Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
marketing research, surveys, experiments, statistical analysis, consumer behavior, false misleading advertising, trademark dilution
Expert Witness No.2107
• Ph.D. in Business Administration, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1991.
• Master of Business Administration, St. Cloud State University, 1986.
• Bachelor of Arts, Marketing, College of St. Thomas, 1982.
• 2008 & 2004 Research Leave recipient for fall semester.
• 2003 University-level Recipient of the Outstanding Faculty Award for Scholarship for the schools of Business, Law, or Engineering and Computer Science.
• 2003 Best Paper in Track (consumer behavior) at the Association of Marketing Theory and Practice conference, March 2003.
• 2002 James Comer Award for Best Contribution to Selling and Sales Management Theory/Methodology - The Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management.
• 2001 Highly Commended Award (Literati Club) for article that appeared in the Journal of Consumer Marketing, 17 (3), 2000.
• 2000 Best Paper Award - The Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Force Management.
• University-wide “Most Valuable Professor” (MVP) award for 1996-1997 school year – awarded by Kappa Sigma fraternity.
• Hankamer School of Business Summer Sabbatical Research Award, Summer 1994, 1995, 1996, and 1997. Competitive college-wide research award. Recipient is released from summer teaching to conduct research.
• Hankamer School of Business nominee for the 1996 University Research Award.
• Recipient of approximately $50,000 in URC grants from Baylor.
• Graduate School of Baylor University, Young Investigatorâ€™s Award, 1995-96.
• Alpha Kappa Psi â€œProfessor of the Monthâ€ award for February 1996.
• Hankamer School of Business Young Researcher Award, 1995.
• Baylor American Marketing Association, Outstanding Marketing Professor for Fall 1995 semester.
• Vice-President of the Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society, Baylor University Chapter, 1994-1996.
• Excellence in Teaching Award by a Graduate Student from the University of Nebraska, 1990-1991.
• Vice-President, Graduate Student Marketing Organization, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1989-1990.
• Beta Gamma Sigma, 1986 (St. Cloud State University).
1991 to Present
Professor of Marketing & Ben H. Williams Professor of Marketing, A PRIVATE University.
1987 to 1991
Graduate teaching assistant, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Marketing Instructor, St. Cloud State University.
I enjoy teaching marketing research, advertising/promotions, and consumer behavior.
Self-control, compulsive buying, materialism, credit card use, happiness, family structure, socially responsible consumer behavior, and the implications of over-consumption on individuals and society.
PUBLICATIONS: Upon Request
Refereed Journal Articles: Upon Request
Conference Proceedings: Upon Request
LOCAL AND NATIONAL MEDIA COVERAGE OF MY RESEARCH: Upon Request
1991-2012 Principal, A PRIVATE COMPANY-Information and Marketing Strategy Specialists. A full-service research agency that specializes in information retrieval, analysis, and strategy formulation. The firm has been involved with brand name and brand mark design, surveys (Phone, mail, E-mail, etc.), development of marketing plans, conducting focus groups, sales and market forecasting, and as an expert witness.
1984-1985 Retail Management, PM Shoes, TX.
1984 Stock broker, Mpls., MN.
1983-1984 Sales representative, Megabit Communications, St. Paul, MN.
1983 Management trainee, Norwest financial, Golden Valley, MN.
SELECT COMMUNITY AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
• Past Chair, Outstanding Faculty Committee (University level).
• Member of the HSB (Hankamer School of Business) Sabbatical committee.
• Member of the Academic Reputation Committee (College level).
• Past President of the Board of Trustees of Waco Baptist Academy, Waco, TX.
• Review manuscripts for numerous conferences and Marketing publications.
• Ad-Hoc reviewer for the Journal of Happiness Studies, Journal of Consumer Behavior, Journal of Consumer Research, etc.
• Discussant and session leader for numerous conference tracks.
• Presented papers at regional, national, and international conferences.
• Member of the Board of Directors of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). Helped raise over $1,000,000.00.
• Participate in numerous Baylor-sponsored events, including: Faculty mentoring program, Faculty Research Day, Santaâ€™s Workshop, Storybook Christmas, and others.
• Member of Calvary Baptist Church (1991 - present). Past member of the Coordinating Council (church governing body), Sunday school co-director for Median Adults, do readings, offertory prayers, substitute Sunday school teacher, usher when needed, and have been a past Sunday School Outreach Leader, member of the Personnel committee, and participate in numerous programs that benefit neighborhood children and their families. I also lead a Financial Peace Class each fall.