Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising, Publicity, Promotions, Crisis Communications, Management, Image Development, Negative Image, cause repair, Branding, Journalism, Media or Press Exposure, Relations, Analysis, Pre Litigation publicity, Litigation Support, Public Perception, Malpractice or Improper Billing Communications Professionals, Marketing Communications, Consequences of Failure Perform of Communications Professionals, Defamation, Public Image, Invasion of Privacy, Libel, Slander, PR
Expert Witness No. 2134
EXPERT WITNESS EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS
Expert 2134 has served as an expert witness in litigation on behalf of both defendants and plaintiffs and has been deposed and testified both in court and arbitration hearings. Expert 2134 is well qualified to serve as an expert witness based on his four decade career in public relations, marketing, advertising, journalism and communications.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Damage to Image or Reputation
Defamation (Libel, Slander)
Negative Effects From Media Exposure
Cause and Repair
Consequences of Failure to Perform
(Improper Guarantees/Flawed Strategies/Bad Execution)
Over or Improper Billing
Effects of Litigation Media Exposure
Expert 2134 is veteran public relations, marketing and communications executive and counselor with nearly 40 years of experience, including the past 31 years operating his own firm, Private Company, based in Los Angeles. He has provided counsel and services to clients in a broad range of business, professions and industries locally, nationally and internationally.
While a communications generalist in the breadth of his professional background and experience (journalism and public relations), Expert 2134 is a nationally recognized expert in law and litigation, crisis communications and image repair and counseling. His firm was a national pioneer in creating and developing public relations and marketing/communications programs for the legal profession and has provided litigation support for hundreds of trials and cases throughout the United States.
Prior to founding his firm in 1978, Expert 2134 work experience consisted of serving in the following positions in the fields of journalism, promotions and public relations:
• New York Times Newspaper Reporter
• Los Angeles Beautiful, Inc. Non Profit Public Relations Director
• Harshe, Rotman & Druck National PR Firm Assistant Account Executive
• Burson-Marsteller, Inc. National PR Firm Account Executive
• Atlantic Richfield Plaza Shopping Center Promotion Director
• Doremus & Company National PR Firm Account Supervisor
Public Relations Society of America (former Executive Committee Member of Counselorâ€™s Academy)
Public Communicators of Los Angeles (officer for five years)
Institute of Management Consultants (board member)
Public Interest Radio and Television Education Society
American Heart Association (Vice Chairman, Communications Committee)
LECTURES AND PUBLICATIONS
Throughout his professional career, Expert 2134 has spoken and written on a wide variety of subjects related to public relations,marketing and communications in general.
• Lectures/Presentations - He has lectured at universities (e.g. UCLA), to national conventions
(American Bar Association) and at a variety speakingforums(e.g.weekly/monthlymeetings,seminars, symposiums) of a variety of professional and business organizations.
• Publications - Available Upon Request
AWARDS AND HONORS
Expert 2134 and his firm have received numerous awards from public relations and marketing organizations for its counsel and service to clients during the past three decades.
San Jose State College Bachelor of Arts degree Public Relations (1966)
University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) Periodic courses to upgrade knowledge.
While in the United States Army (1966-68), Expert 2134 served in the Public Information Office in West Germany and provided traditional public relations counsel and services.
MEDIA EXPERT INFORMATION SOURCE
Because of this vast experience, Expert 2134 has been utilized by the mass media nationally as an expert media information source on news, issues and matters relating to litigation communications, image development and repair, controversial people/businesses and those facing a crisis (articles and video tape examples available upon request). One prime example, during and between the O.J. Simpson criminal and civil trials, he was often interviewed by media both in this country and around the world.
EXPERT WITNESS EXPERIENCE
Expert 2134 is an experienced expert witness having been involved to represent both plaintiffs and defendants. Following are representative examples of the diversity of cases he has participated in:
• He represented a plaintiff in a defamation lawsuit against a newspaper.
• He counseled a plaintiff in a divorce case on discovering assets in a firm partnership.
• He provided counsel to a defendant in a case where a journalist claimed loss of income, property and damage to potential earnings resulting from loss of portfolio in a fire.
• Served as counsel/expert witness for the defendant (police) in a case where plaintiff claimed his image and business was ruined from media exposure related to actions by police after an arrest.
• Served as expert witness on behalf of plaintiff (doctor) in a defamation case whereby his reputation in the medical community was damaged.
• Provided counsel to defendant (car dealership) in defamation case involving alleged factual errors in direct mail solicitation letter which damaged reputation of plantiff.
• Served as expert witness for the plaintiff (College) in a defamation lawsuit where it alleged the defendants made false accusations against it in a series of media interviews.
• Served as an expert witness for the defendant (attorney) in a defamation case where the plaintiff (attorney) accused defendant of generating media exposure of sanctions plaintiff received from Bankruptcy Court, thus damaging reputation resulting in loss of business.
Expert 2134 has been deposed and testified both at arbitration hearings and in court.