Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Hospitalist, Medical Surgical, Vascular Access, Critical Care, Trauma, Surgery, Neurosurgical, Medical ICU, Intensive Care, Emergency Room, ER, Infection Control, Pneumonia, Hypothermia, Sports Injuries, Cardiac, Pulmonary, Sepsis, Bleeding Disorders, Radiology Special Procedures, Central Line Placement, Arterial Line Placement, Dialysis Catheters, Intubation, Ventilator Management, Head Injury, Traumatic Brain Injury, Subdural, Subarachnoid, Epidural Hemorrhage, AMI, Cardiac Arrythmias, Liver Failure, Renal Failure, Coagulation Disorders, Thrombocytopenia, Rhabdomyolysis, Urgent Care,
Expert Witness No. 2948
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN 1990-1994 Ann Arbor, MI
- Bachelor of Science Nursing – April, 1994
UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA 2002-2003 Philadelphia, PA
Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program, MSN – August, 2003
- Research Presentation
South Eastern Chapter of AACN Research
“Vasopressin versus Levophed in the Management of Septic Shock”
- ACNP, FCCS, CCRN, ATLS, BLS/ACLS Instructor
ACUTE CARE NURSE PRACTITIONER
Animas Surgical Hospital Durango, CO Urgent Care:
- Care for patients of all ages on per diem basis
Greater Baltimore Medical Center: (5/2013 – present) Towson, MD. Medical / Surgical / Hospitalists and Vascular Access Team:
- Medical Surgical patient population. Admits, Rounding, Discharges. Place central, arterial, and hemodialysis lines using the Vasonova Positioning system with ultrasound guidance.
- Education coordinator for NP/PA group monthly.
- Assisting development of Rapid Response Team Program
St. Anthony’s Hospital: (10/11–06/2016) St. Petersburg, FL
Medical/Surgical Intensive Care Units:
- Autonomous management of Medical/Surgical adult ICU. Respond to all Rapid Response Team calls, work up admissions, consults for the ICU. Intensivist on call at night as well. Vent management, Intubation, arterial line privileges, Central line privileges. Non-teaching facility.
Reliance Urgent Care: (3/2012-9/2013) Farmington, NM
- Pediatrics to Adults, medical complaints, suturing, orthopedics injuries.
Southwest Colorado Comm. College: 8/11 – 5/13, Durango, CO
- for 2nd year students in Medical Surgical Nursing
Orlando Regional Medical Center: 3/12 – 10/12, Orlando, FL
- (Weatherby Healthcare), ER admits/rounding.
Aureus Medical, NP Travel :4/11-7/11, Neah Bay, WA
Primary care clinic:
- Managed care for all ages in 2000 population village (Makah Indian Tribe), included night call as well.
San Juan Regional Medical Center: 7/09 – 04/11, Farmington, NM
Dept. of Internal Medicine/Critical Care:
- Evaluated, managed, and treated a variety of acute and chronic medical/surgical adult illnesses within the ICU, Step-down, and floor units.
St. Thomas More: 5/08 – 6/09, Canon City, CO
- Employed by Team Health and EM Care to manage patients of all ages in 15-20 bed ER. Moderate acuity including Pulmonary, Cardiac, GI, OB/GYN, Neuro, and Pediatric work-ups.
Mercy Regional Medical Cente: 07/07 – 03/09, Durango, CO
Urgent Care Clinic –
- Treated all ages for ski related sport injuries, ortho trauma, common colds, suture lacerations, and other acute needs. Frequent patient education done as well as case reviews with ski patrol and clinic staff.
St. Luke’s Hospital: 12/04 – 6/07, Bethlehem, PA
Department of Surgery, Trauma, and Medical Critical Care:
- Directly managed and treated patients in Medical and Trauma/Surgical Intensive Care Units (ages: 11+)
- Educated residents (took call) and nursing staff as well as precepted nurse practitioner students from acute care programs
- Assisted attending surgeons with bedside procedures (i.e. tracheostomy and peg placement, paracentesis, cautery at bedside)
- Routine ICU Procedures:
- Trained: Central lines (SCV, IJ, Femoral), Dialysis and Swan-Ganz catheters, arterial lines, post pyloric feeding tubes, intubation and ventilator management.
- Supervision needed: Chest tube insertion, thoracentesis, bronchoscopy, lumbar puncture, and paracentesis.
- Assist in development of intensive care unit policies:
- Catheter Related Blood Stream Infections
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania: 8/03-11/04 Philadelphia, PA
Dept. of Surgery, Trauma, and Critical Care:
- Managed patients in Trauma/Surgical/Neuro Intensive Care Units
- Involved in writing and implementing Critical Care Clinical Practice Guidelines, specifically: Ventilator Associated Pneumonia
- Recognition received: “Patient Quality and Safety Award”, 2004 Presented to Surgical Critical Care Staff for improving intensive care of critically ill patients at the Hospital of University of Pennsylvania.
University of New Mexico: ACNP Preceptor/Guest Speaker: (2011)
- Lecture provided on Shock for ACNP students on campus.
University of Pennsylvania: Alumni Faculty Lecturer
- Lectures focused on Critical Care topics – Sepsis, septic shock, burns/trauma, coagulopathy disorders, pulmonary disorders (ARDS).
- Preceptor for ACNP/PA students.
St. Luke’s Hospital:
- Provided monthly education to intensive care unit nurses at St. Luke’s Hospital. Participated in lecture series to residents annually as well as to paramedics.
Pueblo Community College (Now Southwest Colorado Comm. College): (Jan-Apr./08)
- Provided guest lectures and tutoring to nursing students.
Available Upon Request
- Editor for articles submitted to Lippincott Williams & Wilkins nursing magazines, 2011-present.
- American Nurses Association – Colorado Chapter
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- National Ski Patrol Association
- Copper Mountain Medical Ski Patrol
- ATHNA – American Travel Health Nurses Association
MEDICAL MISSION WORK
Mercy Medical College Nicaragua Missions Varies
- Work with Physician Assistant students providing health care and public service to villages in Nicaragua.
Managua, Nicaragua (AHA) Varies
- Instruct ACLS to physicians and registered nurses
- Provide volunteer medical care in villages to all ages.
Project Cure, El Crucero, Nicaragua Nov., 2010
- Clinic/villages: Primary care