Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Hospitality, Business, Management, Risk Management, Negligence, Hotels, Motels, Resorts, Hostels, Bed and Breakfasts, Restuarants, Caterers, Food Service, Culinary, Cooking, Theme Parks, Entertainment, Attractions, Airlines, Cruise Lines, Events, Meetings, Conventions, Convention Centers, Conferences, Expositions, Golf Courses, Beaches, Safety, Security, Employment, Human Resources, Labor, Unions, ADA, Americans with Disabilities Act, Spacecraft
Expert Witness No.2117
Academic Work Experience
Colorado State University – Global Campus Online
11/2016 to Present Course Developer and Adjunct Professor, School of Business Management
- Hired as a developer to completely design courses for the university’s new undergraduate hospitality program.
- Courses developed: HTM340 – Hospitality Sales & Marketing, including all lesson materials, assignments, quizzes, rubrics, and supplemental learning resources.
- Courses taught: MGT300 – Principles of Management; MGT320 – The Legal and Ethical Environment of Business; MGT470 – Conflict Management and Negotiation; HTM310 – Tourism and Commercial Recreation Systems; MGT315 – Business Law; HTM340 – Hospitality Sales & Marketing.
American Public University System Online
07/2018 to Present Faculty Director, School of Business
- Serving as faculty supervisor for the Government Contracting/Acquisition, Military Management, Reverse Logistics, Transportation & Logistics
- Management, and Supply Chain Management programs within the School of Business.
- Responsible for the management of 300+ faculty members, including recruiting and hiring, training and coaching, performance evaluations, discipline and termination, and problem resolution.
02/2016 to 07/2018 Associate Professor, Human Resources Management
- Designing and facilitating curriculum in an online setting to class sizes as large as 40 in the fields of Human Resources Management, Employment Law, and Labor Relations.
- Courses developed, managed, and taught: HRMT411 – Dispute Resolution; HRMT413 – Employment & Labor Relations; HRMT602 – Employee
- Law & Labor Relations; MGMT618 – Ethics in Leadership.
- Courses taught: HRMT314 – Management Ethics.
- Serving as Faculty Adviser for the APUS Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) university chapter.
University of Central Florida Orlando, FL
04/2018 to Present Mentor and Course Facilitator, UCF Global
- Mentoring five Saudi K-12 counselors for educational development through UCF’s study abroad program.
- Teaching courses to Saudi K-12 teachers and counselors in the areas of educational strategy and career development.
08/2015 to Present Adjunct Professor, Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- Designing and facilitating curriculum in an online setting to class sizes as large as 55 in the fields of Law, Risk Management, Events, and Theme Park Management.
- Courses taught: HFT3603 – Legal Environment in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry; HFT4755 – Theme Park and Attraction Management;
- HFT3670 – Hospitality Event Risk Management; HMG6797 – Hospitality Meeting and Event Administration; HFT3443 – Event Technology;
- HMG6756 – Mega Events; HFT2750 – The Event Industry; HFT3519 – Event Services.
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh – Online Division Online
08/2015 to Present Adjunct Professor, Culinary Management Program
- Facilitating curriculum in an online setting to class sizes as large as 25 in the fields of Quality Service, Management, and Training.
- Courses taught: CUL427 – Quality Service Management and Training; CUL425 – Leadership & Organizational Development; CUL210 – Management, Supervision, and Career Development; HRM132 – Hotel Operations Management; HRM223 – Recreation Facilities Management; CUL326 – Legal Issues & Ethics in Hospitality; HRM224 – Global Tourism and the Hotel Resort Industry; HRM309 – Resort Management; CUL312 – Global Management and Operations in the Hospitality Industry; HRM211 – Hotel and Convention Management; HRM432 – Etiquette for Today’s Professional.
Kaplan University Online
10/2014 to 06/2016 Adjunct Professor, School of General Education
- Facilitating curriculum in an online setting to class sizes as large as 35 in the field of Professionalism.
- Recognized as Outstanding Adjunct Faculty – September 2015
- Courses taught: CS204 – Professional Presence.
Colorado Technical University Online
01/2014 to 04/2017 Course Developer and Adjunct Professor, Business & Management Department
- Designing and facilitating curriculum in an online setting to class sizes as large as 50 in the fields of Business Management, Operational Analysis, and Law.
- Courses developed: POLS101 – Intro to Political Science; MGMT380 – Food Service, Safety, and Sanitation.
- Courses taught: MGM255 – Fundamentals of Management; MGMT215 – Management in Film; POLS101 – Intro to Political Science.
- Facilitating webinar workshop lectures on the role of self-service technologies in 21st century business.
University of Nevada Las Vegas Las Vegas, NV
08/2013 to 12/2015 Adjunct Professor, William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration
- Designed and facilitated curriculum in both online and traditional settings to class sizes as large as 90 in the fields of Leadership, Management,
- Ethics, Career Development, and Facilities Management.
- Courses taught: HMD307 – Hospitality Leadership, Management, and Ethics; TCA201 – Hospitality Career Development; HMD395 – Hospitality
- Facilities Management.
- Served as Faculty Adviser for the UNLV Space Tourism Society.
Valencia College Orlando, FL
09/2009 to 12/2016 Adjunct Professor, Hospitality Education Department
- Designed and facilitated curriculum in both online and traditional settings to class sizes as large as 35 in the fields of Hospitality, Leadership, Sales & Marketing, Security, Law, F&B, and other specialties.
- Courses taught: HFT1000 – Introduction to Hospitality; HFT2500 – Marketing & Sales in Hospitality.
- Received honorable commendation from the college for positive review by over 95% of students.
Practical Work Experience
Phillips, Spallas, & Angstadt, LLC Las Vegas, NV
04/2015 to 07/2015 Associate Attorney
- Managed civil defense cases in tortfeasor liability for Fortune 500 clients including Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Sam’s Club, and G2010, LLC.
- Responsible for all aspects of casework including intake, investigation, responsive pleadings, discovery, and settlement or trial.
Wynn Resorts Las Vegas, NV
07/2014 to 04/2015 Security Training & Administration Manager, Wynn & Encore Las Vegas
- Responsible for security administration at both award-winning resorts, consisting of nearly 5,000 guest rooms, 35 restaurants, 2 spas, 6 pools, 3 nightclubs, 1 golf course, and more than 100K sf of retail space.
- Managed a team of more than 500+ security personnel, including 40 supervisors and managers.
- Oversaw safety and security training for officers, report writers, investigators, K-9 units, armed response teams, security control center (surveillance), bike patrol units, nightclub bouncers, and management and leadership.
Merlin Entertainments Group Las Vegas, NV
08/2013 to 02/2014 Head of Operations, Madame Tussauds Las Vegas
- Led a team of 5 managers and 70+ attraction staff in operating one of Merlin Entertainment’s busiest midway attractions, hosting more than 1 million visitors per year and achieving EBITDA in excess of $20M USD annually.
- Responsible for the management of all operational areas of the site, including box office, photography, retail, solicitation, custodial and environmental services, engineering and show technicians, cash office, and others.
Picsolve, Inc. USA Orlando, FL
03/2012 to 08/2013 Operations Manager, North American Attractions
- Responsible for more than 20 theme park and attraction photography operations throughout North America.
- Managed operations ensuring maximum profitability and cost-efficiency of 200+ employees, $2M+ in physical assets, and key partnerships with accounts throughout Canada, the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
- Developed pricing/marketing initiatives to drive profitability across multiple product lines and brand portfolios.
- Exceeded North American sales budget projection in the aggregate by more than 20% for FY 2013.
Rosen Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Orlando, FL
09/2010 to 03/2012 Conference Center Sales Manager, Rosen Plaza Hotel
- Responsible for meetings of all business segments throughout the mid-Atlantic United States territory.
- Oversaw all aspects of the meeting sales & marketing process to include cold calling, solicitations, RFP management, site inspection coordination, negotiation, contract oversight, and follow-through to actualization.
- Exceeded fiscal 2011 sales quota by 29% with over $1 Million USD generated in revenue, while reducing expense budgets and expanding underdeveloped government and association markets.
09/2009 to 09/2010 Assistant Director of Safety & Security, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort
- Accountable for the safety and security of $1B+ USD in assets, 1,500+ employees, and 10,000+ guests onsite daily.
- Led a team of 6 managers, 10 supervisors, and 60+ officers and security personnel, to include payroll, scheduling, budgeting, reviews and disciplinary action, recruiting and termination, etc.
- Liaised with federal (e.g. OSHA, ADA, FDA, USSS, TSA) and local (e.g. county fire rescue, state law enforcement) agencies to ensure that the hotel meets and exceeds the highest industry standards.
05/2009 to 09/2009 Manager of Security & Investigations, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort
- Conducted health, safety, and loss prevention inspections for all departments throughout the resort, ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations, as well as industry-specific standards.
- Responsible for conducting all investigative matters on the property including injuries, missing property and theft Allegations, property damage, illegal substances, violent behavior, trespasses and evictions, etc.
- Served as company representative in legal matters such as unemployment hearings and other appearances.
03/2008 to 05/2009 Hotel Manager, Rosen Centre Hotel
- Assisted senior management with oversight of 1,334 rooms, fine-dining, casual, and quick service restaurants, three bars, a spa/gym, and 100,000+ square feet of convention/meeting space.
- Managed all guest service initiatives, including mystery shoppers, online reviews, and AAA/Mobil ratings.
- Oversaw all lines of business to ensure optimal staffing efficiency, maximized profitability, and the safety and security of staff and guests.
06/2007 to 03/2008 PBX/Guest Relations Assistant Manager, Rosen Centre Hotel
- Led a department of 20+ operators in PBX duties, convention phone set-ups, and Guest Requests management.
- Created and implemented a new Guest Requests dispatch system that has virtually eliminated all wasted resources and time, and increased dispatch efficiency more than 300%.
- Developed and coordinated a project on MS SharePoint to create a company-wide digital information directory that was eventually adopted by all seven Rosen Hotels & Resorts properties.
The Walt Disney World Company Lake Buena Vista, FL
09/2006 to 06/2007 Front Office Supervisor/Trainer/PMS Support, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Led a team of 30+ front desk cast members and 15 concierge cast members to a company standard of 97% guest satisfaction during procedural audits. As a result, the Contemporary was (Summer 2006) the resort leader of the 19 Disney hotels for Guest Satisfaction Standards.
- Assisted management with back office operations including hotel occupancy and forecasting.
- Recommended to interview for the Leadership Casting Call – a promotional pool for management.
08/2005 to 09/2006 Attractions Coordinator, Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Worked with Animal Kingdom as a ride/attraction lead for Africa and Asia attractions areas.
- Assisted opening teams with Disney’s newest major ride, Expedition Everest.
- Networked with interdependent departments to achieve maximum efficiency throughout the park.
G&G Power Equipment, Inc. Stone Ridge, NY
04/2002 to 07/2005 General Manager
- Oversaw all areas of business operations for upstate New York’s largest power equipment dealer..
- Exceeded EBITDA targets for 2003/2004 by more than 20%, generating more than $750k annually.
- American Public University System Online
- In Progress Bachelor of Science (BS) in Space Studies
- Pursuing an HLC-accredited degree in aerospace studies and astrophysics.
- 2018 President’s List for perfect 4.0 GPA throughout entirety of program.
- University of Nevada Las Vegas – Harrah College of Hotel Administration Las Vegas, NV
12/2015 – Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) in Hospitality Administration
- Completed an NWCCU-accredited three-year doctoral study program in two and a half years.
- Dissertation: “Perceptions toward the Value of Higher Education for Hotel Professionals in Las Vegas: A Case Study”
- Florida A&M University – College of Law – Orlando, FL
- 12/2012 – Juris Doctorate (JD) in Law
- Completed an SACSCOC- and ABA-accredited four-year law study program in three and a half years.
- Awarded ‘Dean’s Scholar’ full-ride scholarship based on admissions credentials.
- University of Central Florida – Rosen College of Hospitality Management Orlando, FL
- 12/2007 – Bachelor of Science (BS) in Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Completed an SACSCOC-accredited four-year undergraduate degree program in three and a half years.
- 08/2010 – Master of Science (MS) in Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Completed an SACSCOC-accredited graduate degree program equivalent to an industry-specific MBA.
- Thesis: “Exploring the Association of the Attributes of Self-Service Kiosks, Customer Check-In Satisfaction, and Customer Commitment in Hotels:
- The Case of the Rosen Centre Hotel, A Convention Hotel”
- Valencia College – Orlando, FL
- 12/2006 – Associate of Science (AS) in Hospitality Management
- Completed an SACSCOC-accredited two-year undergraduate degree program in a year and a half.
- 05/2018 – Associate of Science (AS) in Culinary Arts
- Completed an SACSCOC-accredited degree in culinary arts and management.
- 12/2006 to 05/2018 – Technical Certificates
- Technical Certificates for: Rooms Division Management; Guest Services Specialist; Food and Beverage Management; Chef’s Apprentice; Culinary
- Arts Management Operations; Restaurant and Food Service Management; and Business Specialist.
- Wallkill Senior High School – Wallkill, NY
- 06/2004 – High School Diploma
- Graduated with honors, in top 20% of class.
Trainings, Certifications, and Licenses
- 06/2015 U.S. District Court for District of Nevada Admission to Practice Las Vegas, NV
- 05/2015 Red Cross Adult, Child, and Infant CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor* Las Vegas, NV
- 01/2015 American Hotel & Lodging Association Certified Hotel Industry Analyst (CHIA) Tampa, FL
- 05/2014 Nevada Bar License to Practice Law (ID#13332) Las Vegas, NV
- 01/2014 American Hotel & Lodging Association Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE) Las Vegas, NV
- 12/2013 Techniques in Alcohol Management (TAM) of Nevada Certified Server/Seller Las Vegas, NV
- 12/2013 Southern Nevada Health District Certified Food Handler Las Vegas, NV
- 04/2013 Florida Bar License to Practice Law (ID#103273) Tampa, FL
- 01/2013 Fred Pryor Seminars/CareerTrack Training Courses Orlando, FL
- 04/2012 Wah Lum Tam Tui Kung Fu Level 9B 8th Generation Disciple/Instructor Orlando, FL
- 08/2011 HSMAI Certified Hospitality Sales Executive (CHSE) Orlando, FL
- 06/2011 American Hotel & Lodging Association Certified Hotel Sales Professional (CHSP)* Orlando, FL
- 09/2010 American Hotel & Lodging Association Certified Lodging Security Director (CLSD)* Orlando, FL
- 10/2008 Dave Mitchell’s ‘The Leadership Difference’ Certified Leader Program Orlando, FL
- 10/2007 Rosen Hotels & Resorts Management Training Program Orlando, FL
- 06/2007 Walt Disney World Management Training Program Orlando, FL
Publications and Presentations
Available on full CV.
- English – Native language. Expert fluency in reading, writing, and conversation.
- Spanish – Self-taught to limited fluency in reading, writing, and conversation..