Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Life Care Planning, Nursing, RN, Medicare Set-Asides, Medical Cost Projections, Chronologies, Legal Nurse Consulting
Medical Case Consultants, LLC, Atlanta, GA
Private practice as a Legal Nurse Consultant to defense and plaintiff attorneys and US Department of Justice. Analyzing health records in civil actions, mass torts, and workers compensation. Structuring Medical Cost Projections (and serving as testifying expert in these cases), medical chronologies/timelines. Assessing merit, locating expert witnesses, and researching deviations from standards of care. Primarily consulting in Georgia.
1985 -current Atlanta Medical Psychology, David B. Adams, Ph.D., Board Certified Psychologist, Atlanta GA
2008 –current Part-time Registered Nurse and Office Manager for large psychological practice treating injured workers with chronic pain, as well as the traditional private sector. Liaison to physicians, attorneys, Nurse Care Managers and claims adjustors. Reviewed more than 5000 medical records of injured workers, primarily orthopedic.
Full-time Licensed Practical Nurse Atlanta Medical Psychology
Richland Memorial (now Palmetto) Hospital, Columbia, SC
Licensed Practical Nurse; six years in the Intensive Care Unit of a regional trauma and teaching hospital for medical residents. Bedside care for patients with life-threatening burns, trauma, post-surgical and hemodynamic instability, severe head injuries and orthopedic trauma. All ages, including severely burned infants and patients with advanced immunosuppressive disorders.
1975-76 Pediatric Nurse, South Carolina Baptist Hospital, Columbia, SC
Licensed Practical Nurse caring for children from one week to 12 years of age.
- Registered Nurse in Minnesota 2008 – 2018 Registered Nurse in Georgia 2009 – current Licensed Practical Nurse in Georgia – 1985 – 2010
- Licensed Practical Nurse in South Carolina – 1975-1984
- CNLCP – Certified Nurse Life Care Planner (Association of Nurse Life Care Planners) 2016
- MSCC – Medicare Set-Aside – Certified Consultant 2014
- LNCC – Accreditation through the (AALNC) American Legal Nurse Consultant Certification Board 2013
- Member, American Nurses Association (ANA)
- Member, American Association of Nurse Life Care Planners (AANLCP) Member, American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (AALNC)
- Member, American Bar Association (ABA)
- Member, National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals (NAMSAP) Associate Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- 2018 Invited Peer Reviewer for chapters in the 4th edition of Principles & Practice for Legal Nurse Consulting
- 2013-2018 Item writer for 2016, 2018, 2020 Certification exam – American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
- 2012-current Medical Record Analyst for Comorbidities – Lifeline Capital Management
- 2012 Consultant to the Provost of Bluffton University (Ohio) – Swift Currie
- 2010 Medical Reviewer – 9/11 Allocation Fund for First Responders, The Garretson Group
- President, American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants – Atlanta Chapter 2011/2013
- Program Chair, American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants – Atlanta Chapter 2010