Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Expert Witness No.1611 PROFESSIONAL SERVICES: Case preparation, analytical assessments, and expert testimony pertaining to mechanical, electrical, and optical equipment. Forensic investigation and assessment of events relating to damages, injury, and loss of life from mechanical equipment. Forensic investigation and assessment of complex equipment design, suitability for application, and misuse. Patent and […]
Expert Witness No.1611
Case preparation, analytical assessments, and expert testimony pertaining to mechanical, electrical, and optical equipment.
Forensic investigation and assessment of events relating to damages, injury, and loss of life from mechanical equipment.
Forensic investigation and assessment of complex equipment design, suitability for application, and misuse.
Patent and patent infringement assessment and evaluation.
Forensic investigation and assessment of manufacturing process, defects, quality inspection and acceptance testing.
Forensic investigation and assessment of materials including metals, high strength alloys, plastics, elastomers, and composites.
Engineering analysis and design using simulations, statistics, and finite element methods.
Registered Professional Engineer, FL
30+ years of hands-on mechanical engineering analysis and design practice
M.S. Mechanical Engineering – University of Rhode Island, 1992
B.S. Engineering – Southern Illinois University, 1985
|U.S. Patent Applications:||U.S. Patent:|
|Composite Connection System||Global Link Connection System|
|High Pressure Splice Housing||Global Link Harsh Environment Connection System|
|High Reliability Armored Termination||Undersea Cable Branching Apparatus and Method|
|Self-Contained Underwater Branching Apparatus and Method|
|Sub-Oceanic Cable Network System and Method|
|Undersea Optical Fiber Telecommunication System and Method|
Expert is a Senior Consulting Engineer with 30+years of professional engineering experience in mechanical, electromechanical, and optical engineering fields. Experience includes design, research & development, technical program management, and engineering management; including product development, analysis, and testing in high and low volume industrial manufacturing settings. Product background includes cable and connectors, machine design, control systems, fracture failure of materials, theme park ride and machinery, industrial equipment, tool and die, harsh environment design, high pressure, fiber optics, elastomeric, plastics, composites, and high strength alloy material applications.
Increasing levels of responsibility held throughout engineering career, beginning in 1985 in the defense industry, with progressive positions spanning Mechanical Technician through Project Engineer, and finally serving as an Engineering Project Manager. In 1993, transitioned to commercial capital equipment manufacturing, where served as Project Engineer and Engineering Supervisor. Later supported the development and analysis of theme park equipment and machinery, and held design and project management positions in the high speed canning industry. Began in 1997 as an Engineering Manager for a harsh environment equipment manufacturer, where ultimately transitioned to a Corporate Officer position serving as the VP of Engineering and finally Division President. In 2003 formed Engineering, Inc. providing engineering analysis, forensic failure analysis, accident assessments, and product design & development for commercial, military, and legal applications.
ENGINEERING, INC., FL
An engineering and business consulting company that works with companies who need expert advice including case preparation, testimony, proposals, product design, failure analysis, manufacturing processes, fiber optics and underwater applications.
- PRESIDENT / ENGINEERING CONSULTANT, 2004 – Present
- Company operations focus on supplying professional engineering services for mechanical, electrical, and optical based product. Consult with client companies and attorneys to provide expertise in the areas of engineering design, process analysis, and failure analysis. Provide expert witness services to attorneys.
DEEPLINC, INC., Winter Garden, FL
A harsh environment optical/electrical connector development & manufacturing company formed to patent and commercialize product designs developed by Engineering, Inc.
- PRESIDENT / DESIGN ENGINEER, 2009 – Present
- Company operations focus on product development, commercialization, manufacturing and test and evaluation of harsh environment optical and electrical connection devices and ancillary equipment.
OCEAN DESIGN, INC, Ormond Beach, FL
An international underwater connector and cable supplier that provides rugged product for offshore Oil & Gas control systems, underwater communications, and undersea defense products. Annual revenues were 30 million.
- DIVISION PRESIDENT, VICE PRESIDENT, ENGINEERING, ENGINEERING MANAGER,
- Launched a start-up company division and product line; had profit and loss responsibility and oversaw inside and outside sales, engineering, quotations & contracts, business development and program management. Held business and technical leadership roles for new product concepts and engineering service initiatives. Managed the engineering department and production workload, recruited new engineers, developed the capabilities of the existing staff and concurrently oversaw the drafting and document control departments.
US CAN COMPANY, Maitland, FL
A manufacturer of consumer cans for utility, food and beverages with $500 million in annual revenue.
- PROJECT ENGINEER, 1996 – 1997
- Machinery and forming die engineering design and project management.
WALT DISNEY WORLD, Orlando, FL
A themed amusement park.
- MECHANICAL ENGINEER, 1995 – 1996
- Supported attraction maintenance upgrades as an engineering contractor, holding a key position within the engineering group. Also, supported installations, and Quality Assurance on assessing critical ride components for re-use, and performed safety enhancements. Received WDW Engineering Stars Award for outstanding engineering performance.
THERMATOOL CORPORATION, Novi, MI
Company supplied pipe and tube mills to companies that produced pipe and conduit. Annual revenues were $20 million.
- ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR / DESIGN ENGINEER, 1993 – 1995
- Hired to support customer machine orders, each one wanting a special capability, so there were different configurations that required engineering development.
TRACOR INC., Ft. Lauderdale, FL & New London, CT, 1986 – 1993
An engineering service provider that was located on most military bases throughout the United States. Revenues exceeded $500 million.
- PROJECT MANAGER / PROJECT ENGINEER / MECHANICAL ENGINEER / MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN
- Designed electrical and fiber optic underwater connectors, and developed extensive knowledge of underwater compatible materials, acoustics, electrical isolation, cable and hose termination design, and polymer applications.
PUBLICATION & PRESENTATIONS