Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Psychology Rehabilitation Counselor, Counseling Vocational, Social Security Administration Testimony, Office of Disability Adjudication & Review,
EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC DEGREES
Ph. D Psychology, Walden University, Baltimore, Maryland
- Dissertation topic: Strategies for Helping Individual’s with Disabilities Cope with Job Loss.
Master of Arts Degree in Social Science, Our Lady Lake University, San Antonio, Texas
- Thesis topic: Strategies for Helping Grade School Girls cope with ADD.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Rehabilitation Science, UT Southwestern Medical School,
CERTIFICATIONS PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS, ACCOMPLISMENTS
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
- Federal Contract as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor from August (1997 to Present) with the Department of Labor
Post-Doc Fellow (practicing psychologist)
Active Association Affiliation:
National Rehabilitation Association,
Member of the Psychology National Honor Society (2013)
Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology,
Beasley, T. (2014). Strategies for Helping Individual’s with Disabilities Coping with Job Loss. ProQuest LLC
- A quantitative study was conducted to evaluate the effectiveness of a Job Readiness Training employment program that offered Vocational Adjustment Training, with Solution Focused Employment Counseling to improve self-esteem and coping strategies following a job loss for individuals with learning, medical and physical limitations. In this study, I examined self-esteem and coping strategies before and after the training to learn if individuals with disabilities in the training improved their self- esteem and coping strategies to facilitate finding new employment. The aim of the program was to facilitate preparation towards work readiness, social skills, and employment counseling to increase self-esteem and coping skills. I found that the JRT program offering VAT and SF was modestly effective in increasing coping skills in individuals with learning, mental, and physical disabilities. Most of the individuals in the program were shown to progress from the non-action stage to the action stage of looking for long term employment.
Other Professional Training Experience:
El Centro Community College- Instructor
Work Source for Dallas County – Layoff Workshop Seminar Trainer
Dallas County Family Court, – Victim Advocate
Association for Retarded Citizen, – Education & Job Placement Coordinator
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration- Grant Reviewer
Office of At Work Personnel (Owner)
Department of Labor, Dallas, Texas 75224
Contract – Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling
- 1997 to present – I provide vocational rehabilitation counseling to federal government employees. I preformed job analysis, work cite survey, and work assessment for RTW.
Social Security Administration/ODAR Dallas, Texas 75251
Contract – Expert Witness
- 2004 to Present – I am a Vocational Expert to the Social Security Administration where I testify in hearing for the Office of Disability Adjudication and Review.
Texas Rehabilitation Commission
Dallas, Texas 75214
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
1993 to 1997 – I provided Vocational, Rehabilitation Counseling for Worker’s Compensation, Mental Health & Mental Retardation, Substance Abuse and Traumatic Brain Injured clients. I also, worked with rehabilitations hospitals and agencies to provide the best rehabilitation care to clients as possible during their rehabilitation process.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Violence in the Work Place
- Solution Focused Therapy-Employment Counseling
- Person Center Counseling
- Vocational Adjustment Training
- Personal & Social Training
- Experienced with Job Analysis
- Experienced with SPSS
- Employment and Catastrophic Injury
- Earning Capacity and Employability in Family law, Workmen’s Compensation, Personal Injury, and Social Security Disability
- Lost Earning Capacity & Present Value Analyses
- Vocational Expert for Social Security Administration Disability Hearings
- Vocational Testing and Assessment