Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Health Law Attorney, Healthcare Collections, Healthcare Compliance, Healthcare Contracting, HMO Counsel, PPO Counsel, Life Insurance Companies Counsel, Provider Contracting, ERISA, PPOs, HMOs, Self Insured Plans, Medicaid, Medicare, HIPAA, IPAs, AB 1455, Managed Care Collections, Business Law, Buying and Selling Businesses, Contract Negotiation, Drafting, Business Entity Formation, Business Transactions, Regulatory Compliance, Shareholder and Partner Disputes, Business Litigation, Healthcare Transactions, Healthcare Claims Appeals, Regulatory Compliance, Breach of Contract, Physician and Medical Group Contracts, Licensing Disputes and Appeals, ERISA Appeals, Healthcare Litigation and Arbitration
- Expert Law Corporation – President
- President, Law Corporation, 2016 – Present
- Founding Partner, 2007 – 2015
- President, Amador & Associates, Inc., 2000 – 2007
- Vice President & Associate General Counsel, Maxicare Health Plans, Inc., 1988 – 2000.
- Thirty-five years’ experience as in-house counsel representing payor health insurance companies, and in private practice representing healthcare providers. Transactional, compliance, and litigation experience. Business and litigation associate at two major Los Angeles law firms.
- Associate General Counsel at publicly-traded industrial conglomerate. Established nationwide network of HMO companies. Obtained certificates of authority and established provider network.
- V.P. and Chief Legal Counsel of subsidiary of major multi-line publicly traded insurance company. Prepared and negotiated provider agreements and established nationwide PPO network. Responsible for legal department.
- Associate General Counsel and V.P. of publicly-traded, multi-state HMO company. Managed healthcare litigation against HMO and PPO companies nationwide. Set up and managed life insurance company subsidiary and developed health insurance products and provider delivery system. Obtained regulatory approvals and advised on compliance and claims.
- Private practice representation of providers, including IPAs, MSOs, hospitals, renal dialysis companies, clinics, physical therapists, chiropractors, plastic surgeons, and capitated medical groups, regarding compliance, contracting, litigation, transactions, and collections. Compliance has included HIPAA, COBRA, Stark, and the federal anti-kickback laws.
- Represented clients in the negotiation, preparation and closing of numerous managed care contracts, management and service agreements, purchase and sales transactions of practices and facilities, and in matters regarding corporate governance. Outside general counsel to multi-state at-risk youth residential facilities.
Alternative Dispute Resolution Experience
- Arbitrated numerous provider-payor disputes. Arbitrated healthcare shareholder disputes and breach of contract disputes. Mediated several commercial and consumer cases.
- Advocated in numerous mediations, including breach of contract, ERISA, collection matters, breach of fiduciary duty, insurance claims, shareholder disputes, collection disputes, and employment matters.
- Admitted to the Bar California, 1980
- Certified Mediator, 2001
- AHLA Arbitrator 2016
- AAA Arbitrator 2016.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Litigation Section; Healthcare Financial Management Association.
- Pomona College (BA-1976), cum laude
- Stanford Law School (JD-1979).
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Available on full CV