Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Vehicle Accident Reconstruction, Investigation, Collisions, Commercial Motor Vehicle Accident Reconstruction, Bus Accident, Occupant Kinematics, Biomechanics, Pedestrian, Bicycle Reconstruction Investigation, Crash Data Retreival, Crush Energy Analysis, Safety Inspector, Hazardous Materials Inspector,
Expert Witness No.2999
CONSULTANT – 2008- Present
Expert is a specialist in Vehicle Accident Reconstruction with Engineering Company. He is skilled in all facets of the reconstruction process with more than 17 years directly involved in the execution of vehicle accident investigation and reconstruction. He has played a key role in the development of new mathematical methods of analysis for use in vehicle accident reconstruction.
As a collision reconstruction consultant, Expert has been recognized in Maryland, New Jersey, Virginia, New York and Pennsylvania judicial systems as an expert in the field of accident investigation. Additionally, he has taught all three levels of crash investigation, crush energy analysis, pedestrian accident investigation, and currently is the only person in the country offering a course in the use of Excel in accident investigation.
Some of the crash investigation courses he has completed include: Advanced Accident Investigation; Accident Reconstruction; Advanced Accident Reconstruction; Applied Physics for Accident Investigation; Commercial Motor Vehicle Accident Reconstruction; Bus Accident Reconstruction; Occupant Kinematics & Biomechanics; Pedestrian & Bicycle Reconstruction Investigation; CDR (Crash Data Retrieval) Certification Course and Crush Energy Analysis. Expert is also a certified Department of Transportation Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Inspector and has completed the Federal Motor Carrier Inspector’s Course; Hazardous Materials Inspector’s Course and Bulk Cargo Container Inspector’s Course.
ACCIDENT ANALYSIS AND RECONSTRUCTION – 2000 – 2008
Provided consulting services in the development of Vehicle Accident Reconstruction. Founded and developed a business in the discipline of Vehicle Accident Reconstruction provided expert consultation, support and education to the traffic accident investigation community.
ANNE ARUNDEL POLICE DEPARTMENT
Traffic Safety – Accident Reconstruction 1995 – 2000
Northern District -1990 – 1995
BALTIMORE COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT
Central Traffic Division 1989 – 1990
OCEAN CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT 1986 – 1988
MILITARY POLICE U. S. ARMY 1983 – 1986
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Associates of Arts Degree in Criminal Justice, Harford Community College, 1987
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice , University of Baltimore, Yale Gordon College of Liberal Arts, 1989
- Master of Arts Degree in Legal and Ethical Studies, University of Baltimore, Yale Gordon College of Liberal Arts, 1994
- The remainder of Expert’s extensive Professional Training is available upon request.
- Accredited as a Traffic Accident Reconstructionist
- Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstructionist (ACTAR) ID#550, 1994 Reaccredited by ACTAR: 2007, 2003 and 1998
- Breathalyzer Operator, 1989
- Radar Operator, 1989
- Preliminary Breath Test Operator, 1990 Intoximeter Operator, 1990
- Level I Commercial Motor Vehicle Inspector, 1995 Hazardous Materials Inspector, 1996
- LIDAR Operator, 1996
- CDR Technician Trainer, 2008
Available on full CV
- NAPARS National Assn. of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialists
- MdATAI Maryland Association of Traffic Accident Investigators(Board Member)
- SAE Society of Automotive Engineers
- INCR International Network of Collision Reconstructionist
- CDRTool Event Data Recorder for Collision Reconstruction Group
- RTA Investigators International Collision Investigators Discussion List
- TRSR Traffic Response & Safety Research Group