Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Massage Therapy, Massotherapy, Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, Studio Management Daily Operations, Accreditation Compliance, Strategic Planning, Right Practices, Updating Maintaining Policy Procedure Manuals Handbooks,
Expert Witness No.1316
A graduate of the Cayce/Reilly® School of Massotherapy, I have been directly involved in the healing arts for over 18 years. I worked as a Director at the Association for Research and Enlightenment, Inc. and, in that capacity, directly oversaw the daily operations of the Cayce/Reilly School, the Health Center and Spa and the Human Resources Department. I also oversaw the area of accreditation compliance, strategic planning, right practices and updating and maintaining various policy and procedure manuals and handbooks. I serve as a volunteer peer reviewer for the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation and have served on the Ethics Committee with the AMTA Council of Schools. In addition to my massage therapy training, I am a graduate of Clayton College of Natural Health where I earned a Master’s degree in Natural Health. I also served as the chairperson of the A.R.E.'s health/wellness program. I am passionate about health and wellness and supporting others on their path of personal and professional growth and development. Because of this passion to help others with their personal health, I have become a certified health/wellness coach. I have also been approved by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners.
2014 Certified Psychology of Eating Health/Wellness Coach
Institute for the Psychology of Eating ~ Boulder, CO
2013 Certified Lifestyle and Wellness Coach
Institute for Integrative Nutrition ~ New York, NY
2000 MS, Natural Health
Clayton College of Natural Health ~ Georgia
1999 Diploma, Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
Cayce/Reilly School of Massotherapy ~Virginia Beach, VA
1980 BA, Biology
Sacred Heart College, Belmont ~NC
January 2013 – Present: Health in Balance, Holistic Lifestyle and Wellness Coach
- Work with clients one-on-one to, both in person and via telephone, to motivate, inspire and empower each of them to work towards achieving all their health goals. We work with all facets of the person’s life, including nutrition, relationships, exercise, work, stress reduction, etc. in an effort to bring their lives into balance.
April 2005 – January 2014: Director, Cayce/Reilly® School of Massotherapy, Health Center/Spa, Senior Management Team
- Oversee operations of all departments with emphasis on Cayce/Reilly School. Ensure accreditation compliance in all business practices of the school, ensure ethical business practices are followed related to all aspects of recruitment, marketing/advertising, student enrollment and outreach, and all other aspects of school operation. Perform all functions relative to admissions, including ensuring all requirements for admissions are met and prospective student interviews. Work with state approval agency, State Council for Higher Education in Virginia(SCHEV) and school’s accrediting agency, Commission on Massage School Accreditation (COMTA) to ensure total compliance. Oversight of the school also includes the Student Clinic and Financial Aid Administrator, as well as curriculum offered, massage school instructors and our Continuing Education. Responsible for strategic planning for the school as well as being involved with strategic planning of the ARE as a whole
May 2003 – Present: Volunteer Peer Reviewer – COMTA
- Participate in accreditation compliance review and on-site visits at various massage therapy schools throughout the country, with focus and emphasis on Management and Student Services standards
June 2012 – January 2014: Director, Human Resources; Chairperson of ARE’s Wellness for Life Committee
- Oversight of Human Resources Department for the ARE with emphasis on Employee handbook compliance and proper handling of employee matters. Work with Human Resources Manager on employee benefits and organization insurance renewals. As the Chairperson for the Wellness for Life Committee, we have put together a basic wellness program for the employees, volunteers, massage therapists, students and faculty of the ARE to bring greater awareness to health matters and issues in a positive manner; very participatory program.
April 2003 – April 2005: Director, Cayce/Reilly® School of Massotherapy
- Direct oversight of all functions of the Cayce/Reilly School, including marketing/advertising, faculty, curriculum, accreditation compliance, student clinic and continuing education. Direct oversight of administrative staff, faculty, and student clinic. Responsible for strategic planning and financial health of the Cayce/Reilly School, as well as all job functions performed as Director of Education.
July 2001 – April 2003: Education Director, Cayce/Reilly® School of Massotherapy
- Managed all academic and curriculum standards for the 600-hour massage therapy diploma program; maintain education standards and manage annual reporting for State Council for Higher Education Virginia (SCHEV) and Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) accrediting agency; manage and provide orientation for all faculty; function as support, liaison and curriculum advisor for faculty and staff; perform all administrative responsibilities for the Part-time/Evening Studies Massage Therapy Program; oversee student clinic, and assist with establishing community service outreach opportunities. Position requires excellent communication and organizational skills as well as demonstration of leadership and the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
August 2000-July 2001: Independent Consultant to Cayce/Reilly® School of Massotherapy
- Responsible for creation and writing of detailed Faculty and Student Handbook, working with Evening Studies Program/students and writing annual reports
December 1999-December 2000: Professional Practice
- Performed massage therapy, Jin Shin Do Acupressure and other holistic modalities in the A.R.E.’s Health/Wellness Center. Continued very part-time practice on my own