Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Marketing Advertising Media Expert Witness, Breach of contract, Business practices, Unfair competition, Trade libel, Rescission, Media, Unlawful, unfair, or fraudulent business activities/practices, Contracts, Sponsorships, False advertising, Licensing, Distribution, Trademark infringement, Intellectual property, Patents, Usage of models, Branding, Advertising agencies, Business and professions code compliance and violations, Trade secrets, Client business practices, Unjust Enrichment, Misappropriation of Likeness, Unfair advertising, Deceptive advertising, Violations of Lanham Act, Unjust enrichment, Trademarks at issue, Comparative advertising, Comparative promotion, Packaging, Value of advertising and media campaign,
- Multi-faceted senior Marketing executive and analyst with expertise in creating, applying and delivering Marketing, advertising, media, business development, sales, brand integrity, collateral programs, and expert witnessing. Introduced campaigns that translated strategic marketing plans into tactical sales actions that drove revenue growth, expanded market penetration, partner growth, achieved dominant market share, maximized brand equity and capitalized on market opportunities.
- Recognized strengths in establishing and maintaining executive-level client and strategic partner/ alliance relationships.
- Strong conceptual/analytical skills, ability to identify new marketing opportunities and market segments. Participative leader with excellent skills in cross-functional teambuilding, motivation, quality performance and productivity improvements.
- MBA in Marketing (Dean’s List), University of Southern California
- Active executive board member, treasurer, committee chair, board member and volunteer of the Advertising Club of Los Angeles from 1983 – present, which merged into ThinkLA. Plus, active executive board officer, treasurer, board member and chair in AIEF (Advertising Industry Emergency Fund) which evolved into AdRelief.
Partial list of companies worked for and/or with:
- Grey Advertising-Worldwide/Grey Entertainment & Media
- City of Los Angeles
- State of California
- GE Capital
- University of Southern California (USC)
- – Marshall (undergraduate and graduate) and Annenberg Schools (undergraduate and graduate)
- Vons Grocery Company
- The Music Center of Los Angeles/ Performing Arts Center of Los Angeles
- Bank of America
- Verizon/Bell Atlantic
- Disney (Walt Disney Productions)
- Alliance Environmental Group
- Ritter Pharmaceuticals/Lactagen
- Barr Engineering
- Dependable Supply Chain Services
- DHX-Dependable Hawaiian Express
- DGX-Dependable Global Express
- DAX-Dependable AirCargo Express
- Southern California Edison
- Sheraton Hotels and Resorts
- SPNB (Security Pacific National Bank)
- Beverly Hills Savings
- ICL Systems
- Rubicon VLS
- The Atrium Group
- ORC International
- NME (National Medical Enterprises)
- Beverly Hills Courier/San Marino Tribune/Herald Tribune
- Pepperdine University (five campuses- graduate Business School-MBA program)
- Applause Toys
- Dilbeck Realty
- California State University, Northridge (CSUN), David Nazarian College of Business and Economics) – undergrad and graduate
Expert Witness cases have involved:
- Breach of contract, related to marketing, promotion and advertising
- Business practices
- Unfair competition
- Unlawful, unfair, or fraudulent business activities/practices, related to marketing and advertising
- False advertising
- Franchises, franchisors and franchisees
- Trademark infringement
- Intellectual property
- Usage of models
- Advertising agencies
- Business code and professions code compliance and violations, related to marketing, promotion and advertising
- Trade secrets
- Client, agency business practices
- Unjust enrichment
- Misappropriation of likeness
- Unfair advertising
- Deceptive advertising
- Violations of Lanham Act
- Trademarks at issue
- Comparative advertising
- Comparative promotion
- Value of advertising and media campaigns
- I have served as an expert witness and have been designated as an expert witness involving Marketing, Advertising, Trademark, Patent, Promotion, Breach of Contract, Unfair Competition, Custom and Practice, Lanham and Robinson-Patman Act Violations and others.
- Certified Forensic Litigation Consultant (CFLC)™ Forensic Professional (FEWA), July 2015; renewed on December 17, 2018 and valid through December 31, 2021.
- I have been deposed, testified in court and arbitration: 47 times.
- Litigation support, approximately 53% plaintiff and 47% defendant cases. Also provided pre-litigation analysis on pending litigations, both sides.
- I have served as a consultant and/or expert witness for: California Department of Justice; State of Washington, Office of Attorney General; State of California, State Attorney General; Alameda County District Attorney; Monterey County District Attorney; Santa Cruz County District Attorney; Office of the San Diego City Attorney; Office of Los Angeles City Attorney; Alameda Corridor-East Construction Authority on behalf of the San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments; California Alcoholic Beverage Control Board.
- I have served as an expert or expert witness in over eighty-five matters throughout the US, including California, Arizona, New York, Nevada, Texas, Florida, Washington, North Carolina, South Carolina, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Kansas, and Utah, as well as before the American Arbitration Association and JAMS (Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services).
- Additionally, I have served in United States District Courts in the states of California, Florida, Minnesota, North Carolina, Texas, Utah, Pennsylvania, Kansas and Nevada.
- Cases also included contracts between partners, co-founders, directors, board of directors, sales people, sales forces, retail and suppliers of products to retail, franchisor and franchisees, management consultants, advertising agencies, clients, advertisers, suppliers, distributors, production firms and media.
Public Service Organizations/Not for Profit or Non-Profits served:
- Advertising Club of Los Angeles
- The Music Center of Los Angeles/Performing Arts Center of LA, plus its Education Division
- AdRelief, formerly known as Advertising Industry Emergency Fund (AIEF)
- Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD)
- California Special Olympics
- Partnership for a Drug Free America
- Town Hall
L.A. Downtown Marketing Group
- LA Convention and Visitors Bureau (LACVB)
- Westwood Hills Property Owners (Homeowners) Association
- PH&L (Park Homes and Lofts) Homeowners Association
MARKETING, ADVERTISING and MEDIA
EXPERT WITNESS SERVICES 2001 – Present & 1994 – 1997
Los Angeles, CA
Independent Marketing Consultant & Expert Witness
Provide expertise in marketing campaign strategy, advertising, new business development, rollouts, collateral programs, expert witnessing, market penetration, Internet and web marketing, website development, and effectively identifying marketing opportunities for local, national and international business organizations.
Bring marketing, advertising and media consultants together to solve marketing problems and create opportunities.
Clients include and have included: GE Capital-ResCom (subsidiary of GE); University of Southern California (USC) – Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism; Alliance Environmental Group; Barr Engineering, Inc.; Getty Museum; DHX-Dependable Hawaiian Express; DAX-Dependable AirCargo Express; DGX-Dependable Global Express; Rubicon VLS; Datastream, Saturday Night Magazine; Shimahara Illustration; Shimahara Graphics; Ritter Pharmaceuticals/Lactagen; and others.
Marketing, Advertiser and Business Strategies’ Adjunct Professor/Senior Lecturer/ Instructor/ Presenter: Concurrently, have taught and presented in the undergraduate and graduate programs at University of Southern California (Marshall School of Business and Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism); California State University Northridge (CSUN); Loyola Marymount University; Southwestern School of Law; Pepperdine University; UCLA; Northrup University; Loyola Marymount, Loyola Law School, UCLA School of Law and others.
DIRECTV – El Segundo, CA 1997 – 2001
Entertainment / Communications/Sports Company
MARKETING DIRECTOR, Special Markets and Strategic Partnerships
Created, orchestrated marketing programs, strengthened product positioning, improved marketing, established corporate partner/alliances, including the Telcos, planned strategies and promotional tactics. Built marketing team for special markets; hired, trained, mentored, and motivated team.
- Competitively positioned company in several market segments by increasing customer base by 40% through marketing partnerships with the Telcos, Verizon/Bell Atlantic, Quest/US West, GTE, SBC/PacBell, and others.
- Instrumental in achieving a 43% increase in sales and more than 200 third-party programs by securing and managing a major sales program targeted to residential, multi-family dwellings, facilities, hospitality, and private offices.
- Benchmarked highly effective 25-piece collateral marketing and advertising program for MSOs and key accounts, including nine-part “right-of-entry” sales kit. Designed and implemented simplification program for new dealers.
- Dramatically increased private office acquisitions by 321% and multiple dwelling units by 8.7%.
- Teamed with advertising firms to create television, radio, print and online media marketing campaigns.
- Created and received with marketing partner, Bell Atlantic Video Service (Telco) “Stellar Year” award recognition/special standout performance /custom-designed promotion, Special Markets (1999)
- Executed innovative trade show and co-op marketing programs with 80 different partners and alliances.
- Acknowledged as “Partner of the Year” from Private Cable and Wireless Cable magazine (1999).
- The Music Center / The Performing Arts Center of Los Angeles 1988 – 1994
Music Center of Los Angeles – Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Mark Taper Forum, Ahmanson Theatre, Education Division and Music Center Endowment
VICE PRESIDENT OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
Award-winning leadership of marketing, promotion, public relations, advertising, fundraising, special events, community access programs, direct mail and collateral materials.
- Moved organization from passive reactive model to proactive marketing model by changing corporate vision which resulted in motivating executive team and staff. Named and changed Public Affairs department to Music Center’s Marketing & Communications department.
- Important gains achieved, increasing annual fundraising by 7.3% and retail store sales by 450%.
- Innovative team creation, marketing and promotional support and execution of LA Alive!, Dorothy Chandler Awards, Spotlight, KABC/Music Center Broadcast Celebrating 25th Anniversary, Viva L.A. Hope Street
- Festival to celebrate Mexican Independence Day, Viva Las Artistas and TGIF Concert Series and fundraising events.
- Promotional planning, fundraising planning, collateral, ground breaking press conferences for Walt Disney Hall.
- Maximized presence of Education Division’s live arts programs, developing all aspects of program for heightened appeal and attraction to 1.2 million students throughout Southern California.
- Developed the promotional fundraising campaign for the Music Center’s Endowment Campaign for the 21st Century.
Included creating, planning, producing special events for 25th Anniversary celebration, including presentation featuring Rose Parade float with First Interstate; Historical Founders Luncheon; KABC all-day radio remote; Blue Ribbon Children’s Holiday Festival; 25 Alive! The Ford Music Center Festival; the special edition Los Angeles Times Magazine “Encore” on 9/10/1989; The
25th Anniversary Weekend; The PBS/KCET TV Show and celebration; The Music Center Birthday Party; 25th Anniversary video presentation with Charlton Heston.
Won eight PRSA (Public Relations Society of America) and Publicity Club Awards including “Best Southern California Program,” 1991 and 1992.
Grey Advertising-Worldwide/Grey Entertainment & Media, Los Angeles, CA 1975 – 1980
Internationally Recognized Advertising Agency 1981 – 1983, 1987 – 1988
SVP, VICE PRESIDENT-MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR
VICE PRESIDENT, ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR, SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, A. E.
Aggressive leadership with broad-based marketing responsibilities for national, regional and local entertainment, retail, and public service accounts. Fast track promotions of increasing responsibility to VP-Management Supervisor. Hand-picked to plan and execute multimedia marketing programs.
Increased four-year market share from 11.9% to 17.3% by creating and designing marketing and store opening campaigns for Vons Grocery Co. in California and Nevada. Spearheaded 73 televisions spots plus expansion into new, out-of-state markets. Created a hundred radio promotions, multiple markets.
Maximized exposure of Bank of America, Warner Bros., Showtime Cable Network and RKO Video/Pictures by designing national and regional advertising and promotions programs/campaigns.
Earned reputation for top-notch design of marketing and media promotions for ABC Television Network.
Developed marketing and advertising planning. Implemented creative marketing programs with vision and strategy for expansion of existing and new services for Southern California Edison.
Achieved record-breaking fundraising dollars and involvement of highly public figures by developing high-quality public service advertising and event marketing for the California Special Olympics.
Walt Disney Productions/Disney – Burbank, CA 1980 – 1981
MARKETING MANAGER – MOTION PICTURES
Aggressive marketing leadership with broad-based marketing, advertising and media responsibilities for national, regional and local assignments.
Developed marketing and advertising planning, worked on national releases for “Mary Poppins (with 100 stations in national and local radio promotions),” “The Fox and the Hound,” “The Devil and Max Devlin” and others. EPCOT planning.
Abert, Newhoff and Burr – Los Angeles, CA 1983 – 1987
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT
National, regional and local multimedia accounts at nationally recognized advertising agency.
Designed and created marketing and advertising program for 14 Sheraton Hotels & Resorts, surpassing all existing sales figures on hotel occupancy. Won the 1985 “Agency of the Year” award from ITT Sheraton.
Designed and created advertising programs for Beverly Hills Savings, National Medical Enterprises (19 hospitals and an HMO), RKO Video/Pictures.
Created and developed award winning “There’s Nothing Cool About Fireworks” anti-fireworks program for the Los Angeles Fire Department, which contribute to saving approximately $30 million in property damage. Won Belding, Clio, California League of Cities, and other awards. Continued participation with the Fire Department program for 14 years, through 1998.
Security Pacific Bank – Los Angeles, CA 1971 – 1975
Responsible for creating, implementing and executing regional and community marketing, plus promotional, new business development programs, including “Unique Package of Services,” “Lifestyle Sweepstakes,” “How to Balance Your Checkbook,” “Oldest Personal Check Contest,” “Santa Ynez Bicycle Safety Rodeos” in Camarillo and Solvang, auto and boat promotions, plus other bank services. Won bank’s best Regional Marketing Campaign, 1974.
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
SENIOR LECTURER, INSTRUCTOR, SPEAKER, PRESENTER, LECTURER, 1975 – Present
ADJUNCT FACULTY PROFESSOR
Have taught and presented on many subjects including Marketing Management; Consumer Behavior: Business Strategies Development, Execution and Implementation; Global Strategies; Business Strategies for Entertainment and Communication Companies; Advertising; Promotion; Integrated Marketing (IMC) and others in the graduate and undergraduate programs at the following schools and/or departments:
- University of Southern California, includes Marshall School of Business (undergraduate and graduate), Marshall
- Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism)
- Pepperdine University’s MBA program (final, capstone classes in the MBA program; Seaver Center for Communication and Business, including Advertising, COMM 590 and Senior Seminar in Communication
- USC Gould Law School
Loyola Law School
- UCLA School of Law
- Southwestern School of Law
- Loyola Marymount University (graduate)
- Advertising Center
- CSUN, California State University, Northridge (David Nazarian College of Business and Economics, undergraduate and graduate)
- West Los Angeles College
- Northrup University
- Cerritos College
My courses, over 79 semesters, have included:
- MBAM 659 and MBAM 660: Business Strategies Development, Execution and Implementation (Final, capstone class in classes in the MBA program at Pepperdine)
- MBFE 658: Strategic Marketing
- GSBA 528: Marketing Management
- MKT 653: Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC)
- MBAM 619A and 619B: Business Strategies and Implementation
- COMM 542: Business Strategies for Entertainment and Communication Companies
- COMM 541: Integrated Media and Communication Strategies
- GSBA 528: Marketing Management
- MKT 440: Integrated Marketing Communications
- JOUR 340: Introduction to Advertising
- BUS 307: Marketing Management
- MKT 304: Marketing Management
- MKT 100: Conceptual Foundations of American Enterprise
- COMM 599: Global Communication
Frequent guest lecturer in Marketing, Branding, Consumer Behavior, Advertising, Business Strategies and Global Marketing & Media:
- Pepperdine University, Seaver Center for Communication and Business, including Advertising, Com 590: Senior Seminar in Communication
- USC Marshall » Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies program, and Marshall School of Business
- USC Gould School of Law
- UCLA School of Law
- Southwestern School of Law
- Loyola Law School
- UCLA School of Television, Film and Digital Media, “Trends in Television and Emergence of Multiplatform Media” and “Television & New Media: Business and Legal Issues”
- California State University, Northridge (CSUN), College of Business and Economics (graduate and undergraduate); American Marketing Association chapter
- Woodbury University, School of Media, Culture & Design
- California Lutheran University/CLU
- Orange Coast College
- Advertising Center
- University of Texas-Dallas, BCOM 4350 Advanced Business Communication
- USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts & Sciences, “Principles of Consumer Psychology,” in the Master’s Human Behavior program
- FEWA (Forensic Expert Witness Association)
- Growth Consultants & Leading Grow Wise Forums/STAR Business Consulting, Inc. Top Line Revenue Group
Have conducted Marketing and Business Strategies Classes/Presentations/Seminars/Workshops/ Webinars in USA, China, Hong Kong, Cuba and on the web.
- Master of Business Administration – Marketing, University of Southern California, Los Angeles (Dean’s List) January, 1974
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Marketing, University of Southern California, Los Angeles (Dean’s List) May, 1971
- USC Advanced Management Program, 1995
- Claremont Graduate University’s Advanced Management Program, 1983
- Community College Instructor Credential: Business and Industrial Management; Marketing and Distribution, Valid for life (No. 106750), issued March 28, 1974, by the board of the California Community Colleges
ARTICLES PUBLISHED; AUTHORED MARKETING, ADVERTISING, CREATIVE, MEDIA
Available on FULL CV
AWARDS AND ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
- “Polished Apple” Award Recipient (2008 and 2006), honoring commitment to students at California State University, Northridge (CSUN)
- University of Southern California, School of Journalism, Special Excellence Award for Outstanding Achievement in Support of School’s Academic Goals (April 1993)
- USC Parents’ Association Teaching and Mentoring Award (2006)
- City of Los Angeles Fire Department’s “Contribution to the Safety of Los Angeles” (1985)
- Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors “Salute to Larry S. Londre, for 25th Birthday Celebration of Music Center and Commitment to Performing Arts” (1989)
- Outstanding Citizen Award (1993), Los Angeles City Council (“There’s Nothing Cool About Fireworks”)
- Distinguished Professor, California State University, Northridge (1999)
- USC News, “Advertising Pyrotechnics” June, 1995 (https://news.usc.edu/21868/Advertising- pyrotechnics/)
- Extraordinary Service Award, Wilshire Chamber of Commerce (1993)
- FEWA (Forensic Expert Witness Association), Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding Service as a Speaker (2006, 2014, 2015, 2017)
- The Music Center Events and Program: Awards for Best Community Program from Publicity Club of Los Angeles (1991 and 1992)
- Award from California League of Cities (1991)
- Belding Award, Advertising Club of Los Angeles (1990)
- PRSA (Public Relations Society of America) Award (1990)
- Joseph Roos Community Service Award, PRSA (Public Relations Society of America) (1990)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
- Co-Chair, University of Southern California, Class of 1971: 50th Reunion Program and Events, (2021 – present)
- Member, LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce (2020 to present)
- Community Representative, Operations LAPD/LAFD-West Bureau’s Townhall (October 2019)
- Host, 2019 Trojan SCuppers mentoring event, celebrating USC’s traditions and transformation, part of USC Alumni Association (USCAA) and Society 52 (October 2019)
- Board Director/Executive Board Member/Secretary/Treasurer/Event Chair/Member – AdRelief of Greater Los Angeles: a volunteer organization made up of advertising and promotions professionals brought together to help their colleagues in times of life crisis, formerly AIEF (Advertising Industry Emergency Fund) (1975-present)
- Volunteer, USC’s Healthy Minds Research (2010 to present)
- Class Leader/Committee Member/Co-Captain/Co-Chair, Loyola High School Class (LHS), Class of 1967: 45th Reunion Program (2012), including 150 Anniversary programs (2015); 50th Reunion Committee, 2017 (2011 – present)
- Chair, AdRelief/Advertising Industry Emergency Fund (AIEF) Movie Night Fundraiser, each year, (2006 – present)
- Volunteer, Alumni Day of SCervice Project at Hopkins Wilderness Park (March 2019)
- Board Member, FEWA Education Committee (March 2019 – present)
- Host, 2019 Trojan SCuppers mentoring event, celebrating USC’s traditions and transformation, part of USC Alumni Association (USCAA) and Society 52 (March 2019)
Chair, “Safety First in Playa Vista and on Bluff Creek,” PVPAL’s Safety & Traffic Committee (January 2019 – present); Dawn Suskin, Executive Director said in August 2019: “We are a better and stronger community because of residents like you.”
- Volunteer, Los Angeles Regional Food Bank, “Day of Service,” with Loyola High and ThinkLA, City of Commerce, CA (October 2018)
- Participant/Contributor, embRACE Los Angeles, a program and an initiative aimed at unifying Angelenos, empowering communities, citywide conversation about race and racism, changing inequities throughout L.A. (April 2018)
- Volunteer, USC School of Architecture Day of SCervice at A Place Called Home, a safe haven in South Central Los Angeles (March 2018)
- Judge, Mobius Awards, International/Global Advertising Competition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020)
- Judge, Gelato Festival America (Carpigiani Gelato University): Santa Barbara, CA (October, 2017)
- Volunteer, USC Dornslife Day of SCervice at LAC + USC Medical Center (March 2017)
- Volunteer/Mentor, The Loyola Alumni Mentorship Program (LAMP) (2016-present)
- Judge, USC Marshall School, Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, New Venture Seed Competition (March 2017)
- Volunteer, Living through Giving Foundation and Hashtaglunchbag.org (November 2016)
- Board Director, including Vice President, Park Homes & Lofts/PH&L in Playa Vista, CA (June 2013 – July 2017; December 2018 – November 2019)
- Member, ConnectSC USC Student Affairs; Resource for USC Career Center and USC Alumni Association, helping launch careers or make career transitions (2012 – present)
- Judge, USC Marshall School, Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, New Venture Seed Competition (March 2016)
- Volunteer, USC Day of SCervice at My Friend’s Place, which assists and inspires homeless youth to build self-sufficient lives (March 2016)
- Volunteer, CanJam Volunteer Day at LA Regional Food Bank, with ThinkLA (October 2015)
- Volunteer, Special Olympics World Games, “Health Athletes,” Los Angeles (July 2015)
- Judge (Tasting and Recipe), Oxnard Salsa Festival/Salsa Recipe Contest, presented by Oxnard Downtowners (July 2015)
- Team Captain, Day of Service for Loyola High School, 150 Sites Day (at Homeboy Industries), part of Sesquicentennial Events and Volunteerism (April 11, 2015)
- Volunteer, USC Day of SCervice for InterSorority Parents Council supporting the Neighborhood Academic Initiative (NAI) at the USC Community House (March 2015).
- Contributor/Participant/Volunteer/Research Participant in USC’s School of Gerontology’s “Words and Images” Study (2013 – 2014)
- Volunteer, USC Day of SCervice at Richstone Family Center dedicated to preventing/treating child abuse, preventing violence in families, schools and communities (2014)
- Volunteer/Research Participant in, USC School of Psychology’s “Bottom-Up and Top-Down Interactions Between Emotion and Cognitive Control” Study (2014)
- Presenter/Contributor/Judge/Interviewer for Foshay Tech Academy, including Internship Day and Hour of Code Tech Fair at Foshay Learning Center/Foshay High School, Los Angeles (2013 – present)
- Volunteer, USC Second Decade Society, Day of SCervice (2013)
- Volunteer, ThinkLA Save the Surf/Protect the Beaches (May 2013)
- Board Director/V.P., WHPOA, Westwood Hills Homeowners Association (2003 – 2013)
- Creator and Founding Member of Annual Westwood Hills’ Cashmere, Tilden and Montana (with Greenfield and Denslow) Block Party (2002 – 2013)
- Member, UCLA Anderson Economic Forecast in Partnership with the Center of Global Management/ CIBER (2009 – present)
- Volunteer, USC Alumni Day of SCervice, “CFY’s “Powering a New Generation of Learning; Computers for Kids” program, in conjunction with USC Friends and Neighbors SCervice Day (2012)
- Volunteer, Project Angel Food, Thanksgiving (2010, 2011 and 2012)
- Volunteer/Contributor/Participant, Gorilla Trekking Certificate in the Cause of the Critically Endangered Mountain Gorillas in Rwanda, 2012
- Judge, ThinkLA Interactive Awards/Advertising Competition (2011)
- Volunteer, Heal the Bay, part of USC Westside Alumni Group activities (August 2011)
- Volunteer, ThinkLA Presents “CREATIVELA” (2011)
- Committee Member, University of Southern California (USC) Class of 1971, 40th Reunion Program and Weekend Activities (2011)
- DMEF (Direct Marketing Educational Foundation), Professors Academy, with University of Southern California and CSUN (California State University, Northridge (2007 – 2008)
- Chair, 50th Anniversary Celebration of Westwood Hills (WHPOA) at W Hotel (September 14, 2008)
- Board Director – Advertising Club of Los Angeles (1983 to 2006), member since 1975 and continuing; Ad Club evolved into ThinkLA, member (2006 – present); included Belding Awards volunteer, Nominating Committee volunteer and Program Committee volunteer
- Chairman, Advertising Club of Los Angeles, Summer Internship Program, plus helped create Minority Advertising Training (MAT) Program (1983 – 2006)
- Member, ThinkLA, evolved from Advertising Club of Los Angeles (2006 – present)
- Non-Profits in the 90’s PIRATES (Public Service Directors) Presenter: “Where the Community Meets the Media: There’s Always Been a Part of Public Service in My Blood.” (June 1990)
- Media Captain, Partnership for a Drug Free America (1985 – 1986)
- Advisory Board of Directors, California Special Olympics (1980 – 1984)
- Volunteer, after school tutoring, learning programs to the youth at Avalon-Carver Community Center and other locations; USC’s Internship Program for fifth and sixth graders in basic skills (reading, math and other subjects) (1967 – 1971)
- Beta Gamma Sigma, International, Lifetime member (1970 – present)