Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Industrial Hygienist Certified, Industrial Hygienist Masters In Public Health, Certified Asbestos Consultant, Cal OSHA, Asbestos, Mold, Hazardous Waste Site, Confined Space, Air Monitoring, Soil Testing, Water Testing, Respirator, Chemical Contaminants, Pesticides, Pollution, Valley Fever, Industrial Hygienist, Meth Test, Marine Spill, Response, National environmental Response, Repoductive Toxins, Oil Spill Response,
Expert Witness No.1062
ABIH Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
Cal/OSHA Certified Asbestos Consultant (CAC)
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY EXPERIENCE: 20 YEARS
- Asbestos Building Surveys & Abatement Project Management
- Lead-Paint Building Surveys (XRF) & Abatement Project Management
- Exposure Assessments for Toxic Dusts, Fumes, Mists, Vapors & Gases
- Explosive Vapor Testing (%LEL) in Tanks & Confined Spaces
- Hazardous Waste Site Atmospheric Testing (EPA & OSHA Methods)
- Respiratory Protective Equipment Selection & Fit Testing
- Safety & Health Risk Management Programs: HAZCOM & IIPP
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Surveys: Biological (mold/bacteria) & Chemical
- Groundwater/Surface Water Monitoring: Petroleum Products & MTBE
- Soil Sampling: Chemicals of Concern: VOCs, Metals, Pesticides
- Methamphetamine Clandestine Drug Lab: Sampling & Assessment
POST GRADUATE & COLLEGE EDUCATION
1990 San Diego State University, School of Public Health:
Masters in Public Health (MPH), Industrial Hygiene
1985 University of California San Diego (UCSD)
Bachelors in Biological Science/Minor in Spanish
PROJECT SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE (SAMPLES)
• Expert No. 1082 is designated as project manager for asbestos surveys, abatement
specifications preparation and project monitoring during asbestos abatement of military housing
and defense buildings planned for demolition at the former Marine Corp Air Station (MCAS) located
in Tustin, California. Expert No. 1082 prepares asbestos bulk sample reports, site diagrams,
asbestos abatement plans and Cal/OSHA worker compliance directives.
• Expert No. 1082 prepares written asbestos survey reports throughout various locations in
southern and northern California locations. Asbestos reports are prepared for subsequent use
by abatement contractors to properly identify and quantify asbestos- containing materials
that may be impacted by renovation of shopping centers.
• Expert No. 1082 performs asbestos bulk sampling and survey reports for Sears locations
throughout California. Expert No. 1082 prepares written specifications for abatement of
asbestos-containing materials and project management during asbestos removal.
• Expert No. 1082 provides training specific to asbestos fibers that were accidentally released
from basement boiler insulation at UCLA during renovation and demolition of college campus
• Expert No. 1082 provide respiratory protective equipment training, fit testing, and
awareness level training specific to asbestos-containing materials present in buildings at VA
Hospital, San Diego.
• Expert No. 1082 performs asbestos-containing materials survey and prepares survey report for
asbestos-containing materials in buildings at UC Santa Barbara campuses.
• Expert No. 1082 collects air samples in accordance with NIOSH procedures during asbestos-
containing acoustical ceiling material removal from exclusive ocean view high rise apartments in
Long Beach, California. Expert No. 1082 performs project management during asbestos abatement
of acoustical ceiling material and clearance air sampling prior to written authorization by
Certified Asbestos Consultant (CAC) for tenant re-occupancy.