Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Electrical Engineer, Causation, Fire Cause Origin, Electrocution, Electrical Shock, Fire Hazard, Safety, Product Safety, CPSC, Consumer Product Safety Commission, Electrical, Electrical Fires, Electronics, Consumer Electronics, Flammability, Flammability Of Materials, Lightning, Lightning Damage, Lightning Protection, Lighting, Bulb Or Lamp Explosion, Wiring, Wiring Devices, Connectors, Aluminum, Switches, Power Cords, Ground, Electrical Grounding, GFCI, Ground Fault, Earth Ground, System Ground, Protection, Circuit Breakers, Fuses, Standards, ISO, UL, Product Safety, OSHA, Alarms, Smoke Fire Alarms, CO Security, Quality, Manufacturing Quality Standards, Appliances, Household Appliances, Ovens, Microwave Ovens, NEISS, National Electronic Injury Surveillance System, Surge, Surge Protection, Static, Static Electricity Arcing, Television, Television Fires, Radiation, Electromatic, X Ray, Ionizing, Motors, AC DC, Induction, Variable Speed, Voltage, Electrostatic, High Low Current, Fatal Shock Electrocution, Arcing, Temperature, Ignition, Illumination, Office Outdoor Illumination Intensity
Expert Witness No.1007
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Il
BSEE Degree in Electrical Engineering and Post Graduate Studies in Antennas, Waves and Fields, 1961
Participated in the combined industry/government committeeâ€™s investigation of appliance fires for the Presidential Commission on Product Safety, the forerunner of the US CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission), 1969
Member, representing industry, of the joint UL/CPSC Safety Standards committee for electrical products. Emphasis on shock hazard, cause and origin of fires, flammability and toxicity of materials used in consumer products and flammability testing of materials, 1978
Member of the Sears Roebuck & Co. Product Safety Committee, 1975-1993
Member of the Corporate Product Quality, Reliability and Safety Team at Zenith Electronics Corporation, 1994-1995
As an Senior Engineer and Engineering Manager, I specialized in the design and testing of analog and digital products in the television, video, security and computer fields. Served as an expert viewer, by invitation, for the HDTV systems testing in Alexandria, VA.
Also, an engineering manager, conducted numerous product safety investigations related to shock and fire hazards associated with electrical apparatus of all sorts, including appliances, tools, outdoor equipment, computing, lighting, GFCIâ€™s, surge protectors and power supplies. Also involved in line surge lightning simulation testing. Conducted many NEISS (National Electronic Injury Surveillance System) investigations.
Sears Roebuck Inc., Manager TV and Digital Products Lab Group, 1968-1993
- Motorola Inc., Television and Radio Receiver Design Engineer, 1961-1968
- Zenith Electronics, Manager Customer Quality Assurance, 1994-1995
- Custom Plastics, Assistant QC Manager, 1995-1996
- Culligan Intâ€™l Co., Supplier Quality Engineer, 1997-2001
- Matsushita Computer Products Co., Provided Quality Systems Training, 1993-1994
- Zenith Electronics, Provided TV/Video product and plant evaluations, 1993-1994
- Many successful expert witness services, some are in active stage, 1995- present
- Awarded three patents for electronic circuit designs.
- Member IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers) and ASQ (American Society for Quality) professional organizations for many years. Expired.
- Taught adult classes in electronics and electricity at local high school.
- Taught In-Plant training courses at Motorola.
Available upon Request