Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Medical Billing, Full Cycle Billing, Collections, Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial Insurance, MVA, WC, Chart Review, Coding Compliance, Billing Standards, Appeals Process, Reimbursement, Compliance, Fraud Prevention
As a certified medical biller with over ten years of experience, I’ve gotten great satisfaction from digging deep to discover trends that may recover a significant amount of revenue for a provider, or otherwise spot where there may be costly errors in compliance breaches, for example. The researching into charts and claims, and the reporting thereof, is work I enjoy. Having my Biller certificate, I am scheduled to test for the AAPC’s Coder certificate by the end of the year, and I hope to ultimately attain their Auditor’s certificate thereafter. While currently billing for medical providers (MD and ND) by remote contract, I am available for opportunities to aid a practice (medical or legal) in case reviews of medical charts, coding, and billing, for purposes of reimbursement, compliance, or fraud prevention.
Certified Professional Biller (CPB)
American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Medical Billing Specialist
- MTSL Group Remote – 2019—Current
- Rose Medical Groups – Battle Ground, WA -2016—2018
- Community Services Northwest – Vancouver, WA – 2014—2015
- Anchor Point Counseling – Battle Ground, WA – 2014
- MBA Medical Billing – Battle Ground, WA – 2011—2013
- Lake Diabetes Supply – Melbourne, FL – 2005—2008
- Brevard County Health Dept. – Rockledge, FL – 2003—2005
- Full-cycle medical billing for professional non-facility services, including preventive exams, Evaluation & Management visits, outpatient surgery (non-facility), physical therapy counseling, behavioral health, and DME. CMS-1500 electronic billing and paper claims submission to Medicare,
- Medicaid, and commercial insurances, as well as worker’s compensation and motor vehicle accident.
- Chart review for documentation and coding compliance, CPT & ICD-10 code review, charge entry, claims follow-up, aging accounts receivable management, collection and posting of payments from insurances and patients, providing constant communication and direction to medical providers on coding and billing matters, training office staff on insurance matters, medical records management, authorization requests, and insurance verification.
- Services provided for MDs, NDs, and PHDs in general medicine, family practice, urgent care, physical therapy, and mental health offices, as well as experience at a DME supplier; always with a strong focus on HIPAA compliance and fraud prevention.
- Brief experience maintaining provider credentialing with Medicare and commercial insurances.
- American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) – 2017—Current
- English: Native language / Spanish: Speak fluently