Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Franchise, Litigation Support, Restaurants, Hotels, Automobile Dealerships, Mobile Home Parks, Medical Modalities, Office Parks.
- Expert serves as Founder and Managing Partner of The Kosnar Group (“TKG”), a firm that specializes in providing attorneys and their clients with franchise expert witness and litigation support services.
- From March 1973 to December 1988, Expert served as President of CAMS, Ltd., located in Chicago, Illinois, an international franchise and business development consulting company which he sold to Arthur Andersen, formerly one of the “Big Five” accounting firms in 1988. Past and present CAMS, Ltd. and TKG clients include Fortune 500 and major international companies in addition to small to mid-sized businesses.
- Expert has been involved in various segments of real development and brokerage including commercial, office, retail, and multifamily residential. His expert witness testimony includes litigation involving restaurants, hotels, automobile dealerships, mobile home parks, medical modalities and office parks.
- From 1989 to 1997, he served as President/CEO and director of two public companies involved in licensing medical clinical laboratory services and specialty van vehicle manufacturing for physically challenged persons, respectively.
Expert is the author of How to Sell Your Home Without a Real Estate Broker, published by McGraw-Hill Book Publishing Company. He is also the author of Improving the Franchisor-Franchisee Relationship for a Stronger Franchising System.
- From 2010 to 2012, Expert, in a collaborative effort between the University of San Diego (USD) and the World Trade Center (WTC), and the Ahlers Center for International Business (USD), promoted international franchising by sending MBA and undergraduate business students abroad to complete in-country internships. The students are trained by Expert and The Kosnar Group staff to conduct workshops and symposiums to cultivate a better understanding of franchising within the business community in each of the foreign countries visited.
He has appeared as a guest lecturer at the University of Illinois, Elmhurst College and AICPA seminars and workshops to present continuing education course material about franchising, licensing and alternative growth strategies. Expert is an honors graduate of California Western University earning a BS and MBA degrees. He also attended DePaul University, School of Law, in Chicago, Illinois.
- Expert is active in several Eco-Green-Clean-Environment programs and is a Board Member of the Solana Beach ECO Rotary Club Charitable Foundation that provides funding for clean water and sanitation systems in Cambodia and Africa.
Legal Support Experience:
- Comprehensive Discovery
- Coherent Report Structure
- Deposition Preparation & Appearance
- Confident and Prepared Witness Trial Appearance
Channels of Distribution Experience:
- Franchise Networks
- Licensing Networks
- Dealership Chains
- Distributor Chains
- Private & Public Company-Owned Businesses
- Joint Venture Chains
- Global Technology Transfer
- Commercial, Residential, and Disaster Restoration Cleaning Services
- Eco-Green Environmental Products & Services
- Fitness Gyms and Martial Arts Studios
- Hospitality – Hotels, Restaurants & Banquet Facilities
- Medical Services – Optometry, Audiology, and Clinical Blood Laboratories
- Establishing Medical Care Chain Networks Through Utilization of Stark Law “Safe Harbor” Regulations
- Online Home-Delivery Prepared Meal Service
- Party Entertainment & Games
- Professional Services – Legal & Accounting
- Real Estate Development, Brokerage & Management – Commercial & Multifamily Residential
- Retail Jewelry Chains
- Retail Nutrition Chains
- Retail Packaging, Shipping, and Private Mail Box Stores
- Retail Women’s Fashion Clothing, Handbags & Accessories
- Industry-University Collaborations & Global Technology Transfer
- Valuing Public and Closely Held Franchise Companies for Franchisor and Franchisee Businesses