Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Chiropractor, Chiropractic, Chiropractic Neurology, Chiropractic Orthopedics, Manipulation Under Anesthesia, Qualified Medical Evaluator, QME, Independent Medical Evaluation (IME), Medical Malpractice, Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury, Car Accident, Whiplash, Sciatica, Radiculopathy, Disc Herniation
- Diplomate, American Chiropractic Academy of Neurology
- Eligible, American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics
- Certified, Manipulation Under Anesthesia
- Qualified Medical Evaluator
Doctor of Chiropractic: Private Practice (01/1989— Present)
General chiropractic practitioner specializing in neurological and orthopedic evaluations and treatment with an emphasis on pain management. Family practice, personal injury and worker’s compensation, utilizing all forms of physical therapy.
Chiropractic Consultant; Claim/Utilization Review:
Dept. Health & Human Services/U.S. Office Inspector General, Transamerica/ NHIC (Medicare), CMRI, CorVel, lntracorp, Kaiser, Genex, Blue Cross, etc.: Various dates.
Chiropractic advisor for chiropractic Medicare claims, national and local medical review policies. Expert witness and written prospective and retrospective evaluations of chiropractic treatments and case management for personal injury liability, group health and workers’ compensation cases. Evaluations include reasonableness and necessity of care, duration and cost.
Lecturer, State Associations — Nevada, Louisiana; Past Assistant Professor: Los Angeles College of Chiropractic; Past Adjunct Postgraduate Faculty: Palmer College of Chiropractic West and Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College: Various dates.
Responsible for lectures of anatomy, physiology, neurology, orthopedics and practical demonstrations of chiropractic adjustive techniques for continuing education classes.
Expert Consultant/Examiner: (05/1995— Present)
National Board (NBCE) and California Board of Chiropractic Examiners (BCE)
Examiner for the national chiropractic licensing examinations. Subject expert in Chiropractic Neurology, Manipulation Under Anesthesia (MUA), Law and Ethics and prior examiner for the California Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
Director Santa Monica Society: California Chiropractic Association
06/1995—05/2002; 06/2012—2015: Member of the State Board of Directors. Responsible for representation at state meetings, local meetings, seminars and organization of the local society. Alternate Director and Treasurer 06/2002— 05/2012.
Chair, Insurance and Industrial Relations Department: California Chiropractic Association
06/1997—05/1998; 06/2000—05/2001: Responsible with overseeing all insurance reimbursement related activities concerning the managed care, Medicare, Medi-Cal, industrial relations and personal injury committees; reviewed and commented on proposed legislation and promoted the chiropractic profession within the insurance industry. 05/1995—05/2001: Member, Long Range Planning and Southern California Medicare Advisory committees, I.M.C. Regulations, Personal Injury and Ways & Means committees.
Deputy Chair, Governmental Affairs Department: California Chiropractic Association
06/1998—05/2000: Responsible with implementation and support of the Association’s legislative programs. Received and rendered recommendations on legislative matters and policies of the Association.
Cedars Sinai Medical Center: Allied Medical Staff, 09/1999—08/2007
S & B Surgery Centers
Allied Medical Staff, 12/2002—08/2007
- Certified, Manipulation Under Anesthesia National University, 11/2002
- Certified, Traffic Accident Reconstructionist University of California, Riverside, 12/1998
- American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedists Board Eligible, 02/1997
- American Chiropractic Academy of Neurology Diplomate, No. 23, 11/1992
- Qualified Medical Examiner,State of California, 10/1992
- American Academy of Pain Management Diplomate, 03/1992
- Certified Disability Evaluator State of California, 10/1991
- California State Board of Chiropractic Examiners, 10/1990
- Los Angeles College of Chiropractic Doctorate of Chiropractic, 12/1988
- Los Angeles College of Chiropractic Bachelors of Science, Biology, 08/1988
- University of California at Los Angeles Bachelors of Arts, Psychology, 06/1985
California Chiropractic Association 2003: Distinguished Service Award