Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Noise Pollution Psychology, Noise Pollution Environmental, Noise Pollution, Noise Sources, Noise Pollution Health Impacts Legal Remedies, Noise Abatement, Aircraft Noise, Noise Hazardous Children, Noise Pollution,
- Ph.D. Columbia University; M.A. Columbia University; B.A. Hunter College
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL HONORS (A PARTIAL LISTING)
- Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Xi, Psi Chi, Phi Sigma, Kappa Delta Pi, Pi Lambda Theta.
- Fellow, American Psychological Association; Fellow, Eastern Psychological Association.
- American Psychological Association Citizen Psychologist Presidential Citation, 2018.
- Hunter Hall of Fame, Hunter College, New York City, 1987.
- Hunter College Alumni Association Award for Outstanding Professional Achievement, 2015.
- Regional Certificate of Appreciation, United States Environmental Protection Agency, Region 2.
- For achievements in the protection of the environment.
- National Organization for Women (NOW). Honored as Outstanding Woman by Brooklyn chapter in 1974 and Bronx chapter in 1988.
- Recognized in Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who of American Women, Who’s Who in Frontiers of Science and Technology, World’s Who’s Who of Women in Education, etc.
EXPERIENCE (A PARTIAL LISTING)
- Professor Emerita, Lehman College, City University of New York, 1992.
- Expert Witness & Consultant, Environmental Psychology (Noise), Present.
- Chair, Department of Psychology, Lehman College, 1988-1991.
- Director, Women’s Studies, Lehman College, 1985-1991.
- Consultant on Noise Abatement, New York City Transit Authority, 1982-1985; 2008
APPOINTMENTS AND ELECTED OFFICES (A PARTIAL LISTING)
- GrowNYC.org. (Mayoral non-paid appointment) Member & Chair of Noise Committee, 1985-
- Transportation Research Board, National Academy of Sciences, Project Panels Assessing
- Aircraft Noise Conditions Affecting Student Learning, 2010-2017.
- Council of Canadian Academies, Reviewer for Assessment on Wind Turbine Noise and
- Human Health report, 2014.
- Hunter College Scholarship and Welfare Committee, Board of Directors, 1997-2007; 2010-
- Hunter College Alumni Association, First Vice President, 2015-17, Director: 2019-
- Phi Beta Kappa Senator, 2000-2009. Phi Beta Kappa Associations, National Chair, 1985-1997.
- Books, chapters/sections in eight books and encyclopedias, articles in academic journals and writings in popular press. e.g.
OTHER ACTIVITIES (A PARTIAL LISTING)
- Chair and Invited Speaker at Conferences Sponsored By:
- U.S. Department of Transportation, American Psychological Association, Institute of Noise Control Engineering of USA, Royal Swedish Academy of Music, Canadian Assn. for Sound Ecology, Queensland
- Division of Noise Abatement &Air Pollution (Australia), Mayor of
- London “Sounder Spaces” Conference, Global Wind Industry & Adverse Health Effects (Canada)
- Advisor to anti-noise groups in the United States, Canada, and London.
- Assisted in Design of 1979 N.Y.C. Subway Map, Metropolitan Transportation Authority, NYC.