractor in Pakistan as Sub. Value of Total Contract – $110 million USD
Value of GTS Contract – $5 million USD
- Vandenberg AFB – California
A 15 MW Power Plant using five (5) Allison Gas Turbines.
GTS provided entire Control System and O&M for five (5) years to US AFB Vandenberg. Value of GTS Contract – $5 million USD
- Enron – Guam
A 160 MW Power Plant sold as Sub-Contractor to Enron Power in 1999.
GTS acted as Sub-Contractor to Enron but was hurt by as much as $2.5 million USD when Enron filed for Chapter Bankruptcy.
Enron owed GTS over $2.4 million in back invoices.