Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Private Investigators,Investigators, Pre Trial Investigation, Trial Preparation, Background Check, Surveillance, Asset Searches, Financial Backgrounds, Statements Interviews, Scene Investigations, Locates, Video Photo Documentation, Locates, Public Record Retrieval, Subrosa, Court Testimony, Litigation Support, Auto Accident Investigation, Accident Investigations, Spanish Speaking Investigators, Medical Malpractice Investigations, Business Corporate Law Investigations, Employment Law Investigations, Real Estate Law Investigations, Family Law Investigations, Personal Injury Investigations, Intellectual Property Investigations, Business Litigation Investigations, Elder Abuse Investigation, Insurance Investigations, Health Care Law Investigations, Corporate Fraud Investigations, Product Liability Investigations, Premise Liability Investigations, Workers Compensation Investigations, Computer Cellphone Forensics, Social Media Investigations, Examination Under Oath EUO, Attorney Investigators, Attorney Investigations, Insurance Claims, Personal Injury, Vandalism, SIU Investigations, Medical Fraud, Insurance Fraud, Surveillance, Asset Searches, Skip Tracing,
Expert No. 3680
July 1991 to Present
Manage the daily operations of the business with over 70 employees covering three states (CA, AZ, & WA). Areas of expertise include: SIU Investigations, Medical Fraud, Insurance Fraud, Surveillance, Asset Searches, Skip Tracing and Backgrounds checks. Expert in Computer Databases and Public Records; Responsible for implementing and improving operations.
July 1983 to July 1991
Handled a wide range of investigative assignments. Specialized in insurance fraud and suspicious claims, background checks, skip tracing, public record searches, asset searches, civil and criminal investigations.
April 1981 to July 1983
Performed a wide range of investigative assignments, including those mentioned above. Also performed undercover assignments. Promoted from special investigator to Grade III investigator in January 1982 and from Grade III to Grade II investigator in September 1982. Also trained newer investigators.
Child Support Enforcement, Department of Social Services
State of South Dakota
July 1977 to January 1980
Established and/or enforced child support obligations, investigated paternity cases, welfare fraud, financial backgrounds, and skip tracing. Wrote court referrals for judicial action and represented the State as an expert witness.
University of South Dakota
Bachelor of Science Degree
Obtained Criminal Justice Degree with minors in Political Science and Sociology.
Have attended numerous workshops and seminars on insurance fraud, workers’ compensation, assets investigation, and other subjects, accumulating over 800 hours of advanced certified training; have completed numerous credit courses in Workersâ€™ Compensation through the Insurance Educational Association.
- Certified as a Fraud Examiner by the National Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), membership requires a minimum of 12 years experience and education in fraud-related work, (1993);
- Designated as a Certified Professional Investigator (CPI) by the California Association of Licensed Investigators (CALI);
- Designated as a Certified Professional Insurance Investigator (CPII) by the IRG Training Institute;
- Certified in the California Fair Claims Practices Act Regulations;
- Trained as an independent insurance adjuster and have handled the investigation and negotiations of over one thousand insurance claims ranging from auto accidents, slip and falls, employee theft, personal injury, property losses, construction defect, litigation cases and others.
- Certification in Workersâ€™ Compensation Claims Administration (WCCA) by the Insurance Educational Association (IEA);
- Certified Fraud Specialist by the Association of Certified Fraud Specialists (ACFS);
- Private pilot’s license (1980);
Available Upon Request
Publications and Videos
Available Upon Request
Areas of Expertise
Investigation, management and supervision of complex insurance cases and suspected fraud claims. Specialized in all areas of insurance investigations.
Sub-specialties include medical clinic investigations, analyzing medical records, and identifying medical fraud, illegal treatment, inflated billings, and quality of treatment.
An expert on public records and public record computer databases. Have researched many database sources and have compiled one of the most comprehensive database systems available through a private investigation firm.
Highly experienced in assets investigation, surveillance, background checks, and process serving.
Have investigated many criminal cases ranging from murder to industrial sabotage. One murder case was featured twice on “America’s Most Wanted,” as well as in numerous newspaper and magazine publications.
Have investigated many cases involving entertainment industry figures, professional sports organizations, and well known business establishments in Los Angeles County.
Have established many contacts in law enforcement, government, entertainment, business, professional sports, law, medicine, and many other occupations.
Listed in the Southern California Experts and Consultants Directory.
- Southern California Fraud Investigators Association (SCFIA)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (Affiliate Member)(LACBA)
- Northern California Fraud Investigators Association (NCFIA)
- National Council of Investigations and Security Services (NCISS)
- Investigative Open Network (Rated as Top Investigator February 1995 and February 1996) (ION)
- California Association of Licensed Investigators (CALI)
- Public Record Retriever Network (Charter Member) (PRRN)
- Professional Investigators of California (PICA)
- Texas Association of Licensed Investigators (TALI)
- Arizona Association of Licensed Private Investigators (AALPI)
- Washington Association of Legal Investigators (Affiliate Member) (WALI)
- San Diego Insurance Adjusters Association (SDIAA)
- Association of Insurance Professionals (AIP)
- Employerâ€™s Fraud Task Force (EFTF)