Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Neurosurgery, Spine Surgery, Cranial Surgery, Neurotrauma, Spine Trauma, Cerebral Aneurysms, Brain Tumors, Spine Fractures, Cauda Equina Syndrome, Spine Infections, neurostimulator
SOLO/PRIVATE PRACTICE: June 2004 – Current
Medical Facility Affiliations:
SCRIPPS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, LA JOLLA
SCRIPPS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, ENCINITAS
TRI-CITY MEDICAL CENTER
PARADISE VALLEY HOSPITAL
ALVARADO HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
INLAND VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
RANCHO SPRINGS MEDICAL CENTER
LA JOLLA ORTHOPEDIC OUTPATIENT SURGERY CENTER
PALOMAR MEDICAL CENTER
Approved Provider Status
High School: The Westminster Schools (Atlanta, Georgia)
Graduated Summa Cum Laude June 1984
College: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Dual Degree: Bachelor of Arts in English and Chemistry
August 1984 – June 1988
Medical School: Emory University School of Medicine
Degree: Doctor of Medicine
August 1988 – June 1990, August 1991 – June 1993
Graduate School: Emory University Graduate School
Division of Biological and Biomedical Sciences
July 1990 – July 1991
Graduate School: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Department of Anatomy
Passed Candidacy Oral and Written Exams
July 1994 – December 1996
Post Doctoral Training:
July 1993 – June 1994: Surgical Internship
Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Surgery and Affiliated Hospitals, Atlanta, Georgia
July 1994 – December 1996: Neurosurgical Research Associate
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Department of Neurosurgery, Little Rock, Arkansas
January 1997 – July 2002: Neurosurgical Residency
Loyola University Medical Center, Department of Neurosurgery, Maywood, Illinois
July 2002 – June 2004: Chief Resident, Neurosurgical Residency
University of California at San Diego, Division of Neurosurgery, San Diego, California
Continuing Medical Education:
Minimally Invasive Surgery of the Spine, University of California at San Diego, Nov 2005.
Minimally Invasive Surgery of the Spine, University of California at San Diego, Nov 2006.
Passed Written Neurological Surgery Board Exam, March 1999.
Passed National Boards Part I, Part II, and Part III.
Passed Oral Neurological Surgery Board Exam November 2009.
California License, Expiration date: January 31, 2014
Awards and Honors:
High School: The Westminster Schools (1980 -1984): graduated summa cum laude and with distinctions.
College: University of North Carolina (1984 -1988): John Motley Morehead Scholar; Dean’s Honor List; Member of the UNC Honors Program and the North Carolina Fellows Program.
Medical School: Emory University School of Medicine (1988 -1990, 1991 – 1993): Awarded Medical Student Summer Research Fellowship 1989.
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF NEUROLOGICAL SURGEONS
CONGRESS OF NEUROLOGICAL SURGEONS
NORTH AMERICAN SPINE SOCIETY
KOREAN-AMERICAN SPINE SURGEONS
1. DepuySynthes Institute Nursing Education, Principles of Spinal Disorders for Operating Room Personnel. A team approach to AO techniques, Las Vegas, NV, April 2013.
2. Course of Continuing Education for World Federation of Neurological Surgeons and Society of Neurosurgery of Chile, Santiago, Chile April 2013.
3. Synthes Spine Introduction to the Lateral Lumbar Approach Forum, Minneapolis, MN, April, 2009.
4. Minimally Invasive Approaches, X-LIF, Korean American Spine Society Meeting, San Diego, CA, July, 2009.
5. Synthes Oracle Spacer System Training Forum, San Diego, CA, August 8, 2009.
6. Synthes Spine Introduction to the Lateral Lumbar Approach Forum, Dallas, TX, August, 2009.
7. Synthes Spine Introduction to the Lateral Lumbar Approach Forum, San Francisco, CA, September 2009.
8. Synthes Spine Introduction to the Lateral Lumbar Approach Forum,
Lumbar Degnerative Spine Executive Surgeon Panel for Alphatec Spine 2008
Minimally Invasive Spine Executive Surgeon Panel for Alphatec Spine 2009
Publications and Papers:
Available Upon Request
Available Upon Request