Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Restaurant Hospitality, Organizational Management, Food Beverage Operations, Training Programs, Menus, On-Site Operations Evaluations, Profit Enhancement, Server Training, Sales Incentive Training, Menu Copy Writing, Resturant Consultant, Hiring Practices, Restaurant Openings, Operations Evaluations, Bar and Dining Room Training Programs,
For nearly 35 years, Expert has helped more than 700 hospitality clients maximize their sales and profits, and achieve their highest level of product consistency and guest service satisfaction levels.
If you are seeking a Food & Beverage Expert in the following Operational areas:
- Restaurant Openings
- Operations Evaluations
- Bar and Dining Room Training Programs
- Hiring Practices (Job Descriptions, Hiring Criteria, Interview Questionnaires, Training, Evaluations, Terminations)
- Kitchen Training Programs
- Alcohol Awareness
- Point of Sale Systems
- Menu Design (Copy Writing, Proofing, Engineering for Profitability)
- Management Performance
- Cost Reduction Programs (Liquor, Labor, Food, Other)
Expert has represented hospitality clients of every style, shape and size. Common cases which required her expertise involved alcohol consumption (by patrons and/or by employees), coffee spills (in restaurants as well as cafeterias), adding gratuities without permission, labor union issues, etc. She is also a nationally recognized hospitality speaker on a variety of topics.
Expert’s key areas of specialization include the following:
- On-site operations evaluations to identify ineffective cost controls, flaws in the organizational structure and inadequacies of management systems, policies and procedures;
- Profit enhancement as a result of implementing cost-cutting measures in all prime cost areas (food, liquor and labor);
- Server training, sales incentive training, customer service training, and management training and evaluation programs;
- Recipe documentation, cost analysis, menu pricing and menu copy writing;
- Competitive market surveys and feasibility studies, and
- Bridge management (interim on-site operations management).
Expert founded her hospitality operations consulting firm in 1988 and has been helping food and beverage operations achieve their highest level of profits, product consistency and service quality ever since. By combining her degree in Organizational Management from Wharton with over 30 years of hands-on restaurant management experience, Expert concentrates her efforts implementing cost-cutting measures, developing training programs for both front and heart of the house employees, engineering menus, conducting Spotter visits (incognito staff evaluations), creating organizational manuals, providing expert witness testimony and presenting management development seminars. She provides an extra set of skilled hands and trained eyes, along with a well-rounded corporate background each time she works with a restaurant, bar, hotel, country club, banquet facility, university or caterer.
Prior to her work as a consultant, Expert spent ten years working for various independent restaurants and corporate chains. She has held literally every position in the restaurant hierarchy from Dishwasher to Corporate Operations Manager. Expert began her management career as a Manager Trainee with CHARLEY’S PLACE in 1981. She also worked for THE MAGIC PAN, H.T. McDOOGAL’S and AL E. GATORS. Her last full-time restaurant position was General Manager of MARABELLA’S in Center City Philadelphia.
Expert is a former Board Member of the New Jersey (NJRA) and Philadelphia Delaware Valley Restaurant Associations (PDVRA). Expert is a member of the National Restaurant Association (NRA) and Les Dames d’Escoffier, and has been a member of the National Association of Catering Executives (NACE), International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP), Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP), New York State Restaurant Association (NYSRA) and the North Carolina Restaurant Association (NCRA). In 1996, Expert was named Allied Foodservice Executive of the Year by the NJRA. In 1993, she received the Panache Award for Education from the PDVRA. Expert has also taught a course entitled, “So You Want to Open A Restaurant,” at Temple University’s Center City Campus, and is a guest lecturer at the CIA, Drexel University, The Restaurant School and trade shows throughout the United States and Canada.
ServSafe Re-Certified as of 3/04