Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
surgery; general surgery; vascular surgery; trauma; breast cancer; laparoscopic surgery; critical care; cancer surgery; bariatric surgery
Expert Witness No.796
- Bachelor of Arts (Summa Cum Laude), Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania – 1970
- M.D. (rank 1st in class) – Cornell University Medical College, New York, N.Y. – 1974
- Resident in Surgery – The New York Hospital – Cornell Medical Center – 1973-1978
- J.D. (rank 2/310) – Hofstra Law – 2010, Summa Cum Laude, Law Review.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- Certified American Board of Surgery, 1979, Recertified 1991, 1999, and 2011.
- New York State License
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners, 1975
- Associate Professor of Clinical Surgery New York Medical College 1995-present
- Special Professor Hofstra Medical School 2014-present
Director of Surgery, North Shore/LIJ Syosset Hospital, Syosset, NY 2005-2008
- Responsible for all quality assurance activities, credentialing, strategic planning within the Department of Surgery.
- All Chiefs of General Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecologic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, etc report to the position of Director of Surgery, who also serves on the Medical Board and runs weekly morbidity and mortality conferences for the Department.
- Oversee minimally invasive/bariatric fellowship program.
Director of Surgery and Wound Care Gurwin Jewish geriatric Center 1985-2005
Long Island Surgicenter, Melville, NY 2000-2005
Chief of Surgery
- As Chief of Surgery and member of Board of Directors, introduced state-of-the-art technology which attracted new MD surgeons to utilize facility.
- Assessed new technology in terms of its impact on patient care and the financial well being of the organization. Favorable risk assessment led to the creation of state-of-the-art laparoscopic surgery and orthopedic arthroscopy suites, facilitating recruitment of new MD surgeons.
- Created standards and credentialing tools for physicians, conducted monthly quality assurance reviews and activities.
- Together with the Board of Directors, developed capital and operating budgets.
Huntington (NY) Noninvasive Vascular Laboratory 1978-2010
- Responsible for standardization of day-to-day operations of the Vascular Laboratory, including direct supervision of participating MD’s as well as the technical director and vascular technologists.
- Successfully directed accreditation process with the Intersocietal Commission for Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL).
- Responsible for benchmarking and collection of data for quality assurance.
- Developed comprehensive policy and procedure manual for laboratory operations.
- Led implementation of process changes that were validated by Quality Assurance Program.
MDNY Healthcare, Melville, NY 2002-2006
Member, Medical Delivery Committee
- Collaborate in development of quality initiatives, including alerts and disease management guidelines for HMO.
- Review drug formulary.
- Assess new medical technology.
Huntington (NY) Hospital 1995-2007
Medical Director, Surgical Intensive Care Unit
- Oversaw policy and procedures for the unit, including ongoing quality improvement initiatives.
- Led successful accreditation process conducted by Joint Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAH).
Chairman, Critical Care Integrated Committee 1995-2007
- Led quality improvement initiatives that extensively reviewed structure and process issues in critical care units at Huntington Hospital.
- Led initiative for data collection and benchmarking throughout the North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System. Standardization of intensive care practice at Huntington Hospital was achieved through ongoing evaluation and benchmarking with intensive care areas in the overall hospital network.
- Attending Surgeon in General, Vascular and Bariatric Surgery:
- Huntington Hospital, Huntington, New York (1978-2010)
- North Shore University Hospital – LIJ at Manhasset, Syosset, and Plainview, Long Island, NY (2000-2010).
Available Upon Request
Available Upon Request