Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Professional Consulting, Design Services, Ventilation Systems, Thermostatic Control Systems, Heating Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Ventilation, Thermostatic Control Systems, Low Static Pressure System, Medium Static
Expert No. 3585
Expert 3585 provides professional consulting and design services related to ventilation systems and thermostatic control systems. His primary consultant clients are mechanical engineers and builders.
Expert 3585 provides consulting and expert witness support (including trial testimony, depositions, etc.) for pre-litigation and litigation efforts relating to design, construction and implementation of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems in single family, multiple family residential, commercial, and military living and working environments. He is particularly qualified to consult on issues related to low, medium and high static pressure systems, air ducting, vents and returns, Variable Air Volume Systems (VAV), refrigerant piping and estimation, cost of repair, maintenance, default work, system operations, indoor air quality, mold, energy ratings and building code compliance. He has been licensed by Contractors State License Board since 1987. He holds a HVAC Contractor’s license (C20) in both California and Hawaii.
Expert 3585’s experience working on various types of commercial and residential developments qualifies him to expertly address HVAC issues associated with property development, planning & zoning, Building Code compliance, architectural review, Building & Safety Rules and Regulations, and other issues.
He has inspected over 1,000 properties for due diligence, construction defects and HVAC problems. He is well-educated and experienced with regard to reading, understanding, and interpreting blueprints and building specifications.
He is currently a member of the Institute of Heating and Air Conditioning Industries, Inc. (IHACI) and The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI).
- Services and repairs related to existing HVAC systems, installation of new HVAC systems
- Upgrades and change outs of existing HVAC systems
- Tests for CEC rating and compliance
- Energy Star Program
- Surveys and troubleshooting for existing heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Ventilation design work pursuing maximum use and benefit out of existing ventilation systems
- Ventilation design work for new residential, commercial and military exhaust and ventilation systems.
Reid Heating 1970 – 1974
-Retrofitting and installation of new HVAC systems
-Joined Local 108 Sheet Metal Workers Union in 1974
Safeway Plumbing and Heating 1974-1978
- New HVAC installation of HVAC systems
- Promoted to Field Superintendant in 1976
Irvine West Heating and Air Conditioning 1978 – 1980
- General Superintendant.
- Became a Journeyman with Local 108 and studied design and estimating for residential housing.
Progressive Heating and Air 1980 – 1984
- General Superintendant.
- Joined Progressive to expand into the commercial HVAC market, which included high rise buildings, clean rooms for defense contractors, and Hospitals.
Santiago Heating and Air Conditioning 1984 – 1987
- Recruited by Santiago Heating and Air.
- General Superintendant responsible for all operation including: sales, service and installation and design.
A Heating and Air Conditioning Company, Inc. 1987 – Present
- President & CEO Responsible for all operation including: purchasing, sales, service, installation and design.
- Company focused on residential, commercial and military contracting and construction, consultation with mechanical engineers and design work for builders.
- In 1990 the company faced its first construction defect law suit.
- Since the first allegations of construction defect were made against the company in 1990, Expert 3585 took the lead in handling all law suits involving such allegations.
- Expert 3585 has since testified at more than 70 depositions within construction defect lawsuits on technical issues being addressed by the expert witnesses of adverse parties, and has repeatedly obtained favorable outcomes of disputes.
Licenses and Certifications
- Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Program
- California Energy Commission Compliant title 24
- Environmental Protection Agency CFC Certified Type ll since 1993
-High Pressure Leak Detection
-High Pressure Leak Repair
-High Pressure Leak Recovery, Refrigeration & Safety
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Certified