Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Occupational Therapist, Assistive Technology, Hand Upper Extremity Diagnosis, Case Manager Design Fabrication of custom Static Dynamic Splints, ROM, Range of Motion, Orthopedic Injuries, Cardiac Conditions, CVA, Stroke, Neurologic Conditions, Joint Protection, Seating Positioning Evaluations, Ergonomics, Body Mechanincs, Orthopedic Injuries, occupational therapy coding billing
Expert Witness No.2083
MEDICAL COLLEGE OF OHIO- Toledo, OH
Master’s in Occupational Therapy (MOT), Cum Laude, December 1999
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY-Bowling Green, OH
B.S. Ed. in Exercise Science, Cum Laude, August 1997
NovaCare Pursuit of Excellence Award- 2000
Alpha Lambda Delta National Freshman Honor’s Society
Phi Eta Sigma National Honor’s Society
Golden Key National Honor’s Society
September 2006- present
Manage staff and daily operations (including physician/referral relationships, financial/budgeting, staff relations/conflict resolution, program development) of this outpatient clinic in addition to full time patient care.
May 2003- August 2006
Senior Clinical Supervisor
- Coordinate all staff coverage for centers in Northeast Ohio
- Coordinate time off and vacation coverage for Brook Park staff
- Assist center manager with tracking and auditing clinic visits and physician referrals
- Designed citywide occupational therapy coding and billing structure for splinting
- Supervise staff and perform all other center manager duties in his absence
- Perform all duties of treating staff occupational therapist
January 2000- April 2003
Staff Occupational Therapist
- Plan and implement individualized treatment plans for patients with hand and upper extremity diagnoses.
- Design and fabricate custom static and dynamic splints for protection, positioning, and ROM.
- Educate patients on assistive technology, joint protection, work simplification, wound care, and body mechanics.
- Conduct community education lectures on topics such as arthritis and body mechanics.
- Participate in ongoing communication with physicians, case managers, and employers regarding the patientâ€™s status while in occupational therapy.
September 1999- December 1999
SUB-ACUTE REHAB, Level II Fieldwork
- Planned and implemented individualized treatment plans for patients with diagnoses of general medical conditions, orthopedic injuries, and cardiac conditions.
- Provided appropriate documentation on all patients including initial evaluations, MDS scores/minutes, progress notes, and discharge summaries.
Designed and constructed occupational therapy clinic improvement projects.
June 1999- September 1999
REHABILITATION SETTING, Level II Fieldwork
- Planned and implemented individualized treatment plans for patients with diagnoses of CVA, orthopedic and other neurologic conditions.
- Provided appropriate documentation inc. initial evaluations, FIM scores, and discharges.
- Performed informal seating and positioning evaluations.
- Participated in home evaluations and community re-integration outings.