Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Heavy Industrial Mechanical Construction Engineering, Automobile Plants, Power Plants, ASME Code Fabrication, Pressure Levels, Roads, Highways, Buildings, Infrastructure, Petrochemical, Oil, Gas, Pipelines, Facilities
Expert is a senior level quality professional with over 40 years of diverse International experience, working and living abroad in East Asia, India, South America, Middle East and Africa; speaks basic Mandarin Chinese and conversational Spanish. His career began in heavy industrial mechanical construction engineering on automobile plants and power plants as well as with ASME Code fabrication of pressure vessels. Later his experience involved roads/highways, buildings and infrastructure as well as petrochemical/oil & gas/pipelines/facilities. His span of career includes extensive periods with a focus on process improvement methodologies and management system development at the project and corporate levels – benchmarking, business process reengineering.
- Team and Workshop Facilitation & Training
- Knowledge Management
- ISO9001 Quality System Development
- Process Mapping/Value Streaming
- Functional use of Spanish and Chinese languages
- Business Process Reengineering
- Best Practice Process Benchmarking
- National-Louis Univ., Evanston, IL (Atlanta, Georgia campus) – BA in ABS – Management, 1991
- California Polytechnic Univ., Pomona, California – Construction Project Management, 1984 to 1985
- Georgia Tech, Atlanta, Georgia – Supervision of Asbestos Abatement Projects, 1990
- BVQI, ISO9001:2000 Lead Auditor Qualified (IRCA/2145), 2003
- LRQA, ISO9001:2008 Lead Auditor Qualified 2010 LRQA, ISO14001:2004 Lead Auditor Qualified 2010 LRQA, OHSAS18001:2007 Lead Auditor
- Qualified 2010 US Navy, Jet engine/airframe mechanics
- Industrial Arts, eight years of training in primary/secondary school (pre- engineering foundation)
Independent Improvement Consultant, September 2016 to Present
Process improvement, process design, procedure development, Quality Management System development, process improvement team facilitation, process mapping, value streaming.
Universal pegasus International Inc., October 2012 to September 2016 Senior Vice President
Directed total reorganization of Quality Department and revamped the Quality Management System. Member of Executive Team. Procedures were obsolete, irrelevant and considered to be owned by the Quality Group. Ownership of functional procedures was established and Quality worked with those owners to develop simple, effective and meaningful procedures. Significant processes were redesigned by facilitating teams of Subject Matter Experts resulting in streamlined procedures.
Global responsibility for the oversight, planning, implementation and reporting of Quality related activities required to ensure the company and project practices comply with UniversalPegasus International (UPI) Quality Management System (QMS). This position is also responsible for the performance management and career development of direct reports which include corporate and project Quality Managers. The Senior VP Quality is a member of the Executive Team.
- Responsible for communication with UPI’s CEO, Senior Management, and Board of Directors regarding the Quality Department status, annual operating budgets, goals, and strategic plans.
- Responsible for the development and enforcement of strategic plans for Quality as approved by UPI.
- Responsible for implementation of UPI’s legal requirements and due diligence for all of the Quality Department.
- Responsible for the development and/or enforcement of UPI policies in all areas including safety, ethical business conduct, security, environmental conduct, and quality assurance.
- Responsible for the development and successful achievement of annual operating plans and budgets. Actively promotes and supports skills and higher development by industry and institutions.
- Supports high level strategic planning for recruitment, development, and retention of employees and contractors in all key roles. Personnel management to include candidate selection, mentoring, training, performance planning, and coaching and counseling.
- Facilitates process design workshops resulting in streamlined and documented processes.
Sk Engineering & Construction, October 2011 to October 2012
Package One Project QA Manager, Wasit, Inlet & Gas Processing Project – Seoul, Korea (Aramco SAP #70014054 as a Senior Quality Assurance Manager) Responsible for Project Quality Management ensuring compliance with contract requirements, Client requirements, SK E&C policies, targets, procedures and project audit schedule. Supporting the project director for the effective and efficient management of the quality system of the project at head offices, at site, at vendor shops and other locations involved in the project execution. Project KPI measured, reported, analyzed. Project Quality Management Review with recommendation for improvement or for change provided to Project Director.
KBR, April 2004 to October 2011 (Time with KBR – 7 years)
Period: 10 Jan. 2011 to October 2011
Sr. Programme Quality Manager Doha Expressway Program – Doha, Qatar
KBR is the Program Manager for the ($5 billion) Ashghal Doha Expressway Program, a series of 30 road/highway projects in and around Doha. (Qatar will host the World Cup in 2022 and has launched a number of initiatives in preparation.) My role was the Senior Program Quality Manager responsible for establishing and maintaining the overall Quality system. Responsibility extends to monitoring the Quality programs for all lower level consultants and contractors.
Period: 15 Sept. 2009 to Jan. 2011
Title: Sr. Quality Manager (Corporate) – Houston, TX
Primary focus on providing Quality support to projects across business groups with Quality Plans, Corrective and Preventive Action Plans and linkage with KBR’s Integrated Management System. Day-to-day activities closely resemble those described below as Quality Director, M.E. Region.
Period: April 2004 to 15 Sept. 2009
Quality Director, Middle East Region – Kuwait and the Middle East Highest ranking KBR Quality position within Middle East Region
Cross-project support and guidance in Quality relationships with other functional groups, subcontractors and client Petrochemical related inspections of fabricated modules and oilfield equipment and materials Process redesign, (value stream) process mapping, workshop/meeting facilitation Development of project level Quality Management Systems, quality plans, procedures and scopes of work Perform vender surveillance and Quality system assessments Quality input for proposals Carry out process analysis to identify needed improvements, both organizational and technical, examine problems and constraints and advise the top management. Provide process methodology expertise to process owners and other functional areas. – Program quality audits to identify inefficient or ineffective policies, processes and explore ways to correct deficiencies. – Assist management to utilize Quality as an effective strategy for achieving the corporate Vision, Mission and Goals. – Analyze challenges faced by the company and recommend corporate response to those challenges.
Development, implementation and management of project level Quality Management Systems (QMS) within the organization based on ISO 9001:2000. Lead efforts to develop performance improvement strategy, improve risk management, and build quality at source across the organization to ensure alignment with organizational and business goals. Perform periodic survey of various departments, understand the processes, procedures and explore areas for quality improvement.
Burhan International Construction Co., Kuwait, January 2002 to February 2004
Corporate Quality Assurance Manager and ISO9000 Management Representative
Civil (Infrastructure/Buildings) construction projects throughout the Middle East and Africa
ISO9001 system implementation, leading this Civil (Infrastructure/Buildings) construction company to certification of its Quality System to ISO9001:2000.
Management of corporate Quality Department with strict monitoring of projects via Quality Assurance personnel.
Management Representative to the ISO9000 Registrar for Burhan.
HITT & ASSOCIATES, Kuwait and India, June 2000 to January 2002
Quality and Process Improvement Consultant (on contracts)
Process Improvement and Quality System Consulting activities in Kuwait and India
Oct. 2001 to Jan. 2002 – ISO9001:2000 system implementation activity with Burhan International Construction Company. Responsible for developing an ISO9001:2000 compliant quality system.
March 2001 to Sept. 2001 – Maintenance consulting at the Chennai Petroleum Co. Ltd. refinery (CPCL). Contract with Solomon Assoc. Inc. (HSB-RT) – work with three maintenance teams;
Turnaround, Maintenance & Materials and Reliability. Focus was on developing operational procedures for Business Process Improvement.
June 2000 to Feb. 2001 – Process Improvement consulting at Petrochemical Industries Company (PIC) direct contract. Established Knowledge Management system for application to the Planned
Maintenance Turnaround process. Conducted Best-Practice Benchmarking for process improvement. Advised ISO9001:2000 quality system implementation team.
American Productivity & Quality Center (Apqc) & Apqc Consulting Group, Houston, Texas
1996 to 2000
Senior Benchmarking Specialist / Senior Consultant
- APQC Consulting Group Project Manager for Petrochemical Industries Company’s Business Process Reengineering Project (Al Dana).
- Facilitated Process Reengineering teams.
- Project Manager of process and metric Best-Practice Benchmarking projects in a wide range of topics.
- Performed needs assessments and project scoping for client engagements.
- Delivered workshops and learning sessions for client Process Quality Improvement consulting engagements.