Provides Testimony In
Emergency, Diesel power generation, Failures, Overhaul maintenance, Fuels lubricants, Rotating mechanical equipment, Refrigeration chill water systems, Marine Engineering
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
– Senior Reactor Operator Certification (SONGS)
– Qualified Shift Technical Advisor (STA)
– Bachelor degree in Marine Engineering and Master of Business Administration degree
– 12 years experience with SONGS programs associated with the Emergency Diesel Generators
– Lead engineer for major EDG maintenance and design change projects.
– Implemented EDG engine analysis program (INPO recognized best practice)
– Presented technical justification to nuclear industry for use of Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel
– Co-chairman of ESI-EMD (EDG) Owners Group
San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS):
Shift Technical Advisor crew A, 7/2009 to present
– Cognizant engineer for Emergency Diesel Generators (EDG), 5/97 to 6/2009
– Performed comprehensive revisions to all EDG maintenance activities and life cycle
– Lead engineer for underground fuel oil storage tank lining project, including specification
work, bid review and generating procedural guidance
– Lead engineer and planner for major engine overhauls (12 year disassembly of EDGs) which
included coordination of vendor work with multiple SONGS craft activities
– implemented condition monitoring program for the EDG
– Addressed all immediate EDG operability issues
U.S. Navy: Consulting Engineer, American Management Systems; Arlington VA. 10/91 to 5/97
– Managed the life cycle maintenance programs for LHA and LST class ships
– Planned major ship repair and modifications, including work scope, generating specifications,
and estimating costs for budget adherence.
– Executed major shipyard repairs within budget provided and on time to meet deployment
– Lead engineer for hull, mechanical and electrical technical issues and work scope modifications
– Senior Reactor Operator Certification, SONGS.
– M.B.A., Webster University, San Diego, CA.
– B.S. Marine Engineering Technology-California Maritime Academy, Vallejo, CA.
– 29 units of engineering courses at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, CA.
– Professional Engineer, Mechanical. CA
– U.S. Coast Guard Chief Engineer of Any Vessel
– Woodward Governor Controls
– Basler Voltage Regulators
– Gas Turbines
– Dynalco Engine Analysis
Speak with this Expert for freeRequest This Expert