Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Radiation Oncology, Brain Injury, Health/Medical/Disability Insurance, Managed Care & HMOs, Medical Insurance, Medical Malpractice, Oncology, Palliative Care, Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Proton Beam, Denials, Benefits Management, Physician, 3DCRT, IMRT, IGRT, SBRT, SRS, HDR Brachytherapy, GYN Cancers
- Patient-oriented physician with superb bedside manners and clinical expertise. Pioneering career utilizing state-of- the-art technologies with extensive experience in 3DCRT, IMRT, IGRT technology as well as experience with SBRT, SRS, RapidArc.
- Expert in utilizing HDR brachytherapy for the treatment of breast and GYN cancers.
- Spearheaded the development of multidisciplinary conferences and tumor boards to improve the quality of care.
- Co-founder of nonprofit organizations to assist the uninsured and disadvantaged. Creator of educational and support groups to drive cancer awareness in the community.
- Effective Communicator
- Sought-After Public Speaker
- Strong Work-Ethic
- Excellent Bedside Manners Practice Builder
- Dynamic, Engaging Personality
- Team Player
- Advocate for Evidence-Based Medicine Educator
- Demonstrated Track Record of Clinical Success, Innovation and Leadership
Education & Training
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University
Resident, Radiation Oncology • St. Louis, MO
Episcopal Hospital, Medical College of Pennsylvania
Internship, Internal Medicine • Philadelphia, PA
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University
Research Fellowship, Radiation Oncology • St. Louis, MO
Jorjani Medical Center
Resident, Radiation Oncology • Tehran, Iran
Internship, Transitional Medicine • Mashad, Iran
Shiraz University Medical School
Medical School (M.D.) • Shiraz, Iran
- 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy: expert (18 years of experience)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT): expert (16 years of experience)
- Low Dose Rate Brachytherapy (LDR): expert (16 years of experience)
- High Dose Rate Brachytherapy (HDR): expert (16 years of experience)
- Radioactive Iodine Ablation: expert (16 years of experience)
- Breast Brachytherapy (MammoSite & Contura): expert (12 years of experience)
- GYN Brachytherapy (LDR and HDR): expert (16 years of experience)
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT): very strong (6 years of experience)
- Clinical Cancer Genetics Counseling and Testing: expert (9 years of experience)
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT): familiar (One year of experience)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS): familiar (One year of experience)
Board Certifications & Medical Licenses
- Radiation Oncology Board (original certification 2001, recertification 2012)
- Texas State Medical Licensure
- Illinois State Medical Licensure
- Florida State Medical Licensure
- Arizona State Medical Licensure
- New Jersey State Medical Licensure
- Nevada State Medical Licensure
ASSOCIATE MEDICAL DIRECTOR
January 2014 to present
GREATER TRIANGLE RADIATION ONCOLOGY
Altus Baytown Cancer Center
DIRECTOR OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY DEPARTMENT
Mid Florida Hematology and Oncology
Orange City, FL
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, Faculty
Conroe Regional Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Spring Branch Radiation Therapy Center, Houston, TX
Radiation Oncology Associates, P.A., Falls Church, VA
Oncology Associates of Virginia, P.C. Norfolk, VA
VA Medical Center, Washington D.C.
PARTNER AND ASSOCIATE
Greater Houston Radiation and Oncology
Six years of experience as an expert in the treatment of breast and GYN cancers within the Greater Houston area.
Initiated treatment programs utilizing IMRT, 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy and the MammoSite Balloon at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands, and at both Conroe and Tomball Regional Cancer Centers.
Secured staff privileges at Houston Northwest Medical Center, Bayshore Hospital, Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital and St. Luke’s Community Hospital.
Founded Breast and General Tumor Boards at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands, and multiple educational and support groups for patients and the community.
Collaborated in the development of the Breast Disease Regional Group of North Houston.
Recognized as the only physician in North Houston utilizing radioactive iodine ablation for the treatment of thyroid cancer.
Cofounded Doctors Outreach for Community Service (DOCS), the only free clinic providing care to uninsured in North Houston.
Initiated and led Genetic Counseling and Testing in North Houston.
Loyola University Medical Center Chicago, IL
Chief of Breast, GYN, and Brachytherapy Services.
Participated in the research and development of the MammoSite Balloon leading to FDA approval and later utilized it as a standard option for the treatment of breast cancer.
Implemented GYN HDR Brachytherapy program, treated 700+ patients with breast and GYN cancer, and performed 200+ HDR procedures.
Assisted in the research and development of Endovascular Brachytherapy.
Managed Total Body Irradiation and lymphoma program.
Private Clinic & Emergency Department
Successfully fulfilled national service obligation working at clinics and emergency centers in underprivileged areas of the country.
Lectures, Seminars, & CME Programs
- Guest Speaker, “Breast Cancer”, In the Pink of Health Luncheon, Woodlands Marriott Waterway
- Role of MRI in the Treatment of Breast Cancer
- Hereditary Colon & Endometrial Cancer
- Hereditary Breast & Ovarian Cancer
- Partial Breast Irradiation
- IMRT Technology
- Debate: Accuracy on Sentinel Node Biopsy after Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy
- Role of Radiation Therapy in Management of Endometrial Cancer
- Role of Radiation Therapy in Management of Breast Cancer
- Role of Radiation Therapy in Management of Colon Cancer
- “What is Cancer” & “New Advances in the Treatment of Cancer” (Fellowship of the Woodlands annual cancer fair, CanCare training and refresher courses)
- Genetic Counseling & Testing for Hereditary Cancers
- Houston’s Annual Breast Summit, Panel Member
- Speaker’s Bureau: Myriad Genetics
- 3-D Conformal Radiotherapy in the Treatment of Cancers of Paranasal Sinuses
- Toxicity & Outcomes of Treatment in Patients with Post-operative Radiation for Carcinoma of the Cervix (Winner of American Brachytherapy Society
- Travel Award)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Floor of the Mouth
- Role of IMRT in Treatment of GYN Cancers—Poster Presentation at ASTRO
- Co-founder, Doctors Outreach for Community Service (DOCS)
- (Nonprofit raising funds and encouraging physicians to volunteer at The Community Clinic)Board Member, Cancer Counseling
- (Nonprofit health agency offering free professional counseling & community education)
- Representative, North Houston, Breast Health Collaborative of Texas
- (Addresses service gaps and improves access to breast cancer treatment for women)
- Chair, Healthcare Initiative Committee for Relay for Life of South Montgomery County
- Co-founder, Cancer Education Group
- Founder, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Cancer Family Support Group
- Founder, Stage IV Cancer Support Group for Relatives & Caregivers
- Founder, Yoga for Cancer Survivors
- Trainer, CanCare (interfaith cancer support network)
- Member, Cancer Resource Ministry, Fellowship of The Woodlands
- Member, Power of Purse, the Women’s Initiative of the United Way of Greater Houston
- Grants Review Panel, Komen Houston Affiliate Grants Program
- Volunteer, The Rose (Houston’s leading nonprofit breast cancer organization
- Volunteer, Key Note Society, The Woodlands Symphony Orchestra
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology & Oncology
- American Medical Association