Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, General Adult Practice, General Adult Internal Medicine, VA Healthcare Administration System, Nephrology Private Practice, Pulmonology, Critical Care Medicine, Diabetes Management, Diabetes Education, Anemia Of Chronic Disease, CKD Management, Disease Advanced Hypertension, Acute, Chronic Pulmonary Disease, Sleep Disorders, Long Term Acute Critical Care, Critical Care Registered Nurse, ACLS, BLS,
Expert No. 2073
- Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner with seven years of clinical experience including 3+ years in nephrology/internal medicine, 2+ years in adult general practice and over one year in pulmonology/critical care/sleep medicine.
- Licensed Registered Nurse with fifteen years of clinical experience at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center-South Bend, holding various positions in PCU, CCU, ICU, CRU and Critical Care Transport.
- Certified Alumnus Critical Care Registered Nurse; ACLS and BLS instructor since 1996.
Master of Science, Family Nurse Practitioner, 2004
Purdue University Calumet Hammond, IN
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 1993
Indiana University South Bend, IN
Federal Drug Enforcement Agency, 2004
Controlled Substance Registration- Indiana, 2004
Nurse Practitioner Authorization-Indiana, 2004
Indiana Registered Nurse License, 1993
ENA Trauma Nursing Core Course, 2002 to 2006
AACN Certification Corporation Adult CCRN Certification, 1996 to 2006
Work Experience - Nurse Practitioner
A PRIVATE COMPANY (full-time) 11/10 to present
- Inpatient management of patients on rounds at two long term acute care facilities and hospital.
- Office management of patients with acute and chronic pulmonary disease and sleep disorders.
Victory Clinical Services II (prn) 7/05 to 8/11
- Performed medical evaluations of adult patients in methadone maintenance treatment program.
- Managed/supervised withdrawal, maintenance and titration of methadone and buprenorphine dosing for opiate dependent patients.
Nephrology Physicians, LLC (full-time) 5/07 to 8/10
- Managed pediatric and adult patients with chronic kidney disease, ESRD, dialysis, hypertension, renal transplant, diabetes, secondary hyperparathyroidism, anemia, metabolic acidosis, infectious disease, cardiovascular disease, CHF, coumadin management as well as follow up of miscellaneous primary care issues pertinent to nephrology care.
- Coordinated schedule of office hours and rounding in our six outpatient hemodialysis units and satellite office sites for 3 nurse practitioners with 10 physicians in our practice.
Veterans Administration Community Based Outpatient Clinic (full-time) 9/04 to 4/07
- Provided primary care for approximately 1000 male and female adult patients.
- Conducted group diabetes education classes and individual diabetic counseling.
Prior Work Experience
St. Josephâ€™s Regional Medical Center – South Bend, Indiana 8/89 to 4/05
Staff Nurse, Cardiac Care Unit/Intensive Care Unit 2001 to 2005
- Provided direct care for acute cardiac and intensive care patients.
- Proficient in IV therapy, use of ventilators, intra-aortic balloon pumps, pacemakers, PA catheters, 12 lead EKG interpretation.
- Rotated to CRU as needed.
- Cardiovascular Clinical Education Instructor 2000 to 2001
- Developed and implemented educational programs, skill validations, and competency assessments of staff in the Cardiac Cath Lab, Cardiothoracic Recovery Unit, Cardiac Care, Progressive Cardiac Units.
- Coordinated and provided training of new staff in Cardiac Care and Progressive Cardiac Units.
- Developed competency based orientation plans for Heart Hospital in collaboration with supervisors, physicians, assisting to ensure compliance for hospital accreditation and licensure requirements.
- Coordinated and collaborated in research projects, utilized findings as a basis for clinical practice, education, and committee work/projects.
Clinical Supervisor, Cardiac Care Unit 1999 to 2001
- Monitored productivity levels of the unit to achieve expected financial targets.
- Completed employee schedule, managed/coordinated 24-hour, day-to-day operations, ensuring patient, physician and other customer satisfaction, while ensuring fiscal responsibility.
- Coached staff/provided education and training to ensure competence.
- anaged hiring of new staff, employee discipline and assisted Service Manager with firing.
- Administered annual employee performance appraisals for all staff.
Clinical Shift Supervisor, Cardiac Care/Progressive Cardiac Units 1995 to 1999
Staff Nurse 1993 to 1995
- Progressive Cardiac Unit, Cardiothoracic Recovery Unit, Cardiac Care Unit with rotation to Intensive Care Unit, Intensive Care Intermediate Unit and Critical Care Transport Team.
- Specialty Technician, Progressive Cardiac Unit 1989 to 1993
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Coalition for Advanced Practice Nurses in Northern Indiana
- Sigma Theta Tau National Nursing Honor Society
- Medical Mission Trip to Belledere, Haiti 2/23/07-3/3/07, 1/25/08-2/2/08, 1/24/09-1/31/09.
- Owner and facilitator of informal web based group for Michiana area advanced practitioners consisting of 135 active members, coordinate monthly meetings, educational events, manage database of members.