Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Hospitalist Internist Pharmaceutical Industry, Internal Medicine Pharmaceutical Industry Drug Adverse Effect Issues, Causation Evaluations Of Adverse Event Potentially Due Drugs, Biological, Vaccines, Medical Devices, Accidents, Injuries, Medications Causing Severe Adverse Events, Medications Criminal Defense, Vaccines Causing Severe Adverse Events, Biologicals Causing Severe Adverse Events, Medical Devices Causing Severe Adverse Events, Toxic Chemicals Causing Severe Adverse Events, Evaluation Of Failure Test Warn, Quality Of FDA Documentation, IND, NDA, 510k, PMA, Safety Reports, Sterility, Analysis Of Composition Of Medications, VIOXX, VOIXX, VIOX, VOIX, Merck, Metabolife, Vinyl Chloride, Hospitalist
Expert Witness No.1271
Clinical Practice of Medicine
- A Hospital located in Birmingham, AL, 2004 to present.
Director, Hepatitis Clinic.
- Trace Crossings Medical Clinic, Hoover, AL, 2002 to 2006. General medicine, coverage.
- Dover Community Clinic, NJ, 1992-1999. General medicine.
- Dotoli Medical Group, Nutley, NJ 1989-1991. General medicine and hospital coverage.
- Private Practice, Internal Medicine 7-87 to 12-88.
- Medical Staff, Letterman Army Hospital, 1984-1987.
- Internship and Residency 1980 to 1983. USF Medical Center Keesler.
Pharmaceutical Industry Experience
- Southern Clinical & Regulatory, LLC, President, 1997 to 2006.
- Vaxin, Inc. Clinical Research Consultant. 2000 to present.
- Emerging Technology Partners, Nov 1997 to Jan 2000,
Biotech division of Economic Development Partnership of Alabama, Senior Vice President, Clinical Research and Regulatory Affairs.
- Immunomedics, Inc., Morris Plains, NJ 7-96 to 1-97; Vice President, Clinical Research.
- PerImmune, Inc., Rockville, MD 7-95 to 7-96; Director, Departments of Medical Research, Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Data Management.
- Connaught Pasteur Merieux, Director of Clinical Research, Swiftwater, PA, 3-91 to 7-95
Hoffmann-La Roche, Associate Director of Clinical Research, Antibacterials 1-89 to 3-91
Clinical Research Experience
- Cooper Green Mercy Hospital, Birmingham, AL. Director of Hepatitis Clinic, Written and currently conducting three IRB-approved investigator-initiated clinical protocols.
- Southern Clinical & Regulatory 2000 to 2008.
- Emerging Technology Partners, Vaxin, and Tranzyme, as outlined above.
- Letterman Army Institute of Research, Division of Blood Research, Staff Research Physician 6-83 to 6-87.
- Hoffman La Roche, Connaught, Immunomedics, PerImmune, as outlined above.
- USAF Medical Center Keesler, Clinical Research Laboratory, Research Associate 6-80 to 6-83
Academic and Institution Affiliations:
- Wallace Kettering Neuroscience Institute, Kettering, OH, visiting Research Associate, 2005-2008.
- University of Alabama, Biomedical Engineering, 2002.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, voluntary, Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, 9-2007 to present
- Annual reports, and protocol presentations to CBER, CDER, NIH and NCI
- Outside inspections of IND’s and NDA’s for corporate partners
- Preparation of PMAs and 510K for in-vitro diagnostic devices
- Preparation of MAA and PLAs for radioimmuno diagnostic agents and ASI Preparation of INDs.
- 1968-1971 – Santa Monica College
- 1970-1972 – California State University, San Bernardino, (B.A., December, 1972)
- 1972-1973 – University of California, Riverside, Department of Plant Physiology
- 1973-1977 – University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Bacteriology, Ph.D. Microbiology, December 1977
- 1976-1980 – University of California, Los Angeles, School of Medicine, (M.D., June 1980) June
- 1980-June 1983 – Residency in Internal Medicine, USAF Medical Center, Keesler AFB, MS
- Officers Candidate School, June 1976
- Medical Indoctrination for Medical Service Officers, June 1980
- Air Command and Staff College, graduate, June 1984
- Biological Warfare Course, Ft. Detrick, MD
- Biological Warfare refresher course, 1-05
Licensures and Certification
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- Diplomat, American Board of Internal Medicine 9-13-1989
- New York
- BLS and ACLS
- American College of Physicians, Fellow, member since 1991
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals, member since 2004
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama, member since 2000
- American College of Legal Medicine, member since 2007
- 2004-present Cooper Green Mercy Hospital, Birmingham, AL. Active Staff with admitting privileges.
- Committees: Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Hospital Infection Control.
- Liaison between CGMH and Correctional Medical Services
- Former Medical Director, Geriatric Psychiatry Unit
- 2004-present Brookwood Medical Center, Birmingham, AL. Active Non-Admit Staff, Department of Medicine
Available Upon Request
Articles Submitted to Peer-Reviewed Journals:
Available upon request
Member of the Editorial Board:
The International Journal of Risk & Safety in Medicine
Available Upon Request