Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Technology, Internet, Computers, Video Games, Gaming, Toys, Software, Telecom, Telecommunications, Apps, Marketing, Licensing, Branding, Retail, Business Valuation, Anti-Trust, IP, Patent Infringement, Damages Assessments, Marketing, Product Development
Trends Expert + Analyst: Consumer/Business Products and Solutions, Telecom, Technology, Cloud/Online, Video Games, and Digital Media
Globally-renowned business strategist and trends expert
Bestselling author of 14 books
CEO and founder
Senior management and strategic innovation consultant
Globally-renowned B2B + consumer products, technology, telecom, consumer electronics, generations, retail, finance, toys and video games business expert:
1 billion+ consumers reached in under 8 years
Expert columnist: CNN, Parade, Inc, Entrepreneur, Rolling Stone, Atlantic, etc.
Trends expert for IBM, American Express, Hyatt, Whirlpool, Folgers and more
Seen in over 600 outlets: CBS, NBC, LA/NY Times, USA Today, Today Show
More than 5000 published articles
Regular appearances on ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX, NBC, WB
Hailed as authority by AP, BusinessWeek, Forbes, MSN, NPR, Wall St. Journal
Leadership and change management expert: Top-rated provider of speaking services, workshops, seminars, teaching tools and training programs for organizations including Century 21, Ford, Dell, Procter & Gamble and more.
Self-publisher: software, technology, online services, apps and video games: Handled all product acquisitions, business development, finance, operations, licensing, marketing/PR, third-party relations, strategic positioning, and sales functions.
20 years of building profitable startups and divisions: Built and sold multiple businesses from consulting firms to advertising networks.
Extensive skill set and strategic planning experience: Versed in business development, worldwide publishing, third-party relations, brand management, advertising, sales, licensing, customer acquisition, content strategy, social media and traditional/viral marketing and promotion.
Private Company March 2010 – Present Strategic innovation consulting, market research and consumer products testing services.
CEO and Lead Analyst
- Built, managed and oversaw one of today’s most well-known international consulting, market research and consumer products testing operations.
- Grew practice’s clients to include top brands like IBM, PwC, Accenture, AT&T, Verizon, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Amazon, Facebook, Ford, Microsoft, Intel, and others.
- Expert witness consulting work includes insight on anti-trust, IP and patent infringement, damages assessment, marketing, product development and more.
- Extensive digital, online, mobile, social experience includes strategic roadmaps, product launches and content planning for IP portfolios and app stores.
- Among the world’s most-quoted analysts: CNN, USA Today, MSNBC and more
HOW Media LLC May 2017 – Present
Creator of critically-acclaimed media ventures, live event programs, books, and cloud apps.
CEO and Co-Founder
- Built breakout hit lifestyle magazine SELECT: Your City’s Secrets Unlocked, as seen on ABC, CBS, CNN, Fox, Rolling Stone, Fortune, etc.
- Established media publishing and syndication programs with world-renowned partners like Parade, Huffington Post, etc.
- Created, organized and planned multiple successful live events (launch parties, happy hours, Battle of the Bands, networking programs, etc.) of up to 400 people
- End-to-end conception and launch of leading tech newswire TechPressroom.com and custom online press kit provider ProPressroom.com
- Managed teams of up to 40 people
Phoenix Online Publishing January 2014 – Present Award-winning publisher and developer of video games and software apps.
- Built leading game development studio’s new PC, Mac and mobile device publishing division from the ground up, delivering first #1 top-selling product in under six months
- Established and managed international distribution network, including retail and strategic partnerships, on a worldwide basis
- Headed up business development and developer relations, signing and brokering deals for titles at myriad scopes and budget ranges
- Secured press and media headlines in leading outlets such as ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC
- Managed business affairs and contract negotiations for a roster of bestselling game developers and franchises, as well as independent (indie) upstarts
Digital Trends July 2007 – March 2010
40 million-reader website for gadget, technology and consumer products enthusiasts
- Responsible for strategic positioning, business development, brand management, advertising, customer acquisition and day-to-day operations:
- Helped grow revenues by 200%, increase productivity by order of 10X.
- Negotiated, built and supervised editorial partnerships and syndication programs with Yahoo, Google, MSN and Best Buy, resulting in lucrative licensing deals, traffic spikes
- Created marketing plan and public relations plan: Achieved sustained national awareness at minimal cost by leveraging social networks, broadcast/print media and online trends.
- Managed two-dozen strong editorial and production teams
- Built and oversaw business-to-business, business-to-consumer consulting practice, network of freelance contributors
Embassy Multimedia Consultants March 2004 – July 2007
World’s leading PC and video game consulting firm
- Founded company and grew profits by 50-150% annually via aggressive business development, online marketing and promotions and customer outreach programs
- Advised industry leaders from Microsoft to Sony, Electronic Arts, Namco and UbiSoft on strategic planning, IP portfolio management, worldwide publishing, marketing, PR and product development, resulting in critically- and commercially-successful launches of both original and licensed IP.
- Acted as product acquisitions primary: Atari, CDV, DreamCatcher, Legendo Ent.
- Generated ongoing international media exposure at zero expense
- Sold self-funded firm to Digital Trends in July 2007
Games Press USA January 2006 – Present
Premiere newswire for games journalists (30K+ users) and online pressroom vendor
- Founded U.S. arm of successful pan-European firm: Built customer base, established American office, hired support staff and fueled ongoing year-on-year growth
- Grew profits 30-50% annually, drove membership totals from 18,000 to 30,000+
- Handled all day-to-day operations, providing an essential daily newsroom resource for game journalists, developers, publishers and retail/trade outlets worldwide
- Achieved best-in-class performance and awareness via extensive market research, viral outreach, community management efforts
- Clients include Nintendo, Capcom, EA, Sony Online, Square Enix, Koei, NCSoft, etc.
- Created top-tier tradeshow site E3Press.com and supporting sponsorship program, bringing in thousands of dollars and doubling proceeds annually.
Overload Entertainment November 2003 – January 2006 Independent software development and publishing label
- Started and self-funded international PC CD-ROM publisher
- Responsible for all product acquisitions, business development, management, operations, promotional, publishing and sales/distribution tasks.
- First title Heavyweight Thunder profitable within two weeks of announcement
- Products sold in over 20 territories worldwide
- Built and managed relationships with developers, distributors and trade partners worldwide, and created successful global brands, campaigns, partnerships
Self-Employed August 1999 – Present
Freelance writer, author, analyst, radio/TV host, consultant and custom publishing expert
Technology, Toys, Online, App, Social Media, Consumer Products and Business Expert
- Contributor to 600 outlets: CNN, Ent. Weekly, LA/NY Times, Playboy, Rolling Stone
- Over 5000 articles, hundreds of live radio and video appearances
- Fortune 500 clientele included America Online, Disney, Nokia, Delta and ESPN
- Custom publishing projects for Major League Baseball, National Cash Register, Toys R Us, Sam Goody, Hollywood Video
- Created and published books, magazines, websites, documentaries and more
Microids July 1998 – April 1999
Global publisher of PC and console games
VP of Product Acquisitions
- Identified and evaluated all product, publishing and strategic partnership ops
- Created company’s first international public relations program, securing widespread
global coverage at zero expense
- First signing: Worldwide smash hit SHOGO: Mobile Armor Division
- Executed long-term publishing deal with then-unknown Monolith Productions
- Rose from unpaid intern to executive position in under 3 months
- B.S. w/ Honors, Management Georgia Institute of Technology