Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Midwife, Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Forensic Nurse, Sexual Assault
Midwife who has delivered over 11,000 babies. Registered Nurse. Nurse Practitioner. Forensic nurse in sexual assaults. Clinical teacher at both USC and UCLA. Experienced expert witness in both civil and criminal cases.
Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Panorama City, CA (November 1990-present)
- Full scope midwifery care providing physical exams, gynecological care across the lifespan, prenatal care, intrapartum, first assist cesarean sections, labor and delivery management, vaginal deliveries, genital injury repair and management of fetal heart rate monitoring. Delivered more than 11,000 babies.
- Experts Forensic Nurse Consultants, Thousand Oaks, CA (2009-present)
- Legal nurse consultant in both civil and criminal cases. Working for both plaintiff, prosecution and defense . Testified in court about 70 times. Deposed 16 times
Center for Assault Treatment Services, Northridge Medical Center, Van Nuys, CA (June 2001-present)
- Forensic nurse examiner (sexual assault, physical abuse domestic violence physical exams). Comprehensive forensic interviews, examinations and evidence collection from children, adolescents, adults and suspects.
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA (1994-2001)
- Nurse practitioner, providing gynecological and antepartum obstetrical care.
Valley Community Clinic, North Hollywood, CA (1993-1996)
- Provided gynecological and colposcopy examinations.
Valley Hospital, Van Nuys, CA (1986-1990)
- Registered nurse. Labor and delivery.
Security Forces Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (1983-1984)
- Senior midwife providing intrapartum care and vaginal deliveries to Saudi nationals.
Blacktown District Hospital, Blacktown NSW, Australia (1980-1982)
- Clinical and didactic instructor of pupil midwives.
Blacktown District Hospital, Blacktown NSW, Australia (1978-1980)
- Staff midwife in labor/delivery and special care baby unit.
Leyte Baptist Clinic, Hilongos, Leyte del Sur, Philippines (1978 and 1980)
- Volunteered and provided midwifery and nursing care to Filipina nationals for 2 months in 1978 and 2 months in 1980.
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner-Pediatrics – International Association of Forensic Nurses
- Certified Nurse Midwife – American College of Nurse Midwives
- Colposcopy of the Lower Genital Tract – American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- Limited Office Gynecological and Obstetrical Ultrasound – Nurses’ Association of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring – Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses
- Neonatal Resuscitation – American Heart Association
- Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
- Bachelors in Health Sciences (Nursing) 1997
Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga NSW, Australia
- Precertification of Foreign Trained Nurse Midwives 1990
The Frontier School of Nurse Midwifery, Hyden, Kentucky
- Midwifery Program September 1977- August 1978
Blacktown District Hospital School of Midwifery, Blacktown NSW, Australia
- Nursing Program May 1974 – April 1977
Blacktown District Hospital School of Nursing, Blacktown NSW, Australia
- Certified Nurse Midwife, California 1990
- Nurse Practitioner, California 1997 RNP
- Registered Nurse, California 1986 RN
Kaiser Permanente Panorama City 1990-present
- Clinical instruction of student nurses, student midwives, and student nurse practitioners in outpatient clinic and labor delivery.
University of California Los Angeles 2007-present
- Clinical teaching Year 2 OB/GYN residents.
University of Southern California 2007-present
- Clinical teaching of Year 3 OB/GYN residents in labor and delivery.
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles 1994-2001
- Clinical instructor for OB/GYN and family practice residents and student nurse practitioners in OB/GYN outpatient clinic. Including colposcopy and gynecological management.
Blacktown Hospital School of Midwifery 1980-1982
- Clinical and didactic teaching of pupil midwives.
- American College of Nurse Midwives 1990 to present
- International Association of Forensic Nurses 2012 to present
- California Nurse Midwives Association 2009 to present