Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
medicaid billing, medicaid coding, medical billing, audit, fee analysis, insurance billing, code
Expert No. 3806
1985 - Present
A Private Company, Inc., Richardson, Texas
Author, lecturer, company owner, CPT/ICD/HCPCS coder
· Subject matter expert and supplier of expert testimony for the FBI, U.S. Attorneyâ€™s office,
companies, and Physicians.
· Educated and trained more than 35,000 people worldwide on how to code using the AMAâ€™s
· Provider of medical coding seminars, audits, and in-house consultations for physicians.
· Provider of physician retroactive coding and billing services.
· Provider of super-bill and fee slip analysis and review for physicians.
· Provider of physicians fee analysis services.
· Value Added Service (VAS) member of Genesis Physicians Group (1,300+ physicians).
· Developed and implemented MedBooks online bookstore, with over 142,000 medical titles.
· Author of more than 15 medical coding books, including one developed in 1989 and updated
annually. Used by more than 900 schools and universities.
· Winner of the McGuffey Award through the Text and Academic Authorâ€™s Association.
1984 – 1985
American Medical Association (AMA), Chicago, Illinois
Editor - Current Procedural Terminology (CPT ®) book
· Responsible for the addition of the section in the CPT ® book that describes how to look up
codes in CPT ®, and for working with the editorial committee on selecting new codes and
deleting old ones.
· Answered more than 6,000 written inquiries in six months and as many phone calls on coding
University of Monterey, Monterey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Basic medical sciences
College of St. Elizabethâ€™s, Morristown, New Jersey
Double major BA in Chemistry and Art, minor in Psychology
Professional Offices and Organizations:
American Academy of Professional Coders – Active Member
Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists – Active Member
American Academy of Professional Coders – President 2008 Richardson, Texas Chapter
American Academy of Professional Coders – Vice President 2007 Richardson, Texas Chapter
American Academy of Professional Coders – President 2006 Richardson, Texas Chapter
Excellent professional references available upon request.