Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Physician Assistant, Psychiatry Physician Assisitant, Psych PA, Psych Physician Assistant, Psych PA, Adult Behavioral Health, Behavoiral Health, Family Counseling, Counseling, Marital Counseling, Marital, Individual Counseling, Evaluation, Family Health, Medication, Medication Management, Therapy, Group Therapy,
June, 1999: Graduated with Masters of Divinity from Trinity Seminary, Newburgh, IN.
May, 1991: Graduated with a Masters of Arts in Clinical Psychology from Wheaton Graduate School. Wheaton, Illinois.
May, 1977: Graduated with Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant studies from University of Wisconsin-Madison.
July, 1995 – present: Physician Assistant at Adult Behavioral Health Department, full-time.
- Duties include: medication management, individual and group therapy.
- Preceptor for University of Iowa PA program for psychiatry rotation.
Jan, 1992-May, 1995: Counselor with the Biblical Christian Counseling Center. Oregon, WI. Part-time volunteer position.
- Duties included: General marital, family, and individual counseling, in a pastoral counseling setting.
May, 1990-July, 1995: Physician Assistant with Dean Medical Center. Madison, WI. Full-time.
- Duties included: Evaluation and treatment of patients in an urgent care setting.
Feb., 1981-May, 1995: Self-employed with wife as a radiology billing clerk for Berlin Radiology, Rural Radiology, and Heartland Radiology. Business was computerized and run out of our home.
- Duties included: Preparing and submitting patient statements and insurance claims, posting payment data, etc.
Jan, 1990-May, 1990: Physician Assistant with Michael Reese Health Plan. Chicago, Illinois. Part-time.
- Duties included: Evaluation and treatment of HMO participants in an after-hours urgent care setting.
June, 1987-Aug, 1989: Physician Assistant with St. Elizabeth Hospital, Appleton, WI and Mercy Medical Center, Oshkosh, WI.
- Duties included: Evaluation and treatment of emergency and urgent care patients.
Nov., 1987-May, 1988: Physician Assistant with Family Health. Wild Rose, WI.
- Duties included: Evaluation and treatment in a family practice, reproductive health, and migrant care setting, under federal and state funding.
Jan, 1984-Nov, 1987: Physician Assistant with Wautoma Physicians Clinic. Wautoma, WI.
- Duties included: Establishment of this satellite clinic, evaluation and treatment in a family practice setting, with three family practitioners eventually recruited.
Nov., 1981-Dec, 1983: Physician Assistant with the Federal Correctional Institution. Oxford, WI.
- Duties included: Evaluation and treatment of an all-male inmate population.
Jan, 1980-June, 1981: Physician Assistant with Omro Physicians Clinic. Omro, WI.
- Duties included: Establishment of this satellite clinic, and evaluation and treatment in a family practice setting until recruitment of full-time family physician.
Jan, 1979-Dec, 1979: Physician Assistant with Stockbridge Health Center. Stockbridge, WI.
- Duties included: Establishment of this satellite clinic, and evaluation and treatment in a family practice setting until recruitment of a full-time family physician.
June, 1977-Dec, 1978: Physician Assistant with Cornell medical Center. Cornell, WI.
- Duties included: Evaluation and treatment of patients in a solo family practice setting.
- Licensed by the State as a Physician Assistant.
- Certified by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Member Primary Care Providers Training Task Force. American Association of Suicidology (May, 2008 – Dec, 2008).
- Director – Post-graduate training program for Physician Assistants in psychiatry. University of Iowa Behavioral Health. Funded through State of Iowa grant (July, 2006 to present).
- Member Credentialing and Privileging Committee of University of Iowa Health Care (March, 2003 through present).
- Active member American Academy of Physician Assistants.
- Active member Iowa Physician Assistant Society.
- Reviewer for “Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants.”
- President of Association of Psychiatric Physician Assistants (June, 2004 through June, 2008).
- Member of Medical Assistance Advisory Council for the State of Iowa, representing the Iowa Physician Assistant Society (June, 2003 – June, 2008).
- Member of the Conference Education Program Committee of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (2005).
- Series editor for “Psychiatry in Primary Care,” Journal of American Academy of Physician Assistants (1996 – 2002).
May, 2004: First place publishing award for 2003 article on management of treatment-resistant depression through American Academy of Physician Assistants.
December, 2001: Innovations In Health Care award through the Physician Assistant Foundation, for co-development of STEPPS group treatment program for borderline personality disorder.
May, 1999: First place publishing award for 1998 article on depression through American Academy of Physician Assistants.
May 1997: Third place publishing award for 1996 article on suicide through the American Academy of Physician Assistants