Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Board Certified Anesthesiology, Pediatric Anesthesiology, Ulnar Nerve Block, Critical Anesthesiology, Post Discharge Nausea, Vomiting in Children, Post discharge Nausea Pain, Neurocognitive Dysfunction in Infants, Anesthesia in Children,
Expert Witness No.2492
- Certificate of Added Qualification- Clinical Scientist Training Program (CAQ-CTSP) 8/17- ongoing
- American Association of Medical Colleges 9/14-3/15
- Quality Initiative
- The Wharton School 5/12-5/14
- Masters in Business Administration, Major in Entrepreneurship
- American Hospital Association 7/12-6/13
- Patient Safety Fellowship
- American Society of Anesthesiologists 2/10-2/11
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Miami Children’s Hospital, Miami, FL 7/08-6/09
- Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care
- Cincinnati Children’s Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 5/07-0/08
- Fellowship in Pediatric Anesthesiology
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 3/04-3/07
- Residency in Anesthesiology and Pain Management
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 6/01-1/04
- Residency in Internal Medicine
- Sri Ramachandra Medical Center and Research Institute Porur, Chennai, India 7/95-4/01
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology & Pediatrics
- Texas Children’s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine 07/16-present
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology & Pediatrics
- Stony Brook University Medical Center 1/11-present
Attending Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesiologist
- LeBonheur Children’s Hospital 7/09-12/10
Texas State License,
Doctor of Medicine ( MD), State of New York, 2011
Fellow, AAP, 2011
Anesthesiology, ABA, 2009
ECFMG indefinite certification
Texas Society of Anesthesiologists- 2017- present
Society for Pediatric Anesthesia 2009-present
American Board of Anesthesiology Part 2 Oral Examiner, 5/15-present.
Committee on Resident Training. Texas Society of Anesthesiologists. 7/17- present.
Editorial Committee. Texas Society of Anesthesiologists. 7/17- present.
SoA- Robert M. Smith Nomination Awards Committee. 7/17- present.
Committee on Pediatric Research, American Academy of Pediatrics, 7/16-7/22. Subcommittee on Federal Policy Initiatives.
Committee on Education, American Academy of Pediatrics (SOA), 11/16-present.
Best Undergraduate Research Award, Peter S.A. Glass Research evening for Devendran K, Reinsel R, Chandrakantan A. Effectiveness of antiemetics in post discharge nausea and vomiting, 2016.
American Board of Anesthesiology, Question Writer, BASIC, 2/2017-12/2019 tenure. Mentor: Robert Gaiser, MD
American Board of Anesthesiology, Question Writer, Pediatric Anesthesiology, 2/2016-12/2018 tenure. Mentors: Dean Andropoulos, MD, David Warner, MD
Editorial Board: Journal of Anesthesia and Clinical Sciences, 2011-present.
Tied for 1st place in ACP/ASIM competition presenting “1:1 AV nodal conduction with Ic antirrhythmics” Concord, NH 2002 .
1st place in ACP/ASIM competition presenting “Neurological manifestations of Wegner’s Granulomatosis” ,Lebanon, NH 2003.
Master Karthikeyan Gold Medal in Pediatrics, 2001.
Ranked # 1 in Pathology 1 & 2 in University Examinations,1999
Ranked # 2 in Surgery and Opthalmology in University Examinations, 1999.
Awarded Distinctions in Anatomy and Pathology in University Examinations,1996.
NON-MEDICAL POSITIONS HELD (Present):
National Leadership Committee, Hindu American Foundation
Expert Medical Witness
Advisory Committee & Deal Champion, Wharton Executive Investment Firm (’38)
Early Interviewer, The Wharton School, 2015-present
POSITIONS HELD (Past):
Physician, NJ-1 DMAT, 2011-6/2016.
Alternate Delegate, District 8, NYSSA 2013-2016
Executive Council, Hindu American Foundation, 2007-2014, coordinator: Hindu chaplaincy programs conjoint with Kaiser Permanente, SF, CA.
Table of Contents Editor, WebMD.com, 2011-2013
Vice President, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Housestaff Association, 07/2001-06/2002
Staff Physician, Heart Care International and Heart Trust
Medical Student Lecture Series, Texas Children’s Hospital Department of Pediatric Anesthesiology. 7/16- current
Mentor in Advanced Biology, 2015. Krishanti Devendran & Arjun Kapoor. BIO 487, T70 SBUMC
Career development series with Ruchir Gupta, MD, 2015-2016.
Common pediatric PACU problems lecture with PACU resident, 2014-2016.
Total Life Coach/Mentor, The Wharton School 2014-present, three mentees to date
Coordinator of CA-2 Pediatric Ambulatory rotation, 2012-2015
Introduction to Pediatric Anesthesiology CA-1 lecture 2012-2016.
Introduction to Congenital Heart Disease CA-3 lecture 2011-2016.
MOCA Simulator 2011-2012
Residency Mentor to Sara Ali, MD- Staff Radiologist, Usman Shah, MD- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Jason Pollack, MD- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Ethics Committee, Consultant, 2014-2016. SBUMC
Patient Safety Committee, 2013-2016. SBUMC
Education Committee (Department of Anesthesiology), 2012- 2015. SBUMC
Operating Room Planning Committee-2014-2015. SBUMC
Sharps Prevention Working Committee, 2014-2015 (Received safety award for sharps QA)
Pension and Benefits Working Committee 2012-2013. SBUMC
Neonatal Resuscitation Protocol Instructor 2013. SBUMC
Clinical Competence Committee 2011-2013. SBUMC
English, Tamizh, Spanish
United States of America
Available upon request