Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Mechanical Engineering, Engineer, Material Science, Finite Element Analysis, Aluminum Alloys, Product Safety Sign, Labeling Systems Professional Engineer NSPE, ASME, ANSI, American National Standards Institute, Committee, Ladders, Ladder Safety, Climbing Products
EDUCATION / TRAINING / AFFILIATIONS
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, 1985, Grove City College, Grove City, Pennsylvania
- Post Graduate studies in Material Science, Finite Element Analysis and Experimental Stress Analysis, Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH
- Seminar training in Design of Aluminum Alloys, Statistical Design of Experiments, ANSYS Finite Element Stress Analysis, Product Safety Sign and Labeling Systems
- Continuing Education Training in a variety of disciplines including Engineering Design, Analysis of Failures and Forensic Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Member: National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
2001 – Present Engineering Consultant –
Provides product design and evaluation services involving climbing products. Conducts product and accident site investigations in personal injury lawsuits. Provides testing and written report services as needed to convey expert opinions and to substantiate accident reconstruction theories. Testifies in depositions and trials on behalf of clients (both defendants & plaintiffs). Chairs American National Standards Institute (ANSI) subcommittee for stepstools. Serves as an independent engineering consultant on ANSI A14 Labeling Task Force for portable ladders.
1985 – 2001 Product Engineer / Senior Product Engineer – Werner Co.
- Responsible for new product development as well as redesign of existing climbing products. Participated in design / testing of numerous products over a sixteen-year period. Awarded four US patents.
- Directed the activities of draftsmen, test technicians and less experienced engineers on design projects, ensuring product compliance with all design and performance requirements outlined by applicable safety codes. Supervised the manufacturing and testing of minimum-section prototypes in order to obtain Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL) product listings.
- Engineering liaison to Manufacturing and Quality Control Departments; ensuring timely introduction of new components and assemblies to the manufacturing process.
- Served as company representative / expert witness in depositions and trials in the defense of personal injury claims involving aluminum, fiberglass and wood ladder and scaffolding products.