Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Certified Orthopedic Surgery matters, Spinal Conditions, Surgery of Spine Neck Back Shoulder & Foot, Ankle, Diseases Injuries Musculoskeletal System, Muscles Tendons Ligaments Bones Joints, Peripheral Nerve Problems, Workers Compensation Injuries, Disability Evaluations, IME QME Hand Surgery,
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Diplomate American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow North American Spine Society
- Fellow American Back Society
- Fellow American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Fellow International College of Surgeons
- State of California Appointed Qualified Medical Examiner
- State of Nevada Appointed Rating Physicians Panel
- Certified American Board of Independent Medical Examiners
- Member American College of Sports Medicine
- Member American Academy of Pain Management
Licensed in the following states:
- Los Angeles City College, 1954-56, Associate in Arts Degree
- University of Southern California, School of Pharmacy, 1956-60, Pharm.D.
- University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine, 1961-65, M.D.
- Rotating Internship, Los Angeles County General Hospital, Unit 1, USC Unit, June 1965 through June 1966
- General Surgery – Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, July 1966 through July 1967.
- Orthopaedic Surgery – University of Miami Medical Center, including Jackson
- Memorial Hospital, Variety Children’s Hospital, and the Veterans’ Administration Hospital of Miami, July 1966 through July 1970.
- Solo Practice, San Francisco, California, 1970-71.
Group Medical Practice, Partnership in the Ross Valley Medical Clinic, Greenbrae, CA, 1971-1976.
Solo Practice: 1976 to the present
2008- to present – Private practice including Independent Medical Examinations,
Disability Evaluations, 2nd Opinions, Industrial Injury Evaluations, at the request of employers, insurance companies, government agencies, including federal, state and local agencies, and utilizing AMA guidelines 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th editions.
Hospital Privileges and Appointments:
- St. Mary’s Hospital & Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, 1995-present (Active Associate Staff).
- California Pacific Medical Center, Pacific, Children’s and Davies Campuses, San
Francisco, CA, 1976-present (Associate Staff).
- Qualified Medical Evaluator (QME), State of California Industrial Medical Council
- Independent Medical Examiner (IME), U.S. Department of Labor Employment Standards
- Administration, Office of Workers Compensation Programs.
- Former Medical Evaluator, Medical Board of California.
- Medical Expert, Social Security Administration, Office of Hearings and Appeals.
- Former Medical Consultant (Licensing), Medical Board of California.
- Rating Physician, State of Nevada, Department of Business & Industry, Division of Industrial Relations.
- Former Medical Consultant for Spinal Center Development, U.S. Department of Defense.
- Founder, Executive Director, Board of Directors, American Back Society, 1982-present
- Editor, American Back Society Newsletter, 1982-present.
- Former Member, Advisory Board, Back Aid Center of Miami, 1987-93
- Member, Editorial Board, Chiropractic Report, 1990-present
- Former Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Isokinetics and Exercise Science
- Former Member, Editorial Board, SKOL Publications Back Letter
- Administrator, American Cervical Spine Society
- Former NFL Players Association Appointee to 2nd Opinion Panel for the Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers.
- 1971-1974 – Clinical Instructor, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 1974-1985 – Assistant Clinical Profession, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 1982 to 2008 – Actively involved in teaching and lecturing on the diagnosis and treatment of spinal conditions, including the neck and back, at local, regional,national, and international scientific meetings, including medical school campuses.
- Lifetime Member – U.C. Clinical Faculty Association, 1986.
Publications: Available upon request
- American Medical Association
- Alameda-Contra Costa Medical Society
- Arizona Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- Clark County Medical Society
- Nevada Medical Association
- Past member of San Francisco Medical Society
- Past member of Marin Medical Society
State Licensure (Current Active Status)
- California, 1966 to the present
- Idaho, 1998 to the present
- Nevada, 1998 to the present
- Arizona, 2002 to the present
- Utah, 2007 to present
- Oregon, 2008 to present
- Washington 2009 to present
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, September 22, 1972.
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Fellow, North American Spine Society
- Founder and Executive Director, American Back Society
- Past Fellow, International College of Surgeons
- Past Member, California Orthopaedic Association
- Active Member, American College of Sports Medicine
- Administrator American Cervical Spine Society
- Member American Academy of Pain Management
- Chairman, Program Committee, American Back Society
- Chairman, Committee on Surgery, American Back Society, 1995-2000
- Former Member, Advisory Committee on Spine Center Development, U.S. Department of Defense
- Former Member, Public Relations Committee, American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Former Member, Credentials Committee, San Francisco Medical Society
- Former Member, Credentials Committee, Medical Records Committee and Utilization Committee, Marin General Hospital
- Former Member, Surgery Committee, Oakland Hospital
- Former Member, Judicial Committee, Marin Medical Society
- Former Member, Emergency Room Committee, Oakland Hospital
- Former Member, Occupational Health Committee, Alameda-Contra Costa Medical Society
- Former Member, Medical Advisory Council, Sutter Surgery Center, San Francisco, CA
- Former Member, Task Force Committee, St. Francis Spine Center, San Francisco, CA
- Former Member, Credentials Committee, San Francisco Medical Society, San Francisco,CA
Presentations and Program Participation
Available on full CV
Continuing Medical Education
- December 1982 through January 2018
Category I CME Credits