Provides Testimony In
Fitness and Exercise Accidents, Sports Injury Prevention, Industrial Injury Prevention, Personal Trainer Standard of Care, Fitness and Expercise Equipment, Free Weight Equipment, Sport Equipment Design, Equipment Use, Flooring, Personal Trainers, Equipment, Warnings, Facility Signage, Plate Load Equipment, Fitness Equipment Instruction, Education, Health Club Exercise Injuries, Exercise Equipment Safety
- Fitness & Exercise Accidents
- Sports Injury Prevention
- Industrial Injury Prevention
- Personal Trainer Standard of Care
- Fitness & Exercise Equipment
- Free Weight Equipment
- Sports Equipment Design
- Equipment Use
- Personal Trainers
- Equipment, Warnings & Facility Signage
- Plate Load Equipment
- Fitness Equipment Instruction & Education
- Health Club Exercise Injuries
- High School Exercise Injuries
- Exercise Equipment Safety
- High School and College Coach since 1970
- Coached Football, Track, Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, and Tennis
- High School Teacher of Social Sciences, English, and Physical Education (30+ years)
- College Instructor and Lead Teacher for Sport Psychology and Weight Training (6 years)
- Private Athletic Development Coach for Youth, HS, College and World Class athletes (22 years)
- Overall Football Head Coaching Record: 302 – 91 – 3
US Olympic Training Center Internship: in Training Methods for Individual Athletic Progress
- Worked with the “Founders” of Modern Training Methods from all sports and Olympic disciplines, 1973-76
- Bigger, Faster, Stronger Training: Trained by the nation’s leader in Athletic Development as a Clinician and Weight Room Safety Expert from 1989 until 2012. To keep certification up to date, “continuing educational” work was required each year. Achieved MASTERS LEVEL Certification in 1992
- Athletic Development Seminar Clinician: Spoken in over 1000 high schools and colleges throughout the US, Japan and Europe, clinics featured instruction on weight training, speed development, body position and positive motivation. All clinics include weight room safety instruction, safe training methods, and instructor methodology.
Football Clinician: Speaker for Nike Clinic of Champions, Mega Clinics, Glazier Clinics, All-Sport Clinics, and over 50 Major College and State Football Coaching Clinics. Topics include strategy, player development, motivation and weight training for championship performance.
ARTICLES, INSTRUCTIONAL BOOKS, NOVEL, AND SPORTS INSTRUCTIONAL DVD’S:
- Numerous articles for: Sports Illustrated, ESPN Magazine, American Football Quarterly, Football Coaching, and The Bigger, Faster, Stronger Journal.
- Wrote and starred in 7 Sports Instructional DVD’s
- Wrote instructional book, “Athletic Development and Movement Skills for Young Athletes”
- State Football Champions 3 times in 1990’s, including 5 State Final appearances and 10 League Championships at Sabino HS in Tucson
- Also, 46 consecutive regional wins, 27 consecutive home wins, and teams ranked #13, #17, and #24 in the nation.
- Coached HS teams to AZ State Title Game 7 of 12 years, and The Final Four 14 of the past 15 years as High School coach.
- Coach-of-the-Year 10 times in 4 States, State All-Star Coach 4 Times. League Champions 15 times, Won 23 Consecutive Games from 1998-99.
- Defeated defending National Champion Glendale College in Pima College’s Inaugural Game (2001). Defeated Kilgore, TX (#2 in nation) at Pilgrim’s Pride Bowl Classic on national TV and finished #5 in the nation in 2004, which featured upsets of #6 Glendale and #1 Dixie State.
- Coached Tucson Santa Rita HS from 0-10 to 11-2 in 2007 and State Semi-Finals in first year, the biggest turnaround in Arizona state history. Took team to State Finals in 2008 and 2009.
- Named National Coach-of-the-Year by Professional Football Strength and Conditioning Coaches of America, February 2008 in Indianapolis, IN at NFL Combine.
- Head Coach for Team Stars and Stripes USA in Global Challenge Bowl in Japan, France, Germany and Italy
- Student-athletes as American ambassadors recruited across the US for exhibition football game.
- Inducted into Pima County (Arizona) Sports Hall of Fame, Spring 2006.
- University of Florida B.S. Journalism and Communications (1970) Georgia State University Graduate Social Studies
- University of Arizona M. Ed. Counseling and Psychology (1972) University of California-Davis Post-Graduate Social
- Studies, Physical Education University of Arizona Completion of Secondary Phys. Ed. Credential
Happily married; kids and grandkids.
I enjoy traveling internationally for coaching seminars and work as a business consultant.
Speak with this Expert for freeRequest This Expert